mike 134

Need serious help please, kundalini problems

I'm curious if anyone try vibrating instead of shaking?

It is similar to shaking but much faster and finer motions.

To begin I press the palms together in front of my chest and in front of the heart center, then I clasp my finger around my hand and press with both left and right hands towards each other. If you do it the vibrations will travel through the house of structure you are in as well as you even if you are sitting.

I consider it to be advanced from shaking, everyone can pretty much do shaking but vibrating is much more challenging (imo)

I am a big fan of this as well, although I have always thought of it as a subtle form of shaking. I am still a fan of the wilder shaking, especially for new students who often have expression issues and blocked in emotions, but in sessions i regularly prompt students to see how subtle they can get, and when I see a student go almost imperceptibly vibrating, into those more ecstatic 'tremors' i know good things are happening for them.

I also dont try to do the more intense subtle shaking for too long as I become ecstatically dysfunctional.

But I can carry myself around in a very mild inner pulsing/swaying/tremoring state which I can maintained indefinitely. That is blissful as well, but not like the vibrating you are referring too, [as long as I am understanding correctly what you mean when you describe it].

I'm curious who taught you to vibrate? I found it 13 years ago, and have never heard anyone speak of it before. Yes it led to much more, including increased chi flows. (When I first heard of shaking I found it worthless in comparison)

As far as I know this is the first time this sort of vibrating has been brought up in regards to practice, here or anywhere else. If you learn exclusively from instructors and masters, which one showed you and where is it written?

No one taught me. It was a manifestation of my spontaneous kundalini awakening years ago. It is a by product of the process. In my conversations with other spontaneous awakeners this is not uncommon. It starts from within without having to do any external physical motions or processes to initiate it.

There was a period of my life it was so strong before I learned to modulate it that it used to cause the saliva in my throat to fizz and hiss. I also had a couple of fillings become loose and one fell out as it hummed up my spine into my body and head. It is a very, very fine humming vibration.

Like Seth, if I enlarge it I can seriously become dysfunctional due to the enormous amounts of bliss running through my body.

My students will sometimes point out to me this almost imperceptible swaying or rocking I do all the time. It is not under the control of the mind. It is a natural state of the mature kundalini practitioner. As I mentioned befoe, touching me some people describe the subtle feeling of fountains of champagne bubbles rising up out of my skin. I believe this is the side effect of this fine, discreet vibration.

I wanted to add that to watch me there is an almost imperceptible pattern to see of moving. My head sometimes moves back and forth, Santi calls it the kundalini "yes and noes." There are spiral movements of energy in my head at all times. When the energy is really flowing my head movement becomes more pronounced.

There are spiral patterns of movement in my body all the time. There are spirial/circles within spiral circles/patterns. There may be more than figure eight loops. Sometimes the energy has three loops to it. They interact with each other, they nest within each other. They manifest in all directional planes in my body. There is spiraling, circling (orbiting) motion happening at the cell level as well as largley in all four directions in a 2d and 3d plane. These orbits connect with plants, persons, things, planets, etc.

Edited by ShaktiMama

"My overall theory: The Kundalini is describable and repeatable. My scholarship has taught me that Kundalini is the most powerful accumulation of latent energy potential in the human body. It has played an integral part in religious mythology, yet after watching hundreds go through the Full Process, I feel its 'Awakening' is more of a biological process than a religious one. It can be experienced by any one of significant will and intelligence to do the work."- Dr. Glenn Morris

• Like 1

There are spiral patterns of movement in my body all the time. There are spirial/circles within spiral circles/patterns. There may be more than figure eight loops. Sometimes the energy has three loops to it. They interact with each other, they nest within each other. They manifest in all directional planes in my body. There is spiraling, circling (orbiting) motion happening at the cell level as well as largley in all four directions in a 2d and 3d plane. These orbits connect with plants, persons, things, planets, etc.

As you have pointed out, the vibrations are the "noticing" of the energy flows that connect everything. As "obstructions" are removed the energy flows more freely and the vibrations become more smooth.

Have you ever "followed" the flows and "connected" with "plants, persons, things, planets, etc"?

:)

I am a big fan of this as well, although I have always thought of it as a subtle form of shaking. I am still a fan of the wilder shaking, especially for new students who often have expression issues and blocked in emotions, but in sessions i regularly prompt students to see how subtle they can get, and when I see a student go almost imperceptibly vibrating, into those more ecstatic 'tremors' i know good things are happening for them.

