Sign in to follow this  
Osalina

Alchemy and the 5 Elements

Hello,

My name is Osalina. I found you through Dr. Stephen Chang who was a teacher of mine in Maui in the 80's and 90's while I was living there. I have a website www.abcpeace.com which I am currently working on to transfer from www.abcpeace.net and so I created a link to Stephen on my currently www.abcpeace.net site and found your site. Taoist Alchemy is a subject I am especially interested in since I have just published a new book called "The Alchemy of the 5 Elements" subtitled "The Legend of the Beet Brothers".

In my book I teach the 5 Element Theory along with the history of Alchemy and its relationship to the 5 Elements through an imaginative children's story called "The Legend of the Beet Brothers" In this story the Beet Brothers (Beet the Beetnik and his brother Mr. Beet Hoven) study with the 5 Elements in the College of of Alchemy for Plants to learn how to heal humans. Their Elemental teachers are Solar the Sun King, Edena the Earth Mother, Airey the Air Angel, Watson the Water King and Ester and Ethen the Ether King and Queen also using Ayurvedic analogy instead of wood and metal for ether and air. I teach about the organs, glands, systems, taste, emotions, motivations connected to each element, herbs and foods etc... through poetry, story, humor and many recipes and include history lessons based on actual history of alchemy and myths surrounding alchemy. So I thought it would be fun to share these ideas with others who seem to be of like mind. Looking forward to connecting with you all. If you like I can add a direct link to this site as well from my website.

• Like 1

Interesting.

I was just mentioning something similar about the wood element recently. There is one that appears to be missing, which is the element of heart. (Love)

Welcome :)

Interesting.

I was just mentioning something similar about the wood element recently. There is one that appears to be missing, which is the element of heart. (Love)

Welcome :)

Hi,

I relate more to Ayurvedic names for the 5 Elements and prefer calling Wood - Ether and Metal - Air. However, I had it explained to me that wood can represent life force, like the Ethers from where all life springs and evolves and Metal cuts wood to bring out the aroma and fragrance in air.

I am not sure exactly what was meant by your comment as a general statement on the aspect of Love being of most importance, or you feel somehow my intro was missing love. As far as elements, the fire element does relate to the heart and when in balance one feels very connected to love. When out of balance the fire element can go cold and one feels disconnected from their love or excess fire and this manifest as anxiety and stress and also disconnects one from their heart center and their love. If I have misread you, please explain? When one has never met before, words can be interpreted in many ways.

• Like 1

I think it is a common misconception.

In actuality Love is another manifestation of energy. The one about jesus and selflessness, but the Christian's don't have the process of power parts that the others have, such as tao have. The Metta as realization is missing from many teachings and apparent in others.

Honestly, you should not write about these things without experience.

No offense, and perhaps I am misreading you - But your communications seem to me a bit assuming you do not know me or anything about me and you feel a bit self important. I certainly do have experience with Love more than you could know. I am a Mother and gave birth to two daughters and worked as a healer for over 30 years. I also studied Chinese 5 Elements for 35 years with many Masters and my former husband was Acupuncture Doctor who studied in Bejing. So please be a little more clear about what your talking about. I certainly have gaps in my knowledge as probally the majority of people do, I certainly would never claim to know everything, but your responses to me seem almost hostile and arrogant and certainly do not seem to reflect the energy of love.

• Like 5

Osalina....

I am curious what have you learned about the Five Element System. Can you start a new thread, in the discussion section, and talk about the system and how was it applied in the TCM....??? Thanks... :)

Edited by ChiDragon

No offense, and perhaps I am misreading you - But your communications seem to me a bit assuming you do not know me or anything about me and you feel a bit self important. I certainly do have experience with Love more than you could know. I am a Mother and gave birth to two daughters and worked as a healer for over 30 years. I also studied Chinese 5 Elements for 35 years with many Masters and my former husband was Acupuncture Doctor who studied in Bejing. So please be a little more clear about what your talking about. I certainly have gaps in my knowledge as probally the majority of people do, I certainly would never claim to know everything, but your responses to me seem almost hostile and arrogant and certainly do not seem to reflect the energy of love.

Yes, a mothers love is generally biased in favor of their children and family, etc. The trick is to cut the strings of it. Yes, I am direct, the only way I know how. Niceties are just that, pretend. Call it arrogance if you want, that is you choosing something for me, that is not so. You can find out if it is true, don't believe anything.

Yes, Love is a manifestation of awareness, how could it possibly be anything else?

Edited by Informer

Sign in to follow this