kentucker4

Qigong...demonic related?

In the past I already came across hardcore-christians that demonized martial arts.

The only thing I have to say is, that they are fighting their own shadow so hard, that

they have to project it on outside things. Thats simple psychology based on C.G. Jung.

And what about Jesus healing people? He maybe was some demonic qigong master? :unsure:

• Like 1

Ok, will try tomorrow. Just finished another qigong session with stances before and another short 2 minute horse stance after to help the chi sink. I lay down and meditate to a sleep inducing hypnosis track every night before i got to bed....does that count as sitting meditation?

Will try to sit in the park tomorrow after i practice when i have more time...today i have to go to work soon.

Also, why does qigong make you sweat so much??? The actions seem effortless.

What I'm suggesting involves the qi you will have just generated from the qi gong so it is actually a qi gong meditation, not the same as the sleeping one when you have not just done qi gong.

the body is sweating out toxins, cleaning house to welcome chi and shen.

• Like 1

Kentucker4, if what you said is true and complete, and you don't have other possibly related practices (yoga meditation, hypnosis, some forms of magick, prone to fantasies, pre-existing psychiatric conditions....), then you are only doing very rudimentary stuff and for few months only. Millions and millions of people are doing this sort of practices in parks everyday. The biggest risks are usually no result, waste of time and money, sun burns...

Naturally every person is different. One of the plausible explanation inside Kung Fu itself, is that you are, for some reasons, full of Chi/energy already, i.e. an inborn master - like Anakin. Once you start to practise, the overflow Chi could pose a problem to you. This sort of situation, fortunately or unfortunately, only exists in traditional Kung Fu novels/literature, or Star War.

In higher practices, i.e. advanced level in prolonged sitting meditation, the issue of demons might arise. You might see demons (if you are Christian), or Buddha or any deity/demon - according to your own religion and belief. It is because in the prolonged meditation, the dark side of you will surface, the sub-conscious will be active on its own. So you will be seeing your own deepest inner self, like things that you are scared of, dogs, spiders, bad bosses, betrayal of girl friends, bankruptcies (modern demons!) ... The traditional teaching is to ignore all of them. It is only possible in advanced stage, and most people can't reach that level. And as suggested by many members, you need a good master.

However for Kung Fu and active/moving Qi Kung training, this kind of situation (demons) never occurs. It is because the conscious mind is always active. And no one can do a single unmoving horse stance for few hours.

I know hypnosis and would suggest you stop the hypnosis track every night for the time being, just in case there are conflicts like different healthy applications crashes each other in computer.

Is my kharma really THAT bad???? Thanks for your input.

Probably not. Stick with what you know and trust, and don't let others sway you. Including what I say here.

I don't even know where he got all that....

John

Many thanks for your input...do you mean I did something bad during a war to Chinese people in the past and have a curse on me???

I am not sure what to think of this....i came to Taiwan the first time because i love to travel...i also lived for one year in South Korea and then went to Taiwan and back to the US and then back to Taiwan because my GF is Taiwanese and lives here. Otherwise I really wanted to go to Thailand or China this go around.

These corrections that are needed you say......how do I make the corrections??? You mean you made one for me?? I am confused by your wording. What do I need to do?

And what other karmic issues? I was told by another physchic that I have good kharma that is due to me. He knew a lot of tyhings about my life and asked for no money, so I believed him.

Is my kharma really THAT bad???? Thanks for your input.

You don't have to do anything and you don't have to think anything about it either.

I don't think about karma in terms of good or bad, I only look to see if it's a weakness or not.

Kentucker4, if what you said is true and complete, and you don't have other possibly related practices (yoga meditation, hypnosis, some forms of magick, prone to fantasies, pre-existing psychiatric conditions....), then you are only doing very rudimentary stuff and for few months only. Millions and millions of people are doing this sort of practices in parks everyday. The biggest risks are usually no result, waste of time and money, sun burns...

Naturally every person is different. One of the plausible explanation inside Kung Fu itself, is that you are, for some reasons, full of Chi/energy already, i.e. an inborn master - like Anakin. Once you start to practise, the overflow Chi could pose a problem to you. This sort of situation, fortunately or unfortunately, only exists in traditional Kung Fu novels/literature, or Star War.

