3bob

suggestion

I've noticed a lot of Christian related topics posted... perhaps we could also use a sub-forum for those?

• Like 1

Good idea, Christian history speculative or otherwise seems like a sub topic. Still usage wise I don't like too many sub topics cluttering the top of the board, the real meat of the board is discussion and once a good thread on page 2, its too often forgotten.

If Christianity is put in I could see knocking out the "Going to Chat Room" glued above. Since only a name and date changes, its not all that noticeable. People trying to get others into Chat are better off creating a New Topic. The new thread will quickly be flushed down stream. Maybe the 30 Day Mentoring could be put somewhere else too. Maybe a subtopic in Personal section?

Would there be tambourines, 1950's style glasses and no sex before marriage?

• Like 1

Weird... why do we need a Christian subforum on a Taoist board?

The place I live I'm in a sea of Christians... I could certianly do without that on this board.

• Like 1

Weird... why do we need a Christian subforum on a Taoist board?

The place I live I'm in a sea of Christians... I could certianly do without that on this board.

Why? - because imo we already get a lot of Christian posts on the general board, some of which are along so called "esoteric" and or mystical lines that some members have interest in... whereas the general forum seemingly would (should) be more along various Taoist lines being that such is related to the primary intention and name of the site.

(besides the Buddhism and Vedanta have there own sub-forums which sometimes mitigates the number of pitched battles around here that can dominate the general forum)

Edited by 3bob

Would there be tambourines, 1950's style glasses and no sex before marriage?

Who knows, but I hope there would cool cats, no texting during sex and the Moody Blues.

Why? - because imo we already get a lot of Christian posts on the general board, some of which are along so called "esoteric" and or mystical lines that some members have interest in... whereas the general forum seemingly would (should) be more along various Taoist lines being that such is related to the primary intention and name of the site.

Nope. The general forum is for general discussion about spiritual paths. The Taoist Dis. is for Taoist only. If the Christian stuff you are referring to is Immortal4life's stuff then I need to point out after a lot of agonising we had online poll in which most people said it should stay in General Discussion - so its not going to get moved now.

I think we have too many subs already ... quite a few get very little use (Articles, Vedanta ...) ... I think Christain Mysticism + Gnostic Christianity is legit for General

• Like 2

Nope. The general forum is for general discussion about spiritual paths. The Taoist Dis. is for Taoist only. If the Christian stuff you are referring to is Immortal4life's stuff then I need to point out after a lot of agonising we had online poll in which most people said it should stay in General Discussion - so its not going to get moved now.

I think we have too many subs already ... quite a few get very little use (Articles, Vedanta ...) ... I think Christain Mysticism + Gnostic Christianity is legit for General

Could you give a link to that poll? Btw, is there some kind of limit on space or time for site areas that don't get enough use in your opinion?

Edited by 3bob

Could you give a link to that poll? Btw, is there some kind of limit on space or time for site areas that don't get enough use in your opinion?

I4L poll

nearly 57% for General ...

Don't quite get your other question ... There are no limits at the moment ... what did you have in mind?

BTW here is the blurb ont he index page for general dis.

Eclectic discussion across a wide range of spiritual thought and practice. As long as you are up for a good time and remain respectful, you're welcome to discuss your path.

Bolded bit is mine

I4L poll

I don't know if thats apples to apples. Seems to me the poll was generalized to ask about all of I4L's posts. Whereas this is a question on Christianity and goes beyond I4L. There might be increased interest in a Christian sub topic history and mysticism.

• Like 2

I4L poll

Don't quite get your other question ... There are no limits at the moment ... what did you have in mind?

BTW here is the blurb ont he index page for general dis.

Bolded bit is mine

Apech, Thanks for the feedback/link. My "other question" was an indirect wondering of why one might be strongly against the sub-forum idea if time and space for same are not really factors, then again the link does show reasons other than that as to why.

Apech, Thanks for the feedback/link. My "other question" was an indirect wondering of why one might be strongly against the sub-forum idea if time and space for same are not really factors, then again the link does show reasons other than that as to why.

The link was about I4L only.

The quote shows that General is for all spiritual paths not just Taoism.

We do change the forum structure form time to time but there are no plans to set up a Christian Sub. at present.

• Like 1

Um, it seems like this forum becoming mixed religions rather than Tao focused...

Um, it seems like this forum becoming mixed religions rather than Tao focused...

I haven't been here nearly as long as many on this board, but for the length of my stay it's always been a bit of a "mixed religions" board. This is probably because Taoist philosophy can be applied to many spiritual paths, and there are many from other spiritual paths who enjoy learning and practicing Taoist cultivation methods.