Yoda

Hormesis

I just learned a new word!

Interesting thread regarding imposing small levels of stress upon the body:

http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1030

i've been practicing daoyin for 1-2 hours a say for about 7 months.

i've been taught about 30 forms, none of which are on chias dvd.

my understanding is that, during the pause after the exhale, the body is placed under a mild stress. this mild stress triggers the generation og endogenous nitric oxde. (this is diferent exogenoud nitric oxide which can be dangerous) the pause can be as long or short as one wants, but over time, they can ggrow to become quite long.

endogenous nitric oxide dilates the vessels and capillaries, and increases oxygen absorbtion. this when combined with stretches for each particular daoyin gong, opens the meridians and crates nice qi and blood flow.

this seems similar to what they were talking about in the link that you posted Yoda.

(to me, dao yin, when taught by a good master, is invaluable and generally underated in it's efficacy for opening channels and getting qi to move)

Hormesis has a lot to do with the principle of the smallest dose and applying this usually highly dilute dose homeopathically on the basis of the law of similars. This can also apply to "physical homeopathy," as in using the breath, or heat, etc., not only the commonly known method of ingesting remedies. Might want to check it out in that context, also the Arndt-Shutze law (hope I spelled that right!)