idiot_stimpy

Dealing with people with extreme lower energy

I deal in customer service and have no choice but to deal with people if I want to stay in the job.

To cut to the chase, I had to deal with someone today who had prior seeing me, verbally abused someone and then had an argument with the Police.

I felt as if this man just radiated lower vibrational energy, heavy and dense. This is not so much a problem, but the power behind this lower energy was massive. At one point I felt this energy washing across my body like a tidal wave and it was horrible.

My question is, what is the best course of action when dealing with someone like this?

Do you remain in a concentrated state, or completely surrender, or fight back, or put up an imaginary shield?

Do you have to experience these people in order to move forward with your practice?

Although probably not the best thing, but lowering your energy to match theirs and fighting back with rage/fear seems the most tempting thing to do.

I deal in customer service and have no choice but to deal with people if I want to stay in the job.

To cut to the chase, I had to deal with someone today who had prior seeing me, verbally abused someone and then had an argument with the Police.

I felt as if this man just radiated lower vibrational energy, heavy and dense. This is not so much a problem, but the power behind this lower energy was massive. At one point I felt this energy washing across my body like a tidal wave and it was horrible.

My question is, what is the best course of action when dealing with someone like this?

Do you remain in a concentrated state, or completely surrender, or fight back, or put up an imaginary shield?

Do you have to experience these people in order to move forward with your practice?

Although probably not the best thing, but lowering your energy to match theirs and fighting back with rage/fear seems the most tempting thing to do.

If you're familiar with Lester Levensons work...Negative emotions are Apathy, Grief, Fear, Lust, Anger, and Pride - in that order. Positive emotions are courageousness, acceptance, and Peace - in that order.

So, you always want to at least be at the level of courageousness - so that means staying grounded, not running away and protecting yourself if you have too. People like this are vibrating mostly from the level of anger...So in a strange way they are vibrating at a higher level then people who are constantly afraid and in fear. This is why some martial artists will say that it is better to hit someone then to run away.

So I would say all your answers are correct. Surrender to the moment, accept the other person as they are, and fight back if absolutely necessary.

• Like 2

What I like to do is replaces whatever negativity Im feeling about someone and replace it with feeling love. It takes practice, but eventually leaves you without any stress, imo.

What I like to do is replaces whatever negativity Im feeling about someone and replace it with feeling love. It takes practice, but eventually leaves you without any stress, imo.

I think surrendering, accepting the person as they are, and feeling love for someone are all basically the same thing. When you surrender to the moment without trying to escape it - you are in a state of love. When you accept someone as they are you are loving them and the present moment.

Eckhart Tolle talks about surrendering to the "pain body". When you encounter nasty people - sometimes your pain body gets activated. When you surrender to this feeling, without trying to escape it - something changes in you - and many times the other person. If you don't surrender to these kinds of moments - they will keep happening again and again until you do.

It seems there is an energy transaction on a subconscious level. I don't even have to think anything and there will be a wave of negative energy hitting me.

I have read that some people become a type of energy vampire. So even if this is the case, is the best path still to surrender to what is?

Some say Samatha meditation to improve concentration power.

Ultimately if I can stay in balance, then nothing happens. When there is enormous power behind someone, they seem to knock me off balance and I quickly get overwhelmed.

Or is the problem doing and not just being. If one is just being then it shouldn't matter.

I think it would be a mistake to fight or consciously put up shields as this adds to the idea that there is conflict. I also think that this sort of thing is happening at a subtle level with everyone you deal with ... not just the obviously v. angry types. Energy is energy ... not good or bad just what it is. So I think you can deal with it as such. Let it pass through or pass by without attachment or reacting ... say to yourself that it is nothing to do with you personally but just part of dynamics of the life-field (for want of a better expression).

Alternatively just play soothing music and put them on hold for 20 mins until the next customer advisor becomes available .... (sorry cheap joke but I couldn't resist).

I think it would be a mistake to fight or consciously put up shields as this adds to the idea that there is conflict. I also think that this sort of thing is happening at a subtle level with everyone you deal with ... not just the obviously v. angry types. Energy is energy ... not good or bad just what it is. So I think you can deal with it as such. Let it pass through or pass by without attachment or reacting ... say to yourself that it is nothing to do with you personally but just part of dynamics of the life-field (for want of a better expression).