I also dont try to do the more intense subtle shaking for too long as I become ecstatically dysfunctional.

But I can carry myself around in a very mild inner pulsing/swaying/tremoring state which I can maintained indefinitely. That is blissful as well, but not like the vibrating you are referring too, [as long as I am understanding correctly what you mean when you describe it].

" ecstatically dysfunctional."

I found this really important. Thanks Seth and Susan for your great replies!

At the moment I am just an Apple iDunno.

You could measure the effect but then they would dispute the mechanism by which that effect is caused I suppose.

Isn't that kind of fun! We could dispute electricity:-)

"My overall theory: The Kundalini is describable and repeatable. My scholarship has taught me that Kundalini is the most powerful accumulation of latent energy potential in the human body. It has played an integral part in religious mythology, yet after watching hundreds go through the Full Process, I feel its 'Awakening' is more of a biological process than a religious one. It can be experienced by any one of significant will and intelligence to do the work."- Dr. Glenn Morris

True. But it is explored methodically in hindu, buddhist and daoist context. Decoupling it from the safety net of these systems is detrimentall, imho and does the world a disservice.

I feel that the discombobulated western way is why these kundalini psychoses emerge. I know people who have had perfectly normal awakenings as part of their practice without any of the scary side-effects. They did it by following guidelines set forth by the sages through the ages.

To elaborate, the mind-body discord so prevalent in the west is what i mean by "discombobulated"...it is perfectly reaonable to expect a safe awakening by following the adhtanga path with certain pranayams. When i started with my teacher first, he had me purify my central channel with some physical kriyas, asanas to fortify the nAdis and then pranayam which immediately started raising the energy through the sushumna.,,slowly but steadily...no psychoses etc. it was mediration that caused inner demons to become unveiled.

• Like 1

First, nothing but respect for ShaktiMama; her experience and sharing. I've found shaking runs through many systems. In Ki Aikido we'd shake vigorously, with small motion. In Kap it was much bigger moving the whole body up and down. Healing Tao has some shaking warm ups. In Kunlun you hold a static position and it causes various shaking. In Stillness Movement meditation there is a rocking when doing sitting meditation. You go to a orthodox shul and see people standing and praying with a similar rocking motion. There's a sect of Christianity literally called Shakers.

When things are that cross cultural, there is usual some gold there.

Like to mention Dr. John Upledger, fine interview that outlines his basic understanding and approach to healing here. In the instance of traumatic injury, Upledger teaches that the body sometimes has to be repositioned to allow the force that has entered the body to exit by the path it came in on. He teaches that traumatic injury can cause an energy cyst to form, which is the body's way of containing the force of the injury, and that the release of the energy can require the patient to resume a posture similar to that in which they were injured. If I'm remembering correctly!

Prayer and practice postures around the world are a fascinating subject to me; many of them seem to involve the knees directly or indirectly. There's prayer on the knees, meditation in the lotus, the sufi zikir practice that involves bowing the body and straightening the knees, straightening the body and bending the knees, martial arts standing postures with the knees bent.

Occurs to me just now that the idea in some of this may be to accent the motion of the sartorious muscles on the pelvis by fixing the position of the knees and lower legs. I've been working in the past week with the relationship between the action of sartorious at the pelvis generated in the lotus, the action in the obturators as the length of the spine and balance of the head work the hips, and the action in the piriformis as the obturators extend the hips (which action in the piriformis causes the sacrum to pivot on the vertical axis opposite to the rotation of the pelvis).

A practice I return to frequently is observing motion in three planes associated with my sense of location in space, observing motion associated with my sense of "where" as consciousness takes place. I read some advice from a Zen teacher last week that included placing the mind in the palm of the left hand, with the hands in the mudra; I prefer to free the place of occurrence of mind as though I were about to fall asleep, and to observe the relationship of the position of my hands, my elbows, and my shoulders with the pitch, yaw, and roll present in consciousness. The space in the armpits can be found with the roll at the location of consciousness, that's my experience, and similarly the angle of the elbows with the yaw and the proximity of the little fingers to the abdomen with the pitch.

Real prayer practices involve the induction of a hypnogogic state, between waking and sleeping. The recollection of a prior relationship between the place of occurrence of consciousness and an ability to feel can be a part of that; the word "zikir" I believe translates literally as "remembrance".

