kentucker4

Qigong...demonic related?

Please don't take offense to my concerns. I have been doing qigong as part of kungfu practice for about 2-3 months. Before i did this, i had a clear head but minor sleep trouble.....however, lately i have felt huge feelings of lust and have even went on drinking binges to nightclubs looking for random sex and have just felt dirty lately in general and even cheated on my GF....also i stopped qigong for the last week and a half because i was feeling high and disconected after practice in a very bad way......even though my sleep has improved...probably from just breathing deeper now than anything else. I am very very suspicious of Qigong's true nature now. Why would something supposedly so pure bring out these incredible feelings of lust and frustration that i didn't have at all before practicing it?

I did some searching on the web and came across this link. He is a hardcore christian but presents an interesting challenge to qigong based on his expereince and a few deviations and a few people who do it also chime in with their expereinces.....what do you guys think??? I am very scared to continue my qigong practice but realie its great potential for health benefits.....however, i don't care for being closer to the universe and such i just want to be a normal mentally and physically healthy person. And i know alot of you will probably bash the overly religous side of this blog.....based on my limited experience there seems to be a potential darkness associated with qigong.

http://dontaskthatinchurch.blogspot.com/2010/09/qigong-good-bad-or-ugly.html

Edited by kentucker4
  • Like 1

Please don't take offense to my concerns. I have been doing qigong as part of kungfu practice for about 2-3 months. Before i did this, i had a clear head but minor sleep trouble.....however, lately i have felt huge feelings of lust and have even went on drinking binges to nightclubs looking for random sex and have just felt dirty lately in general and even cheated on my GF....also i stopped qigong for the last week and a half because i was feeling high and disconected after practice in a very bad way......even though my sleep has improved...probably from just breathing deeper now than anything else. I am very very suspicious of Qigong's true nature now. Why would something supposedly so pure bring out these incredible feelings of lust and frustration that i didn't have at all before practicing it?

I did some searching on the web and came across this link. He is a hardcore christian but presents an interesting challenge to qigong based on his expereince and a few deviations and a few people who do it also chime in with their expereinces.....what do you guys think??? I am very scared to continue my qigong practice but realie its great potential for health benefits.....however, i don't care for being closer to the universe and such i just want to be a normal mentally and physically healthy person. And i know alot of you will probably bash the overly religous side of this blog.....based on my limited experience there seems to be a potential darkness associated with qigong.

No darkness in Qigong itself. It can bring some of your own darkness into light though. Now I could be wrong and you could be practicing some forceful whacked-out satanic system.. Probably not.

You never mentioned a teacher? It's possible you are doing something wrong but also possible that your practice is opening your knots up too quickly for your comfort. Either way, and this applies to anyone with problems they connect with Qigong..

Best you find a teacher.

Edited by Sonhoffman
  • Like 1

A few thoughts come to me:

1. You don't understand Qigong, the universe and yourself.

2. It is not about religion (blog) nor psychology (normal mentally and physically healthy person). It is about something else.

3. You don't have a teacher/master directing or guiding you

4. You may of opened some emotional or energy blockages

5. If your now scared, your mind is messing up your energy and emotions; possibly doing further damage.

Get with a proper teacher/master and follow a proper progression of practices.

There are many which are very low key and don't really need too much guidance but your already into something more.

Maybe you can share what you do as a practice or exercise.

BTW: Forget other blogs... find a group to discuss it with. I think your in the right company for that.

• Like 4

The chinese have a saying " Bring on the fire, enter the demon"! This has happened to a few people I know, one was possessed through Qi Kung and his friend had the spirit or demon following and attaching to him. They were both greek orthodox!

• Like 1

Sounds as if it would be helpful to have a teacher whom you could discuss with your practise and its effects in a friendly and open way .

As well as deeper studying of some psychology and spiritual texts and trying to put some stuff that resonates with you in practise.

Research and take your time to decide how much you are prepared/interested to face and understand and draw the limits whereteher to practise or not.

In the begging of such spirutal practise a lot of personal nastiness may start to surface and it is important to understand what is what and why clearly.

Edited by suninmyeyes

I have a teacher.....he is a kungfu instructor....we practice a very simple form of qigong which he also teaches to kids. He tells me that if i feel bad then do just do it more and more until i feel good because the chi will readjust my body.

my forms are like this.....one form i imagine a pulley system connected to my dantien and my breathing...i make a circle in from of my stomach with my arms pals up and raise them up to my face or haed as breathing in and lower them while breathing out.......then the next one i do the same and then raise them above my head in the ir whiloe breathing out and then lowering them while breathing in and then lowering them more while breathing out......nothing fance...just beginning stuff...however, i guess i am really sensitive to it because i feel huge amounts of energy when doing this going up through me and my body even trembles a little when doing the last one above my head...it feels great when i am doing it but then i feel all messed up the next few days and stuff...i dunno, but i realie that qigong is powerful stuff one way or the other...i might just stop it and put my faith in god...i just have too much to risk with my family and all.....i can't risk becoming an evil person...