In higher practices, i.e. advanced level in prolonged sitting meditation, the issue of demons might arise. You might see demons (if you are Christian), or Buddha or any deity/demon - according to your own religion and belief. It is because in the prolonged meditation, the dark side of you will surface, the sub-conscious will be active on its own. So you will be seeing your own deepest inner self, like things that you are scared of, dogs, spiders, bad bosses, betrayal of girl friends, bankruptcies (modern demons!) ... The traditional teaching is to ignore all of them. It is only possible in advanced stage, and most people can't reach that level. And as suggested by many members, you need a good master.

However for Kung Fu and active/moving Qi Kung training, this kind of situation (demons) never occurs. It is because the conscious mind is always active. And no one can do a single unmoving horse stance for few hours.

I know hypnosis and would suggest you stop the hypnosis track every night for the time being, just in case there are conflicts like different healthy applications crashes each other in computer.

I used to have a big sleep problem....the meditation helps me sleep greatly..don't think i can stop until qigong fixes my sleep problem more.

I do know that i am extremely sensitive to qigong for some reason. My body starts shaking sometimes when i do it and i can feel the energy very well....almost feels like a mild full body orgasm at times. And when i imagine balls of energy over hands when i do the motion above my head i can feel them massaging my aura and body if that makes any sense...almost like i am taking a bath in energy. My instructor told me yesterday that he can tell that i feel the energy very well and it's unusual for a beginner.

Also, sometimes after i do it, everything seems to move in slow motion.......maybe because i am sensitive to it because i used to meditate a lot and practice astral projection and get spontaneous OBEs sometimes...maybe that has something to do with it....i dunno. But it seems like whatever big block there was has gotten better....because i am not feeling horrible after practice anymore and am feeling good although kungfu practice yesterday was a little too intense...lost too much sweat and energy in the heat here.

Is it bad to practice qigong when you are already drenched in sweat from physical activity??? Because this is how i always practice due to it being right after my kungfu training.

Edited by kentucker4

Kentucker4, don't worry about demons or Kharma for the time being. Firstly how old are you? I am wondering this is because in the eastern world, those practices QiGong are generally those who feel a need, usually due to age or weak bodies. So most of the masters this side deal with problems in raising the Chi level, they don't really need to face the issue of overflow.

While if you are young, full of energy already, could be even having some more than normal level of Chi inborn, then the issue of overflow could occur. A more common example is that young people are not expected to take Ginseng otherwise they could have nose bleeding due to accumulating too much heat/yang Chi inside. If this theory is applicable, you could be having a full reservoir, then the Chi Kung raises it further. Without good guidance as mentioned by some members, like circulating the excess Chi into dantians, i.e. sinking back, circulating, redirecting etc, you could feel some irritations. It is usually due to the Chi rushing around.

The idea is basically similar to the finance concept, you need to lead the hot money into proper long term investments - then the hot money becomes real money. Otherwise they just drive up prices here and there and lead to speculations. Slow down the inflow of hot money also helps. That means don't be too vigorous or do too much active visualization first. Pace a bit, relax a bit. No need to push.

As to the lust you feel, it is completely natural and this subject has been mentioned in many posts. The Chi will make you stronger - also in the reproductive aspect. So you feel a drive to have an outlet. Higher Chi Kung practices always deal with this phenomenon. And this sex drive is used to further the development of Nei Gong practice in many sects. I think you can get assistance on this easily.

Regarding your sensitivity to Chi Kung, the many exposures and experiences in meditation, visualization, OBE, I can't really comment on those but would just say different practices sometimes conflict with each other not unlike softwares. If you want to find out the real problem, then you need to isolate each practice and observe the results and then correct or find help.

Finally, traditionally speaking, people who practise Chi Kung/Meditation are often described as per-disposed in life which is a form of Kharma.

Kentucker4, don't worry about demons or Kharma for the time being. Firstly how old are you? I am wondering this is because in the eastern world, those practices QiGong are generally those who feel a need, usually due to age or weak bodies. So most of the masters this side deal with problems in raising the Chi level, they don't really need to face the issue of overflow.

While if you are young, full of energy already, could be even having some more than normal level of Chi inborn, then the issue of overflow could occur. A more common example is that young people are not expected to take Ginseng otherwise they could have nose bleeding due to accumulating too much heat/yang Chi inside. If this theory is applicable, you could be having a full reservoir, then the Chi Kung raises it further. Without good guidance as mentioned by some members, like circulating the excess Chi into dantians, i.e. sinking back, circulating, redirecting etc, you could feel some irritations. It is usually due to the Chi rushing around.