Edited by Mark Foote

This quote is from an article that Glenn wrote on our old website: probably circa 2004

The Grandmaster's Story

By: Qigong Grandmaster Glenn Morris Ph.D.

The story I would like to share is about the Kundalini Awakening I experienced in the summer of 1985. I had the entire summer off from teaching and decided I was going to deeply explore some Internal Qigong practices I had known for many years. I sat on my porch and practiced intensely in Meditation running energy along my Meridians for goals I wanted to attain in the martial arts. I was utilizing the Chinese system of acupuncture points and the Hindu chakra system. I also utilized classical Taoist breathing methods and addressed the Chakras individually. I practiced everyday for about six hours due to having so much free time that summer.

After 45 days of practice I was having visions of Shiva and Kali, the legendary Hindu Gods. Later on I further experienced visual and auditory hallucinations as well as super human strength (breaking door handles from turning them too hard) , reversal of life long arthritis, occasional bouts of telepathy and other forms of unexplainable knowing. These experiences worked up to a peak one early morning when I saw a golden brown colored viper begin to slowly uncurl from my sacrum. As if it had a mind of its own, the serpent shot its way up through my spinal column in what felt like an eruption of FIRE. It culminated with a tremendous explosion of energy in my head and I was then thoroughly 'fried'. For the next few months, when I closed my eyes there was a constant barrage of lights.

I later discovered that this was a Permanent Kundalini Awakening, and that is why it never went away even when I didn't practice for weeks. That energy had been released and there was no going back. I was forced to learn to live in harmony with it. After my body had fully rejuvenated and adapted to the increased voltage, I began to wonder why the 'Kundalini' experience was shrouded in myth and why I could not find a single person who had been through it themselves. I read countless books authored by people claiming to understand the Kundalini Experience and I came up empty handed. The only books I found by someone who really understood were written by Gopi Krishna and even with the help of his personal experiences, I did not fully understand what had happened to me. My only certainty was that it was a giant spiritual/biological evolutionary leap.

After spending even more time with several Kundalini Yoga experts, not only did I come up empty handed again with no answers, but I found out that this process is "supposed to" take 20 -30 years of disciplined practice. Maybe that would explain why I could not find anyone who had done it. That is a long time for someone to persevere. Granted I was practicing a lot, but that did not explain why it happened within 45 days. I wanted to understand this process. I became fixated on testing and understanding. So I did what any respectable teacher would have done - I used my students as guinea pigs!!

When the same methods I used were employed by my students, they had very similar results of "Kundalini Awakening" in anywhere from 2 months to 18 months time. I watched as one after another went through the process. No one had any of the problems often written about in the 'myths' of Kundalini. We were continually amazed at the 'Universality' of the process. Later we learned that Qigong provided certain safeguards that were keeping the process safe and efficient. It was a very experimental program in the beginning. As time progressed, I refined the system further to eliminate any unnecessary practices and honed in on what was actually producing the manifestation of Kundalini. It basically came down to opening the Base Chakra (Genitals) and then working up to the higher energy centers from there. Combine the chakra work with running energy along the spine & limbs, positive mind states, employing specific breathing methods, and practicing Testicular/ Ovarian Gong Fu and you have a complete composite of what I did and what I feel is the core essence of my practice. I honestly believe these to be the most potent Qigong practices in the world.

Later I wrote 3 widely available books on the subject matter and many foreign students were Emailing me from around the world reporting similar experiences from doing the practices. I decided to refine my life's work into a system we later called the "Kundalini Awakening Process" . With the help of my Deshi, Jeff Primack, I created a highly organized program with a comprehensive workbook and home practice CD. The workshop is taught in a weekend seminar format. The process is learned in 2 days and practiced at home along with the CD we provide you with.

The Level-1 Kundalini Awakening Process connects the sexual energy manufactured by the Genitals to the Master Glands of the Brain. If practiced for 30 minutes daily, using the Level-1 Home Practice CD, it will typically produce the Full Kundalini Awakening in around 6 to 18 months. Seasoned mediators and yoga practitioners will have much faster results sometimes within a few weeks, but really anyone can do this if they follow the instructions. The system is statistically proven to work and that's why it has a high success rate. Everything a person needs to attain the Full Kundalini Awakening is thoroughly gone over in the Level-1 training and it's all contained within the Training Manual and Home practice CD . See more about it in the 'Upcoming Events' page.