Qi Gong is a category of exercises that adds more energy to your body and self

It's like as if your body is a bottle and you fill it with water

You are going to eventually(or almost instantly) have more water in it then the bottle can fit and the energy will need to express itself until the bottle changes shape to fit in more water

It's an exercise just like lifting weights, you pick up heavy stuff until it stops being heavy for you

It's not a pleasant thing to do, it's painful burning crushing and it stays that way until you get used to it

Your body will express itself more until you use your mind to take control of it again

Stuff gets out of control if you take big steps without a real reason to do them, for martial arts people would gather a lot of power in the past because they will need it to find a way to save their life, now you're safe and your body uses it for random stuff

'Qigong' covers many different types of practices. There is not one qigong. There can be huge differences between different practices. What exactly a person is practicing and how they practice, and where a given person is physically, emotionally, mentally, spiritually, etc, are all factors. In general however some practices are good and some practices are not. The point being you can no more generalize about qigong than you can generalize about 'religion' or 'spiritual cultivation', or 'martial arts', etc. There is a lot of varied practices and traditions that fall under the category of qigong, and some practices are very definitely questionable or potentially harmful while others are very safe for pretty well anyone to practice. Again, there are also other factors such as how a person practices and where each individual is personally. Many factors to be considered... :)

...i can't risk becoming an evil person...

Some types of qigong practices can certainly stimulate one at a sexual, emotional, or mental level, and if a person is not in a good space to be able to constructively handle and assimilate that energy and stimulation, it can potentially lead to imbalances. As I mentioned previously, there can be many factors however, both external and personal. The bottom line is if something is having a negative effect on you, and if you have concerns, and your teacher can't resolve those concerns for you satisfactoraly, then it might not be a bad idea at all to stop what you are practicing. That particular practice may not be right for you, at least not at the current time anyway. Stick with what you find is positive for you and avoid that which is not. Something else to consider, one man's demon may be another man's lack of self control, but there is no question that we can all encounter harmful external influences of one sort or another from time to time. Use your best judgement, but regardless, don't cheat on your girlfriend. There's no excuse for that. Not even a demon. The issues may be closer to home than you might think. Something to consider, since you asked...

• Like 3

Some types of qigong practices can certainly stimulate one at a sexual, emotional, or mental level, and if a person is not in a good space to be able to constructively handle and assimilate that energy and stimulation, it can potentially lead to imbalances. As I mentioned previously, there can be many factors however, both external and personal. The bottom line is if something is having a negative effect on you, and if you have concerns, and your teacher can't resolve those concerns for you satisfactoraly, then it might not be a bad idea at all to stop what you are practicing. That particular practice may not be right for you, at least not at the current time anyway. Stick with what you find is positive for you and avoid that which is not. Something else to consider, one man's demon may be another man's lack of self control, but there is no question that we can all encounter harmful external influences of one sort or another from time to time. Use your best judgement, but regardless, don't cheat on your girlfriend. There's no excuse for that. Not even a demon. The issues may be closer to home than you might think. Something to consider, since you asked...

++ well said ++

++ well said ++

I'm not using anything as an excuse......but its hard to ignore the fact that I had zero feelings in this area before qigong....my main concern is where is the chi energy coming from....is it from dark entities??? I have noticed a trend that most practitioners only believe in themselves and the universe...and many end up hermits at the advanced levels...isn't this a form of selfishness? I came across a website called China for Jesus...its written by a guy who reached advanced levels in 4 years or so and how his life and temperment took a turn for the worst....and how believing in Christ saved him...and he said at the beginning of his practice any negative experiences his instructors would say that is the chi cleaning your system or doing its job you have to bear this to really experience the later bliss or benefits...it strikes a chord because I have been told the same thing by my instructor and others...my question to anyone reading this have you ever had doubts about it? Do you feel like you are becoming a better and mote compassionate person or more ego driven?

O3mps.png

Take heed of this! It makes sense to me.

I truly belive qigong and baguazhang were major contributors for a positive change in my life. If you do truly feel "evil" feelings from it, perhaps your mind is not empty? I have never heard of this, but pay attention to all replies, here, you will find some gold, no doubt

• Like 1

Chi is the energy that powers intention, some people call it life energy or something but calling it life energy just makes people assume things and I don't like that

Even a rock has chi, it's not alive and not moving but it has energy... to be a rock

If you somehow had evil energy then you would be evil but you don't know what evil energy is like and what rock energy is like

Energy has a natural way it travels and transforms, when unattended it will follow the nature's course and change like the river flows

I said it will leak like water if you have a lot of it in your bottle, it will have to express itself without your knowing

You might not want to do something or feel like it but you still have energy to do it and it's more powerful then you, that's why you will have to become stronger yourself

If you don't become strong then that energy might as well be evil, but it's not evil because you got it from an evil source but because you made it evil and made it easy for... whoever is out there to use

It's just energy and it doesn't do anything, until you decide to use it

I'm not using anything as an excuse......but its hard to ignore the fact that I had zero feelings in this area before qigong....my main concern is where is the chi energy coming from....is it from dark entities??? I have noticed a trend that most practitioners only believe in themselves and the universe...and many end up hermits at the advanced levels...isn't this a form of selfishness? I came across a website called China for Jesus...its written by a guy who reached advanced levels in 4 years or so and how his life and temperment took a turn for the worst....and how believing in Christ saved him...and he said at the beginning of his practice any negative experiences his instructors would say that is the chi cleaning your system or doing its job you have to bear this to really experience the later bliss or benefits...it strikes a chord because I have been told the same thing by my instructor and others...my question to anyone reading this have you ever had doubts about it? Do you feel like you are becoming a better and mote compassionate person or more ego driven?