The idea is basically similar to the finance concept, you need to lead the hot money into proper long term investments - then the hot money becomes real money. Otherwise they just drive up prices here and there and lead to speculations. Slow down the inflow of hot money also helps. That means don't be too vigorous or do too much active visualization first. Pace a bit, relax a bit. No need to push.

As to the lust you feel, it is completely natural and this subject has been mentioned in many posts. The Chi will make you stronger - also in the reproductive aspect. So you feel a drive to have an outlet. Higher Chi Kung practices always deal with this phenomenon. And this sex drive is used to further the development of Nei Gong practice in many sects. I think you can get assistance on this easily.

Regarding your sensitivity to Chi Kung, the many exposures and experiences in meditation, visualization, OBE, I can't really comment on those but would just say different practices sometimes conflict with each other not unlike softwares. If you want to find out the real problem, then you need to isolate each practice and observe the results and then correct or find help.

Finally, traditionally speaking, people who practise Chi Kung/Meditation are often described as per-disposed in life which is a form of Kharma.

I am 30 years old. I didn't seek out qigong...it is part of my kungfu training. What do you mean pre-disposed in life? Pre-disposed for what?

I am 30 years old. I didn't seek out qigong...it is part of my kungfu training. What do you mean pre-disposed in life? Pre-disposed for what?

Practiced today and had a really strong feeling session.....felt like bliss...but now about 2 hours later...I feel tapped in my head...feel high and my face has turned beet red like a tomato......why do I keep having these weird symptoms? Felt perfectly normal before my practice.

Maybe your not closing down properly , give your body a massage or brush it but do it downwards starting at the top of your head, you don't want any energy trapped in your head, rub your joints like your shoulders, knees and ankles then the bottom of your feet, focus on your body while you brush will help to sink the energy while bringing you back into normal life more smoothly .

By seeking answers (and in turn getting conflicting advice) on a forum, you are only getting confused and it isn't helping you.

When asking for advice, consider if the person offering is at all qualified to give it, or giving it with your best interests in mind. How do you know? On a forum, dealing with anonymous people, you don't. If I called myself 'Dr Becker' and advised you that the consumption of large quantities of arsenic would clear up your problems, I hope you would not follow said advice. Why then are you asking complete strangers about a physical problem you have, not knowing at all if their advice is any use, never mind if it might cause you harm?

You have a teacher. If you do not trust your teacher's advice and judgement in regards to your training and situation, you need to decide what course of action to take.

If you have a medical issue, consult with a properly qualified physician, be it Western or Chinese medicine.

• Like 3

By seeking answers (and in turn getting conflicting advice) on a forum, you are only getting confused and it isn't helping you.

When asking for advice, consider if the person offering is at all qualified to give it, or giving it with your best interests in mind. How do you know? On a forum, dealing with anonymous people, you don't. If I called myself 'Dr Becker' and advised you that the consumption of large quantities of arsenic would clear up your problems, I hope you would not follow said advice. Why then are you asking complete strangers about a physical problem you have, not knowing at all if their advice is any use, never mind if it might cause you harm?

You have a teacher. If you do not trust your teacher's advice and judgement in regards to your training and situation, you need to decide what course of action to take.

If you have a medical issue, consult with a properly qualified physician, be it Western or Chinese medicine.

I am SIFU MASTER LAMA DR. John, and this message is correct.

John

• Like 1

That is why the first lesson should be to teach one how to properly seek. Case solved.

(the truth is already within you.)

Edited by Informer

Maybe your not closing down properly , give your body a massage or brush it but do it downwards starting at the top of your head, you don't want any energy trapped in your head, rub your joints like your shoulders, knees and ankles then the bottom of your feet, focus on your body while you brush will help to sink the energy while bringing you back into normal life more smoothly .

It is an important advice. Just like warm up exercises but more important.

It is an important advice. Just like warm up exercises but more important.