The Level-2 Testicular/Ovarian Gong Fu takes the Level-1 practices of opening the Root Chakra and connecting the meridians and further expounds upon them. "Male Deer" exercises for keeping sexual energy at its peak are employed in the program along with the "Female Deer" exercises, which are used to stop the menstruation process and the subsequent loss of vital energy that accompanies it. In Chinese lore the Female Deer exercises are called 'Slaying the Red Dragon' for obvious reasons. It is a very natural and powerful practice that works easily and once practice is stopped, normal menstrual periods will return immediately. It also is a great form of birth control that you can turn on and off. Both the Male and Female Deer exercises were kept highly secret by the ruling families of ancient China. The Female Deer exercises work by tricking the body into thinking its 'lactating'.

Taoist Sexual Qigong is also taught in Level -2 and can be practiced with or without a partner. These are the sexual practices of developing vital energy. Level -2 further activates the sexual energy of the Testicals/Ovaries, which has a direct impact on the Kundalini. A partner is not required, but it's more fun.

My overall theory: The Kundalini is describable and repeatable. My scholarship has taught me that Kundalini is the most powerful accumulation of latent energy potential in the human body. It has played an integral part in religious mythology, yet after watching hundreds go through the Full Process, I feel its 'Awakening' is more of a biological process than a religious one. It can be experienced by any one of significant will and intelligence to do the work.

About Dr. Morris

In 1985, Dr. Morris endured the greater kan and li of nei shen gung fu, sometimes referred to as Kundalini and in 1986 was made a member of the Chinese National Institute of Chi Kung. In 1990, he achieved the rank of godan and shidoshi in bujinkan budo taijutsu at the Atlanta Tai Kai. In 1991 he was given the rank of rokudan and title of oshihan in nihon karatejutsu. In 1992, Dr. Morris was inducted into the World Martial Arts Hall Of Fame. In 1989, he was recognized by the government of South Africa as a master instructor of martial arts by their Wu Shu Federation while he was putting on demonstrations in Johannesburg. Dr. Morris has trained in Japan with Dr. Masaaki Hatsumi.

In his own words, "Since I've studied a number of martial arts, traditional and modern, I tend to be eclectic in how I teach. One should be able to pick and choose in an art where they are comfortable. I see martial arts as both a philosophy of life as well as a collection of techniques for defending oneself. I include strategy, meditation, weapons, and viewpoint as well as energy channeling and the overt development of chi as part of the instruction in hoshinjutsu."

EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND

1991 Sc. D., Eurotechnical Research University. Statistical study on transpersonal and biological aspects of leadership based on godai and TCM. 1980 Ph. D., Wayne State University; Communication Rhetoric and Public Address, emphasis on organizational communication, industrial psychology and psychotherapy. 1973 M. A., Pennsylvania State University; Speech with emphasis in group dynamics and teacher training. 1968 B. A., Pennsylvania State University; General Arts and Science with emphasis in theatre and anthropology. 1985-1999 Continuing education courses for personal growth, professional seminars in humanistic psychology, bodywork, gestalt therapy, Rubenfeld Synergy, hypnotherapist certification, Chinese medicine, meditation and hypnosis, subtle energy medicine and NCTT. Achieved kudan and oshihan master level rankings in favored martial arts.

MARTIAL ARTS RANKS & TITLES

Present Soke (Head of Lineage) Hoshinroshiryu

Member World Head of Family Sokeship Council since 1992

Elected to Grandmaster of Year (Combat Arts) 1996

Elected to WHFSC Hall of Fame 1996, and Grandmaster of Year (Southwest Region)1997

2000 Soke of the Millenium

1999 Kudan (9th dan) Bujinkan Budo Taijutsu

1993 Hachidan (8th dan) Bujinkan Budo Taijutsu

1992 Hanshi European Samurai Jujitsu

1991 Oshihan (Major Master) Bunbu Ichi Zendo Budo Bugei Remmei

1991 Rokudan (6th dan) Nihon Karate Jujutsu

1990 Godan (5th dan) Bujinkan Budo Taijutsu (Togakure Ryu Ninpo) jiki-deshi of Masaaki Hatsumi-soke

1990 Kyoshi (knight) Yi Tsung Fighting Society

1985 Kundalini process began

1985 Sifu (teacher) Taotien Wei Shen Chi Kung

1965 Shodan (1st dan black belt) Nihon Karate Jujutsu

1955 First jujutsu lesson from cousin, Master Sergeant Bobby Briggs.

• Like 2

Later I wrote 3 widely available books on the subject matter and many foreign students were Emailing me from around the world reporting similar experiences from doing the practices.