Alternatively just play soothing music and put them on hold for 20 mins until the next customer advisor becomes available .... (sorry cheap joke but I couldn't resist).

Its actually face to face customer service so I have no choice. They can actually get physically close.

Now I may be getting into a bit of an unbalanced state of mind, but this guys power was massive, I just hope he wasn't trying to suck on my energy or anything, as I have been celibate now for 30 days and have definitely found my power going up.

I guess I could have just been experiencing my own energy based on my perceptions, however sometimes its hard to know if you're feeling your own or someones else's. My intuition was telling me this guy was evil and was a walking time bomb waiting to go off.

Its actually face to face customer service so I have no choice. They can actually get physically close.

Now I may be getting into a bit of an unbalanced state of mind, but this guys power was massive, I just hope he wasn't trying to suck on my energy or anything, as I have been celibate now for 30 days and have definitely found my power going up.

I guess I could have just been experiencing my own energy based on my perceptions, however sometimes its hard to know if you're feeling your own or someones else's. My intuition was telling me this guy was evil and was a walking time bomb waiting to go off.

Trust your feelings. What you felt about that guy was probably real. I know what its like to work on a front desk ... in fact apart from technical aspects the whole job is really about responding to people's energies. A lot of people get exhausted by this because it is happening unconsciously (for most) and they end up hardened (some might say brutalised ) by the experience.

I still think you should deal with it by letting his energy pass through/by you. Deal with what he is telling you at face value ... as a technical issue ... try to maintain your own centre and remember energy is energy and return it to the 'comos' ... any form of psychic self defence could just make the energy build up ....

anyway my 2 pence worth.

best of luck ...

If he had two little black spots in his eyes, then that was god. You could always relate to folks like that with that in mind - treat him like god who's having a bad day. Smile, stay above it, observe...it's just Us on any other given day.

• Like 2

Here is one perspective, FWIW -

- Recognize that the negative feeling that you are experiencing is in you, someone else in your position might feel and react completely differently in an identical situation

- Look carefully at how these feelings arise, where they come from, and recognize that you have a choice - allow the other's actions to determine how you feel or not

- Can you feel what the other person is feeling? Can you see why they are responding the way that they do? That can be helpful.

- Maintain your own integrity and stick to your core values, at the same time try to understand what they are feeling and trying to communicate

- Yes, you have to experience these people from time to time if you are going to live in society. And see if you can recognize your own potential for being like this in another's eyes from time to time - chances are you don't realize it when that happens

- But you do not have to be a little monkey on a leash reacting to someone else's problem, you can stay centered and confident in your efforts to help them while respecting your own right to be happy and free of their confusion and emotion

Great questions and thread - IMO, this is the work that counts.

I need to deal with this constantly in my work.

You never see yourself more clearly than in the mirror of relationship, whether that is a long term or transient one.

Good luck!

• Like 1

NLP usually works to help people calm down and if you genuinely seem interested in understanding his problem (which is not same as being able to solve it) and can even feel a little love for your human brother that helps too. Mirroring, basically restate his concerns, start with your body language, speech and breathing sort of similar to his but of course less intense, then instead of becoming more keyed up, relax and slow down see if you get him to match you. This guy does sound quite intense, but try the technique with more typical grumpy customers and see if you can help them leave happier. Afterward, if you feel a little drained, go take a walk or something. With a job dealing with public good idea to have ritual every day to reset when you're done with work, go wash your hands, change your clothes, go outside for a while, just something simple.

God on a bad day- I like it!

• Like 1

Thank you very much everyone.

One of the things I took from this is the ability to be centered but without being overwhelmed.

In the past I have dealt with similar people and felt no effect. As long as I can stay in my center and be in balance then I don't care.

As someone pointed to before, it seems the concentration of presence has to go up, otherwise forces seem to quickly overwhelm you. And although those forces could also be 'you', it doesn't make the experience or sensation of low vibrational energy very pleasant.

Thank you very much everyone.

One of the things I took from this is the ability to be centered but without being overwhelmed.

