The first star I see tonight,

I wish I may, I wish I might,

Have the wish I wish tonight.

300px-NGC_4414_(NASA-med).jpg

Edited by White Wolf Running On Air

Thanks for the great response V

I did mean astrologer :)

Maybe the poem misled slightly?

I was just having fun with an old nursery rhyme - there was no intent behind it :)

I find it hard to believe that people find it hard to believe haha

The moon for example and its physical effects on women / or is it women who influence the moon?

You can provide this information to them / correlation with cycles etc which they tend to agree/ can't disagree with, though they will mock you for suggesting astrology as a science

Do you believe one is to transcend these influences? kronos? or would it be a futile task to try working against these influences // unless you have been blessed with influences to transcend (enlightenment/liberation)

Is there an astral influence and also a "soul" influence (beyond the planets?)

I am a novice

find it interesting though + the mythologies etc that go along with it :)

Most of my planets are in the 11th (5)

Although if you use the whole sign house system the majority are in the 12th

Thanks for joining in Cat! :)

understanding the influences you can begin to work with them, work on them - going beyond the influence, through conscious awareness etc ?

• Like 1

hmm... i like the chinese zodiac, cant say much else though.

Yin alignment, Ox Year, Rooster Month, Monkey Hour, Wood Element.

Everyone i have figured otu their 2 or 3 animals has been perfectly suited to the chart, but that isnt to say it's always perfect. :lol:

The moon for example and its physical effects on women / or is it women who influence the moon?

You can provide this information to them / correlation with cycles etc which they tend to agree/ can't disagree with, though they will mock you for suggesting astrology as a science

Do you believe one is to transcend these influences? kronos? or would it be a futile task to try working against these influences // unless you have been blessed with influences to transcend (enlightenment/liberation)

For one example, the Moon affect water, our bodies are 3/4th water.

Can we transcend astrological influences? I've not the observed to 6 senses doing so,...but the 7th and 8th consciousness' there is a different connection.

I agree, it's futile to work against these vibrations.

V

• Like 1

Re. your interpretation of the effects of saturn in the eight house, VMarco. I'm assuming that there were other aspects to the chart which indicated the issue you outline. That placement alone would in no way suggest such a literal interpretation. Any area which holds saturn is susceptible to negative suggestion. If that woman was suggestible by nature or impressed/overawed by your certainty, you may well have created a belief in her about herself. The power of suggestion. Astrology is not so simple. Saturn is not so simple. Anybody reading this with saturn in the eighth, feel free to chime in, it would be interesting.

From my observations there are usual 3 manifestations to indicate an significant influence. Saturn in the 8th alone should not bring a debilitation by way of Saturn's limitations. Although one's Practical Director (the planet that rises before the Sun) is often seen as a good indicator of one's lifes purpose,...Saturn is also an indicator of lifes purpose through its taskmaster role.

As for that woman in question,...although I never had any sort of sexual relationship with her, I was a friend who spent several hours with her chart, her synastry with others, astrocartography, etc. Astrology is an excellent, impersonal way, of understanding oneself.

A helpful book in regard to Saturn is Liz Green's,...although not designed for novices,..does have helpful hints on how to befriend Saturn.

I wholly agree,..."Astrology is not so simple. Saturn is not so simple." Astrology is not newspaper horescopes or Sun Sign predictions. The Sun only represents around 6% of one's natal chart.

A very fun way to learn astrology is with Martin Schuleman's "Karmic Relationships." Look at the synastry/compatibility between couples and friends you know,...what vibration are people attracting into there life.

I'm also a fan of Frances Sakoian's "Predictive Astrology", and her "Handbook of Astrology." Robert Hand's books are also quite good.

In the 80's and 90's publishers sought to add to their astrology genre, and the market was flooded with astrological trash. One of the best astrology books one could own is Rex Bills "Rulership Book"....along with the few mentioned above, you can unravel the basics of astrology. For me,...although I had study a hundred texts, one short chapter of Schuleman's "Astrology and Sexuality" brought it all together for me. I'll post it below.

V

Most of my planets are in the 11th (5)

Although if you use the whole sign house system the majority are in the 12th

The Equal House system is not too accurate for readings,...it doesn't take account for the shape of Earth. I use Placidus for births under 35 degrees, and Regiomontanus for higher latitudes, but Koch for those above 55 degrees. If you locate about a thousand miles east of where you were born, all those 11th house influences would shift into the 12th,..something you may not want.

Re. your interpretation of the effects of saturn in the eight house, VMarco. I'm assuming that there were other aspects to the chart which indicated the issue you outline. That placement alone would in no way suggest such a literal interpretation. Any area which holds saturn is susceptible to negative suggestion. If that woman was suggestible by nature or impressed/overawed by your certainty, you may well have created a belief in her about herself. The power of suggestion. Astrology is not so simple. Saturn is not so simple. Anybody reading this with saturn in the eighth, feel free to chime in, it would be interesting.

Vedic or Western?

I have Saturn in the 4th Vedic house and am presently about to embark upon a Saturn in Moon phase doo-da thingy. I'm somewhere roughly half-way through the Saturn thing in Vedic terms.. It hasn't always (so far) been pretty. And it's long. Looooooooooooong.