:blink:

I seem to google and do not find any books under the name of yours and of the label.

Would be fun try it out.

:blink:

I seem to google and do not find any books under the name of yours and of the label.

Would be fun try it out.

Look under Glenn J. Morris's name. I didn't write them. They are from a different publishing house now. His wife took over the rights and she makes the decision on publications.

S

True. But it is explored methodically in hindu, buddhist and daoist context. Decoupling it from the safety net of these systems is detrimentall, imho and does the world a disservice.

I feel that the discombobulated western way is why these kundalini psychoses emerge. I know people who have had perfectly normal awakenings as part of their practice without any of the scary side-effects. They did it by following guidelines set forth by the sages through the ages.

To elaborate, the mind-body discord so prevalent in the west is what i mean by "discombobulated"...it is perfectly reaonable to expect a safe awakening by following the adhtanga path with certain pranayams. When i started with my teacher first, he had me purify my central channel with some physical kriyas, asanas to fortify the nAdis and then pranayam which immediately started raising the energy through the sushumna.,,slowly but steadily...no psychoses etc. it was mediration that caused inner demons to become unveiled.

True and psychosis is an over used word.It is not as prevalent as the internet will make you think The first physicians who talked about Kundalini psychosis were Dr. Gabriel Cousens when he worked with Dr. Stanislav Grof at a kundalini clinic in Northern CA for the Spiritual Emergence Network. Cousens has now retracted that statement in his most recent book.

It seems people think there are two extremes of process but it is two extremes. The wild, dramatic, painful is present as well as is smooth and quiet. No one thinks there is any experience in the middle zone. There are. It is really a continuum of experiences. I had wild, dramatic but not painful or even close to a neurotic personality disorder when mine awakened.

People are a bit proud of being a kundalini gone bad poster child but like a car wreck those attract a lot of attention but I think that is not representative of a bell curve.

I had done a lot of emotional body clearing prior to it awakening and that was probably a huge factor. K awakens spontaneously in a lot of people from trauma, drug abuse, PTSD, adrenaline surges, devotional practices, extreme happiness, extreme grief. These are the people I have most contact with.

Our programs too offer a relatively calm awakening as well. We teach people to thrive in their practice.

Major traditional spiritual cultures also have kundalini practices. The Bushmen use shaking and trance. Per Bradford Keeney, "there are no kundalini accidents in the Khalari." There is a high emphasis on community and shaking together. This, IMO, is very important. Support of a group is crucial.

Edited by ShaktiMama

I have also learned to recognise the importance of lineage.

As you have pointed out, the vibrations are the "noticing" of the energy flows that connect everything. As "obstructions" are removed the energy flows more freely and the vibrations become more smooth.

Have you ever "followed" the flows and "connected" with "plants, persons, things, planets, etc"?

All the time. :)

Thanks for posting the stuff about Dr. Glenn Morris, I think along the same lines, because within that premise is the motivation to uncover the truth of this phenomena. Belief aside. :)

Until you have actual objective evidence of connections and or transference, I would keep it to yourself in this regard, considering you do tend to agree with the doctor. It is only belief and superstitions being presented in that regard imho.

Who convinced you or told you there are these super-powers anyways? Is it someone you payed a bunch of money to? . . .

I think there is a world of differences between acknowledging that you think you might have some mystical powers and claiming that you actually do.

There is a world a difference between thinking you have mystical powers and actually having mystical powers.

Edited by Informer

Thanks for posting the stuff about Dr. Glenn Morris, I think along the same lines, because within that premise is the motivation to uncover the truth of this phenomena. Belief aside. :)

Until you have actual objective evidence of connections and or transference, I would keep it to yourself in this regard, considering you do tend to agree with the doctor. It is only belief and superstitions being presented in that regard imho.

Who convinced you or told you there are these super-powers anyways? Is it someone you payed a bunch of money to? . . .

I think there is a world of differences between acknowledging that you think you might have some mystical powers and claiming that you actually do.

There is a world a difference between thinking you have mystical powers and actually having mystical powers.

