adiakritos

Where to Start?

Hi everyone!

I've had a few interesting experiences that have led me to have a lot of interest in Taoism. I wrote about it here:http://www.thetaobums.com/index.php?/topic/23796-hi-everyone-i-had-an-interesting-experience/

Now, Im not sure where to begin getting a 'formal' introduction to Taoist practices or at least some general guide lines to go by. A little guidance would be great! Thanks!

There's no formal introduction thing, you started walking a path a long time ago and now you just need to learn how it relates to what you want to do now

There's no formal introduction thing, you started walking a path a long time ago and now you just need to learn how it relates to what you want to do now

I don't know what I want to ask or say. I just keep searching for something but I don't know what I'm looking for. I have a kind of intuition that I already understand all there is to understand yet I'm not satisfied with that for whatever reason.

Like, why do I feel tension in my shoulders whenever I think about this? When I bring my attention to following the tao, trying to find the tao in myself and around me. Noticing my thoughts, the situations...etc idk lol I guess I'm just disoriented.

Edited by adiakritos

The work of Bruce Frantzis is a good place to start in my opinion, he explains things really well

The work of Bruce Frantzis is a good place to start in my opinion, he explains things really well

Cool, thanks!

there are a lot of good discussions here on the neiyeh<sp>, the chuang tzu, and the tao te ching, which could just be a good place to start

what is your interest right now? philosophy? diet? martial arts? qigong and energy work? sexual gongfu? chinese history? narrowing it down just a little will help people to help you with suggestions.

welcome to ttb :)

there are a lot of good discussions here on the neiyeh<sp>, the chuang tzu, and the tao te ching, which could just be a good place to start

what is your interest right now? philosophy? diet? martial arts? qigong and energy work? sexual gongfu? chinese history? narrowing it down just a little will help people to help you with suggestions.

welcome to ttb :)

Thanks for the welcome =)

I didn't know there were so many different areas of interest.

I guess my main interest is practicing wei wu wei in daily life since it is the way to be get in sync with the tao or attain a practical state of enlightenment day to day.