Sign in to follow this  
Astralogic

Chu Nei Kung DVD: Opinions?

Hello, I recently bought the Chu Nei Kung DVD and after seeing the first exercise I need to ask for opinions on it.

I know absolutely nothing about this, so I can only ask those who know.

His first exercise looks exactly like the three circle stance / wu chi position except the back is bent, and looks like you're curling forward a little (concave as he says).

I want to know if this is a different stance? OR is he attempting to do three circle and getting it wrong (I'm paranoid about "masters" not doing their practice correctly, ie their master wasn't really a master at all.)

Any insight would be much appreciated,

Thanks

Edited by Astralogic

I've his neikung and qigong books. Master Chu knows exactly what he is doing and why he is doing it. The exercises are directly related to a specific line of Yang taijiquan.

There is often a misconception that all taijiquan is the same or similar, or that this is even the case within certain 'family' styles. Yang taijiquan has quite different interpretations, depending on which member of the Yang family they are attributed to. The most well known is the mainstream line from Yang Chengfu. This is a 'large frame' version of the art that is quite different to some of the versions attributed to earlier Yang family members such as Jianhou.

I'm sure if you follow Master Chu's instructions exactly as he gives them you will be doing it correctly. I would strongly advise against deviation-incorrect practice can lead to various problems with any method of exercise. I would also advise you not to try and do too many practices together, learn several practices at the same time, or do different practices within the same practice time. Concentrate on one thing and follow the instructions given by the teacher to the letter.

• Like 3

Sign in to follow this