dwai

No Bamboo staying, no flute playing

http://www.medhajournal.com/articles/philosophy/697-no-bamboo-staying-no-flute-playing.html

Mogambo likes to do Yoga and reads and mentally chews on the Sutras of Patanjali. Yoga he can understand, but the biggest challenge to Mogambo's little brain is the existence of religion.

Is religion not an unneccesary burden on human civilisations? If one studies history as mogambo has done, then one will see that allmost all problems of the world are caused by religion.

So mogambo asks all Medhavis this question

WHY NOT DESTROY ALL RELIGIONS.

like the old hindi saying says

"na rahe ga baans na bajegi bansuri"

or in english

"No bamboo staying, no fluting playing"

Mogambo, in his various reading adventures and in course of yoga practice realised that Utimate Truth can be reached only when seeker leaves religion behind. Religion causes trouble and road blocks on the smooth highway to nirvana. So, stop all religious activities today and start doing yoga. Does not matter if you do hindu yoga, christian yoga or muslim yoga, but do yoga. Yoga is the only solution to all problems in this world.

Mogambo read many articles on medha journal where there are so many smart people talking about religion like it is good thing. why? mogambo cannot understand this. Smart people should see problem with religion and drop it to do true spiritual practice.

Mogambo saw friend MahaManas talk about MahaVaad. Is this also not a religion? As soon as you put structure around any kind of spiritual practice, it becomes religion, sooner or later. So no structure, no organisation, only spirituality.

---

Mogambo Kush Huwa

A lot of concept in that small paragraph.

Seems to me that atheism is so very close to enlightenment. If we look at atheism as being the same as transcending all structure, then it would hold that a state of atheism must first be realized before we can truly see. Or hear. If we're still caught up in structure of any kind mentally, then our vision is hampered; our thoughts are preconceived and we'll reject any thoughts that don't coincide with our preconceptions.

The Room Where All Paths Meet.

All of It and None of It, at the same time.

My personal view is that to go from atheism to enlightenment, all that is needed is inner work (to rid oneself of fixated ego and to question one's own motives daily) so that the vision is truly clear. Inner work combined with agape or unconditional Love toward all others, realizing that 'we are that other person' and there really is no separation at all. In order to get to the point of true agape love, again it takes inner work to remove our selfishnesses.

And then, my guess is that it's still a lifetime process, even after that achievement. Our human personalities still remain with us, and it's the Catch-22 that we seem to have been born into. Or, more accurately...manifested.

Edited by manitou

A lot of concept in that small paragraph.

Seems to me that atheism is so very close to enlightenment. If we look at atheism as being the same as transcending all structure, then it would hold that a state of atheism must first be realized before we can truly see. Or hear. If we're still caught up in structure of any kind mentally, then our vision is hampered; our thoughts are preconceived and we'll reject any thoughts that don't coincide with our preconceptions.

The Room Where All Paths Meet.

All of It and None of It, at the same time.

My personal view is that to go from atheism to enlightenment, all that is needed is inner work (to rid oneself of fixated ego and to question one's own motives daily) so that the vision is truly clear. Inner work combined with agape or unconditional Love toward all others, realizing that 'we are that other person' and there really is no separation at all. In order to get to the point of true agape love, again it takes inner work to remove our selfishnesses.

And then, my guess is that it's still a lifetime process, even after that achievement. Our human personalities still remain with us, and it's the Catch-22 that we seem to have been born into. Or, more accurately...manifested.

Hi Manitou,

The important thing was the discussion that accompanied the article. Good efforts from both sides of the debate...

True religion follows Spirit, for instance and as alluded to in the TTC with, "earth follows heaven".

Birds are very "religious", they sing to the sun every morning without hesitation. (thus without twisting and turning on skewers of stiflingly convoluted debates about the pros and cons or reality of singing with the Spirit... or those that sing an unsinging.

• Like 3

True religion follows Spirit, for instance and as alluded to in the TTC with, "earth follows heaven".

That was pretty slick. Hehehe.

Birds are very "religious", they sing to the sun every morning without hesitation. (thus without twisting and turning on skewers of stiflingly convoluted debates about the pros and cons or reality of singing with the Spirit... or those that sing an unsinging.

You're such a shamanic little puppy.... :P

(thus without twisting and turning on skewers of stiflingly convoluted debates about the pros and cons or reality of singing with the Spirit... or those that sing an unsinging.

On second thought, where's the fun without the stifingly convoluted debates? Jeez, Bob.

Edited by manitou

Indeed...but for those who have doubts in their minds and hearts (or confused beings like Sam Harris), its good to read these discussions...sometimes helps people see the "light" (or darkness thereof).

:)

On second thought, where's the fun without the stifingly convoluted debates? Jeez, Bob.

<chortle>

:D

true in a way although I wouldn't say "fun" as seen in a free-flowing, dancing type way...

http://www.medhajour...te-playing.html

[/size][/font][/color]

Hello Dwai,

I wanted to thank you for the post, I liked it very much. I think it speaks volumes about the differences between spirituality and religion. Someone once told me that in order to embrace their spirituality one must first embrace their suffering. It is not just coincidence that the first thing one must overcome in order to begin opening their chakras is their own grief, so too must one understand the nature of their suffering in order to truly realize the spiritual nature of existence, for it is within suffering that we find the greatest obstacle to our own connection to all things.

Suffering is an isolated experience for many. It is also the reason so many religions exist on the face of the earth, for they all promise an end to suffering, whether in this lifetime or the next. It is when one has suffered so much that they choose to end that suffering now, to look beyond the rote and texts and instead investigate within themselves the nature of who they are that they can begin to leave this self imposed isolation and understand that what is within is without and what is without is within, that beyond emptiness is substance and within that substance is emptiness, that neither can exist without each other. It is then that suffering can be eliminated in one's life, not by ceasing to suffer, but understanding the nature of suffering and accepting it. I don't think one can realize this if they confine themselves to text. Be done with knowledge, let the world be your teacher.

Aaron

• Like 1

Be done with knowledge, let the world be your teacher.

Aaron

Huzzah! Does it get better than this?

• Like 1