I did brush down........was really really sick feeling last night and even had to take my old meds that i worked so hard to get off of....for whatever reason, it must be too soon for me at this point. I did some research and found out that Kungfu is basically a hard form of qigong in itself and will get you the same result in the end just slower and many sifus don't teach their students soft qigong until 2 years later.....i will just practice kungfu itself and save qigong for later when my nervous system is a lot stronger. Thanks for all the ideas guys. But the3 ones telling me to listen to myself make the most sense. Something is just not right at this point in time. So I will take it slow and incorporate soft qigong maybe just one day a week at first until i get a lot stronger feeling.

I did brush down........was really really sick feeling last night and even had to take my old meds that i worked so hard to get off of....for whatever reason, it must be too soon for me at this point. I did some research and found out that Kungfu is basically a hard form of qigong in itself and will get you the same result in the end just slower and many sifus don't teach their students soft qigong until 2 years later.....i will just practice kungfu itself and save qigong for later when my nervous system is a lot stronger. Thanks for all the ideas guys. But the3 ones telling me to listen to myself make the most sense. Something is just not right at this point in time. So I will take it slow and incorporate soft qigong maybe just one day a week at first until i get a lot stronger feeling.

I have another question for those familiar with kungfu.......how much chi does regular kungfu practices build up? Because I love the stance work, especially horse, it makes my legs feel so strong and i feel low to the ground afterwards...if I do kungfu 5 days a week and soft qigong only once a week....is this is pretty tame as far as chi building goes? Many thanks for any input.

I have another question for those familiar with kungfu.......

1. how much chi does regular kungfu practices build up?

2. Because I love the stance work, especially horse, it makes my legs feel so strong and i feel low to the ground afterwards...if I do kungfu 5 days a week and soft qigong only once a week....is this is pretty tame as far as chi building goes? Many thanks for any input.

1. Kungfu was considered to be an external practice; and external practice dissipates energy. Thus Kungfu does not build up chi.

2. Practicing Chi kung is primary for chi build up and Kungfu is secondary for working out the muscles vigorously. BTW Chi Kung is an internal art of practice. Internal practice is more superior than external. I think you can figure out which way to go from here.

1. Kungfu was considered to be an external practice; and external practice dissipates energy. Thus Kungfu does not build up chi.

2. Practicing Chi kung is primary for chi build up and Kungfu is secondary for working out the muscles vigorously. BTW Chi Kung is an internal art of practice. Internal practice is more superior than external. I think you can figure out which way to go from here.

From everything I have heard, the horse stance and other stances cultivate chi. I always feel energized from stance work unless i went at it too hard under the hot sun of course.

I only slept about 2 hours last night so I did just 15 minutes of qigong this morning to try and replenish some energy/ I hope none of it gets stuck in my head. I seem to have a bad problem about that...did my brush downs and focused on dantien...also pretend my feet are weighted when i walk to help ground energy. I just want to know if anyone else here felt sick often the first few months of their qigong practice.

From everything I have heard, the horse stance and other stances cultivate chi. I always feel energized from stance work unless i went at it too hard under the hot sun of course.

I only slept about 2 hours last night so I did just 15 minutes of qigong this morning to try and replenish some energy/ I hope none of it gets stuck in my head. I seem to have a bad problem about that...did my brush downs and focused on dantien...also pretend my feet are weighted when i walk to help ground energy. I just want to know if anyone else here felt sick often the first few months of their qigong practice.

Yes, horse stance do help to build up the muscle tone in your leg muscles. That is the cultivation of Chi. Don't worry, Chi will never get stuck in you head.

Yes, some people do get sick but not all get sick from chi kung practice, only if there were illnesses inside the body.

Yes, horse stance do help to build up the muscle tone in your leg muscles. That is the cultivation of Chi. Don't worry, Chi will never get stuck in you head.

Yes, some people do get sick but not all get sick from chi kung practice, only if there were illnesses inside the body.

Muscle tone is not the reason it builds up chi....if that were true weight lifting would cultivate chi.

The last time i practiced qigong was last Saturday and i have had a really bad flu like illness this week with a fever, severe diaareah and yesterday felt a little out of my mind....i could feel energy vibrating through my body everywhere....i had a good 2 hour thai massage before the illness began....my theory is my chi was stuck or was breaking through somewhere in my body and the massage helped release a lot of it and it caused this healing crisis....or mayb e its just the flu...but yesterday along with my flu sysmptoms i felt the same feeling throughout my boday that i experience during a strong qigong session at times...when will my healing crisis stop?