In the past I have dealt with similar people and felt no effect. As long as I can stay in my center and be in balance then I don't care.

As someone pointed to before, it seems the concentration of presence has to go up, otherwise forces seem to quickly overwhelm you. And although those forces could also be 'you', it doesn't make the experience or sensation of low vibrational energy very pleasant.

Indeed it can be difficult to deal with such people. People say don't use a psychic shield, but i disagree. If you find yourself being overwhelmed then it is something that is good to use. Some people use them on a daily basis especially when dealing with lots of negative chi. The idea that you can dissolve every person you come in contact with is silly, the body is limited.

As you said, "Stay centered." This is very important. Another thing that one should keep in mind is when others get emotional and start to yell they are also subconsciously trying to draw you into their own state or saying "Follow me, get angry with me." because they want others to mimic their state and reinforce there feelings and perspective.

One trick you can do is instead of letting him draw you into his center of anger you can draw him into yours via just by smiling and radiating love and joy no matter what he throws at you.

-My 2 cents, Peace

Edited by OldGreen

Your employer should train you to deal with people like this, ifr you work in that sort of environment.

If they do not, then find another employer.

Training to deal with these situations is not by a correspondence course.

This is true - but remember that it is learned in the physical presence of the sensei.

Perhaps, but it is only realised in the crucible of experience.

• Like 1

Perhaps, but it is only realised in the crucible of experience.

That was my original point.

Get trained or move on. Working in these environments is not a good experience and requires proper training and proper support.

I should perhaps add that the old man was Morihei Ueshiba Sensei.

Here is Terry's website:-

http://www.terrydobson.com/index.html

Risking thread hijacking, I have a vaguely similar story. I was walking on a street in China and saw two Uighur youths. Uighurs are a Muslim minority that faces a lot of discrimination from Han Chinese. I had have quite a bit of sympathy for them, but outside Xinjiang they're often involved in street crime. And true to the stereotype one of them was trying to grab a very old lady's purse from her bag.

It was actually a little comical - he was tall and she was tiny, so he had to walk stealthily behind her with his knees bent. Also inconguous: there were a lot of people around (as usual in Chinese cities) but no-one was paying any attention.

I have no known fighting ability, no-one was likely to intervene if a fight broke out, the youths were likely carrying knives. I didn't want the old lady to lose her wallet, and I didn't want the Uighurs to get arrested. I'd seen one arrested nearby and there was excessive use of force (which I hadn't tried to prevent).

I was quite conflicted and tagging along behind for a minute. Then without really knowing what I'd do next I walked up next to the pickpocketing youth and for some reason said "Hello kid, how're you doing? What're are you doing there" (你好小朋友,你怎么样?你干什么呢?) The term I used for kid 小朋友 (little friend) is only used by adults talking to little kids, and this created enough comedy that his mate cracked up. This distracted the pickpocket, and he gave up. That was lucky. :ph34r:

Edit: thinking back, I realise that the precise reason I did intervene was that the youths didn't carry a lower energy. I addressed them as children because they seemed playful like children. So this post was actually quite off-topic. Ah well... :P

Edited by onebir
  • Like 5

There is method I have but I think it is too much pre work and still in process of refining. It is dealing with the energybody contraction and expansion reaction in situations. As I deal with Chronic Fatique in the past myself, I get to learn this from real life. Meeting certain person, places will open and shrink ones fields and one even help this energy to go into oneself and makes one vulnerable to the reaction of others.

The method I do has its natural shielding by stop the contraction and regain the expansion and make it stay expanded in those situation

so next time you can completly let go of yourself and stop worry as this person do not touch you . They appear distant when they are in this troublesome state.

These people, everyone you meet are great sources to improve oneself.

Else as customer service one has to stay professional and be a service to the customer. One can still get mad afterwards when he is gone and than ask other questions to try to understand.

Well those people will show you if you are really stable in higher level vibration

or if you just pretend to be higher level vibration, you can learn a lot about yourself on the reaction of you one them and them on you.

These people, everyone you meet are great sources to improve oneself.

Well those people will show you if you are really stable in higher level vibration or if you just pretend to be higher level vibration, you can learn a lot about yourself on the reaction of you one them and them on you.

I like it