I am out of town on my iPhone . It just ate my first response. This will be brief. There are no superpowers. This is my life for the last 20 years or so. I am not unique. I get attacked and ridiculed for this. Glenn would say never tell people what happens. I do. I get attacked. I stop talking for awhile. Time goes by and I step out for awhile until I get attacked again. I teach less and less.

Seriously, dude?? It's starting to get a lil old, and nobody's claiming mystical powers.

• Like 8

Glenn would say never tell people what happens.

He was a smart man. Darwin didn't publish what is now known as the "Theory of Evolution by Natural Selection" until after 23 years of accumulating evidence and correlating facts.

Darwin waited almost 23 years before publishing his theory of evolution in his book, Origin of Species. His voyage on the Beagle ended when he returned to England in 1836. He had developed his theory of evolution by 1838, but it was after another 20 years, in 1858, that he publicly announced it. His complete book, Origin of Species, was published the next year.

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_long_did_Darwin_wait_before_publishing_his_theory_of_evolution

I was suprised to find that Doctor Glenn Morris wasn't a science major. He seemed to have a good scientific look at the phenomena regardless.

1980 Ph. D., Wayne State University; Communication Rhetoric and Public Address, emphasis on organizational communication, industrial psychology and psychotherapy.

1973 M. A., Pennsylvania State University; Speech with emphasis in group dynamics and teacher training.

1968 B. A., Pennsylvania State University; General Arts and Science with emphasis in theatre and anthropology.

http://www.umaatantra.com/glenn_morris.html

Edited by Informer

I have also learned to recognise the importance of lineage.

Lineage is huge. Recently I had decided to teach some ancient old school processes at the request of an advanced student. I was going to be in his part of the country so I sent the materials so he could download. He told me later that he reviewed on his own but felt ... Meh...this is nothing special. Then at our actual one on one he started to tear up and said I had no idea this was possible when it comes through a lineage. It comes alive.

I am out of town on my iPhone . It just ate my first response. This will be brief. There are no superpowers. This is my life for the last 20 years or so. I am not unique. I get attacked and ridiculed for this. Glenn would say never tell people what happens. I do. I get attacked. I stop talking for awhile. Time goes by and I step out for awhile until I get attacked again. I teach less and less.

For what it is worth, my experiences in the last few years have been very similar to what ShaktiMama has described. As one removes obstructions and grows in sensitivity of the energy flows, you can feel the flows connecting everything. Feeling those flows, one can connect and even "merge".

If you would like to learn more about it, the ancient writings of Naropa describe it.

• Like 2

"Do not give what is holy to dogs, and do not throw your pearls before swine, or they will trample them under their feet, and turn and tear you to pieces." Mathew 7:6

-My 2 cents, Peace

I was very impressed with Dr. Morris's approach, in that he felt even teachers with many years of experience were not teaching the method he had stumbled onto, and he went with his own experience and taught from that regardless of any lineage teaching.

I've shared the videos of Shi DeLon's students wtih friends of mine, and they sent me back this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWfLdYIpARQ

Right away I conclude that what's at play here has nothing to do with a particular training, and everything to do with the healer's ability to induce a trance-like state in the subject. This doesn't mean that the Christian healers are not talented individuals who have learned to channel some of the same energies, but only that the description of the mechanism of healing is not entirely objective in any of these traditions yet.

I guess that means the choices are to find a teacher and learn the art intuitively through guided practice, or strike out on one's own using whatever resources one can, as Dr. Morris did. Taking the self-guided approach, a person can attempt to discover a more objective description through trial and error, using oneself as the subject. Sort of like this:

Or Neil Young's 'Sedan Delivery':

"I'm making another delivery

Of chemicals and sacred roots

I'll hold what you have to give me

But I'll use what I have to use.

The lasers are in the lab

The old man

is dressed in white clothes

Everybody says he's mad

No one knows

the things that he knows."

For what it is worth, my experiences in the last few years have been very similar to what ShaktiMama has described. As one removes obstructions and grows in sensitivity of the energy flows, you can feel the flows connecting everything. Feeling those flows, one can connect and even "merge".

If you would like to learn more about it, the ancient writings of Naropa describe it.

I would be interested.

I guess that means the choices are to find a teacher and learn the art intuitively through guided practice, or strike out on one's own using whatever resources one can, as Dr. Morris did. Taking the self-guided approach, a person can attempt to discover a more objective description through trial and error, using oneself as the subject.

Did you write that Mark? I like.