idiot_stimpy

Raising energy into the brain

To make a long story short, I managed to raise some really heavy energy from my lower areas into my brain. The energy was a bit buzzy.

Anyway its seems on both occasions after I have done this, I have gotten sick with a sore throat/flu like illness.

Therefore I think I have learnt my lesson to not try and do this anymore.

• Like 2

I'd say you are wise to leave this stuff alone, except under the personal supervision of your guru.

• Like 1

To make a long story short, I managed to raise some really heavy energy from my lower areas into my brain. The energy was a bit buzzy.

Anyway its seems on both occasions after I have done this, I have gotten sick with a sore throat/flu like illness.

Why would you want to do this? Heavy energy is to be grounded and light energy from the sky pulled in through crown point.

• Like 1

Sore throat/flu can often be a symptom of clearing energy obstructions (maybe around the throat chakra). Take your time, but obstructions need to be cleared. Sounds like you are making good progress.

:)

Sore throat/flu can often be a symptom of clearing energy obstructions (maybe around the throat chakra). Take your time, but obstructions need to be cleared. Sounds like you are making good progress.

Really? I think that what OP describes is not ideal at all. Energy definitely needs to be refined before reaching the brain.

I have not heard of what you are describing.. getting ill from energy work.. fatigued, cold, hot, moody,erratic, as channels clear and stabilise, yes. Colds and flu? No.

I have had flu from cupping treatment a long time prior to beginning energy work.. a detox symptom.

Energy work should boost your immune system so you dont get colds.

Has anyone else here experienced colds and flu from practice?

• Like 2

I wouldn't recommend 'forcing' energy anywhere...I was taught to maintain a 'passive awareness' on the dan-tian and energy would naturally distribute through the meridians/chakras from there once it is ready...and I've yet to encounter any problems with this method.

• Like 3

I'm getting over a minor cold/sore throat right now and am suspicious of it having to do with my recent starting of a meditation practice, but honestly I have no idea whether that is the case.

I'm a beginner and have just been doing simple meditation with reverse breathing every evening for about a month. Initially, I started doing SFQ small universe but switched to a more basic reverse breathing, clearing the mind, whole body breathing approach that I think I will more or less stick with until I am able to attend a seminar/retreat with guidance from a teacher. One of my main goals is just to get comfortable sitting for extended periods. So I haven't been trying anything too extreme as far as energy practices go.

I had a meditation session that seemed particularly nice last week in which I felt very much at peace, comfortable, and more flexible than usual and the next day I came down with a sore throat. The cold almost entirely disappeared the day after but has been just barely lingering since then, noticeable mainly at night. I rarely ever get sick anymore and usually can pinpoint the cause to a pretty good certainty (got sick after eating like crap for a while, got sick after not getting enough rest and getting really run down, got sick after drinking and partying, etc.). However, this time I wasn't sure exactly why it happened. My diet is better than it has ever been (whole foods, fruits, veggies, water, almost no indulgence on snacks, no alcohol) and I haven't been really that sleep deprived or tired. So I questioned whether it had to do with my recently started meditation practice, but really I have no clue. I guess I was kinda hoping to see the topic come up on here because I'm curious what others' experiences are.

Really? I think that what OP describes is not ideal at all. Energy definitely needs to be refined before reaching the brain.

I have not heard of what you are describing.. getting ill from energy work.. fatigued, cold, hot, moody,erratic, as channels clear and stabilise, yes. Colds and flu? No.

I have had flu from cupping treatment a long time prior to beginning energy work.. a detox symptom.

I have never seen it happen with proper methods. Yes, proper methods = less colds/flu.

Most probably? What he was doing had nothing to do with getting sore throat.

I wouldn't recommend 'forcing' energy anywhere...I was taught to maintain a 'passive awareness' on the dan-tian and energy would naturally distribute through the meridians/chakras from there once it is ready...and I've yet to encounter any problems with this method.

IMO good advice!

• Like 7

As energy moves into new areas, it runs into obstructions (issues) stored in the body. As obstructions are released they can manifest as colds, rashes, etc... Not saying it is not just a cold, but as you pointed out, the body also needs to "detox" the issue.

As you said, overall energy work is very good for the body. You just need to be careful not to go to fast and overload (maybe get a cold or rash). :)

Thank you Jeff. Thats certainly a positive viewpoint that I haven't managed to see from.

Thank you all for your pointers, and fizix on your pointer on passive awareness.

Edited by jconnar

This is my approach as well. Seems most consistent with "The Classics" of Nei Gong.

I do let some energy raise to my head but only by its own will really, and it comes and leaves like good friends...

ditto, moving or forcing chi into the head before it is ready can bring on chi congestion, the excess chi irritates the sensitive nerves in the midbrain, causing headaches, migraines and all sorts of nasties. If you push this too much then sometimes Kundalini Syndrome can be the result.

Best do as suggested, work on your dan tien and let it rise when its ready. When it is ready it will happen automatically during your sleep, like astral traveling, OOB, etc, this is much much safer than forcing it. So, do your basics, keep working on chi development, and it will happen for you, safely.

• Like 1