Sign in to follow this  
Cheshire Cat

Curious question about healing Tao

There's an issue, a question that I cannot answer about the fusion practice of healing Tao.

In the first formula, they use the Pakuas to collect and fuse the energy.

The system presents two types of post-heaven pakuas: the yang, and the yin.

The yin pakua should be a "gathering device" since the yin attracts and receives energy.

But in the fusion, they form the yang pakua to collect energy.

Why?

Subtle difference in language terms - in English we tend to use those terms interchangeably, whereas in a good translation they would not be congruent :) What's the difference between "gather" and "collect" ;)

I initially didnt respond because I felt that perhaps someone else would better be able to describe the difference between the two terms - I have a general understanding of the two but I dont know any chinese :)

There's an issue, a question that I cannot answer about the fusion practice of healing Tao.

In the first formula, they use the Pakuas to collect and fuse the energy.

The yin pakua should be a "gathering device" since the yin attracts and receives energy.

But in the fusion, they form the yang pakua to collect energy.

Why?

First of all, there are no such thing as two types of post-heaven Pakuas(Bagua). The yang and the yin are not called pakuas. Sorry, the terminology is not valid, no wonder the reader was confused as hell. I don't think this person even know what pakua is.... :(:o:unsure:

There is a pre-Heaven and a post-Heaven but only one of each from what I was taught.

Bagua as a concept is incredible, Baguazhang as a Martial Art is beautiful but can be very useful when needed.

That picture was pretty small, but what I managed to get from it was the 'reversal' of certain lines (yang to yin and vice versa) in the second so-called 'post-heaven' schema.

The main thing that popped up when I saw it was the fire/water relationship which seemed to have changed 'across the bagua' - changing the relationships of things by changing very specific aspects of them (assuming such things are amenable via cultivation)

It's tough IMO because I'm already looking at a schema I only just sort of get (sort of, but not enough) and then getting to compare that schema with some others I don't get (the pre-heaven thing escapes me to a large extent)

Sorry not to be more helpful, but it's interesting.

There are an Early Day(heaven) BaGua and a Post Day(heaven) BaGua.

There was no such thing as Yin BaGua or Yang BaGua.

From listening to some of Minke DeVos's Fusion meditations I always got the feeling Pakuas used in them were diamond shaped with the tai chi symbol on the octagonal side. They absorb, purify and send energy, often in pairs.

Sign in to follow this