The ego is a tricky thing so I try not to think about it too much. I MAY have developed as a person during my few years of practice but there's no way to prove it (can't live same life again without it). Everything does seem to flow with less effort these days but it could also be something that comes with age. I did release lots of anger when I started more serious cultivation but I did my best not to project it on people.

The amazing thing about (some forms of) Qigong is that you can actually learn to help and even heal people through external Qi projection. I have lots of personal experience of this. Now whatever your motive may be to relieve suffering of yourself and other sentient beings, if it works then I'm for it.

If a person first conquers his or her fears, then any undertaking will be blessed and protected from any harmful forces.

Most people do it ignoring the appropriate steps -- they undertake any and all practices in the hope of conquering the denizens of their deep mind, which in all likelihood will create various pockets in the psyche, and in these pockets some positive, some negative, and some neutral influences will each take turns to 'mould' the person, and the person will have to grapple, often in a confused state, with these diverse emergences of various forces, each in their own time, that is driven by one's past karma.

When the self is understood it follows that all fears will be quelled, just like when one knows the nature of fire completely, there will no longer be associated mishaps.

By dispelling the causes of hope and fear, one can embark on any road and no enemy will be found... no obstacle will be insurmountable.

I tend to agree with your teacher, just keep practicing and push through all the garbage. Qi gong and meditation when we first practice can bring up a lot nasty emotions. These emotions usually don't come from the Chi Kung but are simply part of your own purification process.

Generally speaking people have to go through this, there is only so much a teacher can do, he usually can give you simple guidance on what you personally can do in order to work through the process and that's it.

However, a very powerful tool that you or anyone can use in this situation is prayer. I don't know if you are part of any religion...but it doesn't really matter. IMO sincerity is most important in prayer, use whatever works for you, whether its Jesus, Shiva, Allah......etc

Say a prayer to your teachers, guides, God or Gods that they may help guide you through this difficult time and provide you with the love and wisdom needed in order to pass by these obstacles.

-My 2 cents, Peace

Talk with Ya mu if you feel concerned about these things. He is an extremely high level master in the US, and can do healings around entity issues.

But none of us really know about the qigong your practicing, but in general continue and it should clear out.

I've had rashes pop up after serious qigong practice, and seem to travel around my body. Like if I layed down it would be all over my body, but standing up it would pool in my hands and feet. Eventually cleared itself out, but docs had no idea what it was.

John

• Like 2

Simple solution, stop the gigong. As people have pointed out qigong can give you more energy and sometimes a quiet mind reveals levels of thoughts that are usually too quiet to notice.

Personally I think most demons are of our own making. More energy, more hormones = more horny, and its subconsciously processed as demons, maybe. Lots of types of meditation, find one that fits.

• Like 2

I've never heard of hormones being considered demonic before this post +1 for originality.

• Like 1

I have a teacher.....he is a kungfu instructor....we practice a very simple form of qigong which he also teaches to kids. He tells me that if i feel bad then do just do it more and more until i feel good because the chi will readjust my body.

Your teacher already had given you the answer. What else are you asking for...??? I saw few posts of yours asking about the same thing over and over. You are just not so sure how to put things together. What you need to do is to have faith in yourself and keep thinking positively. Avoid reading any biased religious materials which might be misleading you to evade from the truth.

• Like 1

Does your qigong practice incude a purification element to it - like healing sounds and inner smile? If not it might be that all the energy you're taking in is fuelling latent negative patterns.

Does your qigong practice incude a purification element to it - like healing sounds and inner smile? If not it might be that all the energy you're taking in is fuelling latent negative patterns.

Salient point. Those practises are great for cooling, clearing and setting positive virtues as the focus.

... purification itself is more often than not a rocky road in itself. One finds oneself amplified. it can be rocky internally, or, if one acts out the inner amplifications, rocky externally. ie easy to be argumentative, volatile, and of course just generally 'charged up'.

This is where it is useful to know about alchemy, about sealing the vessel, about not dispersing the fires that burn. Otherwise one will not cook/transform.

you've seen star wars right? when luke is on dagoba and goes to the dark place - he asks what's in there - yoda tells him "only what you take with you."

whether there really are demons or its just your imagination, what is important is how you treat it. you are more powerful than both, and only are able to drive you to deviation if you accept the premise and go forth with deviation.

Edited by joeblast
  • Like 4