Astralogic

The Tendon Changing Classics

Hi, I have been reading this site, learning about the tendon changing exercises.

He says there are 24 in total, eight for each section of the body (upper, middle, and lower) yet he only describes seven exercises. Plus, his descriptions are all in text, which isn't exactly useful.

So I want to ask, does anyone know any sites or DVD's that show in video the entire set of muscle changing exercises?

Also I guess it would be a good idea to ask if these exercises are any good at increasing the strength of the tendons and muscles? I assume they are.

Thank you

Astralogic

• Like 1

Hi, I have been reading this site, learning about the tendon changing exercises.

He says there are 24 in total, eight for each section of the body (upper, middle, and lower) yet he only describes seven exercises. Plus, his descriptions are all in text, which isn't exactly useful.

So I want to ask, does anyone know any sites or DVD's that show in video the entire set of muscle changing exercises?

Also I guess it would be a good idea to ask if these exercises are any good at increasing the strength of the tendons and muscles? I assume they are.

Thank you

Astralogic

Mantak chia has a few moves in videos. Generally just twist your arms so you tendons stretch. do some tai chi looking movements. Do it after you do inner alchemy and you will know when you are doing it right, it will feel real nice.

there are a lot of different versions of the muscle tendon change. the original exercise which was supposedly written by bodhidharma is not extant to my knowledge.

i personally like yan lei's DVD (# 2 on that page), i find it to be a good set

i added some other movements from other sets to it as i practiced

a good thing to read is yang jwing ming's qigong, secret of youth to get the theory and valuable info before learning a set from dvd or vids. once you read this and the root of chinese qigong (also by dr. yang) you will be able to apply what you know to the movements you see others doing. without that foundation, you're just mimicking motions, which can be worthless without the knowledge of a teacher like him

good luck

• Like 1

muscle tendon changing classics are some of the very best exercises there are.

you can tell who did and who didnt do these.

just do them.

does anyone have any good youtube videos on tendon stretching.

I do a set of stretches encompassing the whole body, and some sun salutations and such. I i do ki breathing when preforming these.

Edited by phore

does anyone have any good youtube videos on tendon stretching.

I do a set of stretches encompassing the whole body, and some sun salutations and such. I i do ki breathing when preforming these.

you'll find more with a youtube search of "yijinjing" or "yi jin jing" than you will with "muscle tendon change"

there are some neat vids there, happy surfing

Thank you

Astralogic

Hey Astra,

Since I see the other post recommend other Yijinjing and I feel and understand that you exactly want to learn "Li Baohua Tendon Changing Classics".

Then why do you not e-mail Andrea Falk on the homepage and ask to make a video.

Best,

Q

i personally like yan lei's DVD (# 2 on that page), i find it to be a good set

Is it OK to do those with the eyes closed? I like to do an hour or two of seated chi gung before I go to bed, and I find having the eyes closed gets me into a very nice state for bed.