Where possible, I do try to cross-reference these things. So far, between the Bazi, the Vedic, the psychology stuff, and some other bits and bobs a few important parts do line up. There are some more 'out-there' aspects to it. Go with each territory.

I wonder though, that if a person is going to embark upon the use of astrology for other than entertainment purposes, it ought to be done 'old school', as in the expert puts themselves 'out there' with a chart or reading that any other competent expert could agree with without relying too heavily on feed-back from the subject themselves. IMO that's a recipe for influence-mongering.

----opinion alert etc---

• Like 1

Vedic or Western?

I have Saturn in the 4th Vedic house and am presently about to embark upon a Saturn in Moon phase doo-da thingy. I'm somewhere roughly half-way through the Saturn thing in Vedic terms.. It hasn't always (so far) been pretty. And it's long. Looooooooooooong.

Where possible, I do try to cross-reference these things. So far, between the Bazi, the Vedic, the psychology stuff, and some other bits and bobs a few important parts do line up. There are some more 'out-there' aspects to it. Go with each territory.

I wonder though, that if a person is going to embark upon the use of astrology for other than entertainment purposes, it ought to be done 'old school', as in the expert puts themselves 'out there' with a chart or reading that any other competent expert could agree with without relying too heavily on feed-back from the subject themselves. IMO that's a recipe for influence-mongering.

I mostly use Tropical, although touch on Sidereal when going more deeply into something. Tropical developed out of Helenistic Astrology, which probably had an Egyptian influence. Both systems work,...Western and Vedic work,...IMO neither one is better than the other. I love Philadelphia pizza, I was raised in Philadelphia,...I don't like Chicago pizza, or San Francisco pizza.

I learned to do charts by hand (before the internet) with much influence through the Rosicrucian method, ie:

http://www.scribd.com/doc/21200105/Rosicrucian-Fellowship-Complete-Course-in-Astrology Acually, the course I used was from the 1940's or earlier, by Max Heindel, and consisted of more than a dozen booklets.

IMO every serious mystic comes upon astrology,...for example Gurdjieff, Carl Jung, even Walter Russell (who gave a talk to the Astrologer's Guild of America, called The Electric Nature of the Universe, June 1936), had a certain proficiency with astrology.

In The Electric Nature of the Universe, Russell said, "Astrologers are asked: What relationship can people and planets have with each other? What possible relation can a planet so far away as Neptune have to do with an emotion occurring within us, or a decision which we make for ourselves? How can this far planet affect our lives?

Neptune (he said) is not so very far away from us. It is part of our own solar system. The universe is made up of interlocking electric systems within each other. Every part of every system is directly connected with every other system. Relatively, the planets are as close together in the solar system as are the parts of any atomic system. Every microscopic electron in every star and galaxy is connected electrically by an intercommunicating flux. There are no two separate things in the universe. Everything in the universe is indissolubly tied to every other thing.

The whole universe is just a series of quantitative material records of universe thought, placed there in potential relations one with another, in systems within systems. They have been gathered together in what we call "inanimate nature" or "inanimate life". There is no inanimate life in the universe. Everything in the universe lives. Everything in the universe breathes the breath of life and pulses with the universe, each in its own potential and its own rhythm.

Every person born into a a material form has a rhythm of their own which is normal to them and them only. Each person's rhythm is determined at their birth moment. At that moment the countless billions of electric vibrations of the sun and all its planets are setting a rhythmic gauge upon the life of everyone who comes into material existence. Each person's rhythmic measure has as automatic an effect upon him as the pressing of any electric button has upon a bell. It is automatic. We cannot help it.

Let us get to the root of the effect upon our emotions and lives which the masses of material matter which we call "planets" can cause. How can Jupiter or Neptune have any effect upon one's life or emotions? Many people think it is ridiculous but, on the contrary, it is the truest of truths. The reason is that planets are huge masses of light in motion, for all masses are light, even though they are not exhibiting a perceived incandescence. Any change of rhythm anywhere affects the whole electrodynamic universe."

Edited by Vmarco
  • Like 1

Can we transcend astrological influences?

I have read in a book that one can rise above the influences of the planetary governors.

But this was just in a book

I have read in a book that one can rise above the influences of the planetary governors.

But this was just in a book

The physical vehicle you are using was jump started at the time and coordinates of its first breath to reflect certain vibrations that remain with the form,...sort of like Cymatics. Thus, as long as you are expressing yourself through the physical, emotional, and mental,...that expression will flow through your natal and subsequent vibration.

Edited by Vmarco

Mantak Chia said that through alchemy we transcend our destiny. and this is true.

the degree to which one transcends the influences depends on the strength of the alchemy one is able to attract.

And you know that is true,...because why?

Interesting stuff ZYD thanks for your input :)

White Wolf is fine

Earth Dragon ^_^

In my opinion, a 'White Wolf Running On Air' is quite different than a White wolf. A white Wolf implies a wolf with white fur,...whereas a 'White Wolf Running On Air' suggests the possibility that the Wolfs whiteness may be more than just fur,...as Running on Air implies something ethereal.

Sign in to follow this