mla7

Verdesi HPRD Seminars in the United States

Can Mr. Verdessi "do" anything? Can he demonstrate any mastery of qi, not simply by emitting qi, but can he demonstrate iron body and palm? Can he "do" anything to show that he has any kungfu? $1500 seems awfully high, even from someone who can demonstrate. But i have searched YouTube and never seen Verdessi "do" anything in spite of claiming to be very advanced.

Agreed. i've been warned by one of my teachers about him. In fact, i've been told that the general attitude towards Westerners in Mo Pai today is in large part due to the darkness surrounding Verdessi and his exorbitant fees. i would be highly surprised if he could actually generate any sort of current, particularly since it took John himself over 20 years to get to that point.

Does anyone else find it funny that Naziri is basically talking about himself?

It's not ok for Verdesi to charge but it's ok for Micah/Lin to charge?

Verdesi is a low level but Micah/Lin cannot be catagorized as such?

Isnt it also funny that he is complaining about the lack of evidence that Verdesi has BUT says nothing about the lack of evidence that Lin even exists????!!!!

HILARIOUS :ph34r:

• Like 3

Hi everybody,

I'm writing to let you all know that a close student of David Verdesi will be teaching the foundation practices of David's HPRD system in the US.

I learned these practices 3 years ago at a seminar taught by David in Rome and I've practiced them daily since. I really can't recommend them enough to people who want a solid base from which to cultivate qi or shen.

The cost of the training is $1500 per person. Please feel free to PM me with any questions or whatever.

Mike

LOL no thanks

• Like 1

though I may have "overpaid" for xing shen zhuang instruction from jette, it was extremely thorough and exactly what my poor abused spine needed, dont regret throwin' down and going because my intuition told me it was something I needed to learn - it was particularly insistent to the point of "I'm not used to that sort of response." of course, the money aspects were a significant reason why I said this is crazy to pursue this further, I already got what I wanted out of it - a perfect qigong form that fixes every issue with my back, spine, hips, knees, ankles, with a special focus on stuff that full lotus seems to piss off. (not that I was able to do full lotus back then and never really expected myself to gain that additional flexibility - but like drew says, its a byproduct of channels being open enough - I stretched and cultivated, now I can do it.)

• Like 2

though I may have "overpaid" for xing shen zhuang instruction from jette, it was extremely thorough and exactly what my poor abused spine needed, dont regret throwin' down and going because my intuition told me it was something I needed to learn - it was particularly insistent to the point of "I'm not used to that sort of response." of course, the money aspects were a significant reason why I said this is crazy to pursue this further, I already got what I wanted out of it - a perfect qigong form that fixes every issue with my back, spine, hips, knees, ankles, with a special focus on stuff that full lotus seems to piss off. (not that I was able to do full lotus back then and never really expected myself to gain that additional flexibility - but like drew says, its a byproduct of channels being open enough - I stretched and cultivated, now I can do it.)

I have the Chilel version of XSZ. I like it. I also have David's version. It's a good practice. The Chilel version is the one that I was using a lot though.

Can Mr. Verdessi "do" anything? Can he demonstrate any mastery of qi, not simply by emitting qi, but can he demonstrate iron body and palm? Can he "do" anything to show that he has any kungfu? $1500 seems awfully high, even from someone who can demonstrate. But i have searched YouTube and never seen Verdessi "do" anything in spite of claiming to be very advanced.

What?? :blink: How did you never stumble across THIS???!! :o

As far as "Freudian projection," yes basically everyone is guilty of that.. Which is what makes self-reflection on it such an underrated therapeutic and overlooked spiritual tool.

Edited by vortex
  • Like 1

What?? :blink: How did you never stumble across THIS???!! :o

That video is a FAKE! It was censored via computer by the envious enemies of Shifu David to hide his true achievement!

HERE is the original and uncensored video clip which clearly shows David's high level powers in the Mo Pai fighting arts!

In this video David deflects John Chang's Chi blasts successfully and passes the test for Mo Pai level 8!!!

Edited by Dorian Black
  • Like 2

Do they still charge so much? Didn't they have a book or something at some point?

I don't want to spend $1500 just to learn some stuff that they learned from other teachers for free.

I can't recall David ever being debunked. He could very well have high level cultivation.

I wouldn't mind meeting him. I certainly can't drop tht kindof cheddar though.

He may have learned the Mo Pai for free but as far as I know (which ain't very far) Jiang charges and Liping does too.

I assume he and many of his students are pretty well up there in terms of cultivation (though maybe not balance). I don't know much about what they do, but according to Sean Denty it started w/ 4 hours of meditation a day, and went up from there. It had heavy requirements and much time on the mat. I think regardless of the system, you put in that much time silencing the mind, you get some juice and skills.

I can't recall David ever being debunked. He could very well have high level cultivation. I wouldn't mind meeting him. I certainly can't drop tht kindof cheddar though. He may have learned the Mo Pai for free but as far as I know (which ain't very far) Jiang charges and Liping does too.

I am to the point now that I think that charging for martial arts or meditation beyond a basic room fee or something is just wrong, and rife with potential for abuse.

Maybe it's just better at least for me to leave all these teachers alone and nevermind them. If they feel they have to make a living or at least a good chunk of change teaching what they do, then I think I'll just look the other way.

I am to the point now that I think that charging for martial arts or meditation beyond a basic room fee or something is just wrong, and rife with potential for abuse.

Maybe it's just better at least for me to leave all these teachers alone and nevermind them. If they feel they have to make a living or at least a good chunk of change teaching what they do, then I think I'll just look the other way.

I disagree...respectfully of course :)

Even if a teacher is working a hard job like myself and takes time out of his day to instruct me on the how to's and has some juice to boot, then I believe he/she is worth the money...

Matter of fact, I'm sure that some of them have a hard time working a job due to the level of cultivation so they have to rely on students for money.

Again...this is my opinion :)

I disagree...respectfully of course :)

Even if a teacher is working a hard job like myself and takes time out of his day to instruct me on the how to's and has some juice to boot, then I believe he/she is worth the money...

Matter of fact, I'm sure that some of them have a hard time working a job due to the level of cultivation so they have to rely on students for money.

Again...this is my opinion :)

Well, maybe you'll get something if you pay for it. I guess with people like you around the Verdesis of the world or others charging thousands for lessons won't starve. :)

Well, maybe you'll get something if you pay for it. I guess with people like you around the Verdesis of the world or others charging thousands for lessons won't starve. :)

Lol I didnt say anything about "thousands" :P

I personally cant dish out that much several times a year or however often it's needed.

• Like 1

Certainly an interesting thread that I found while searching for info on Verdesi. He is actually coming to the US in April 2016 -- and *not* charging $1500 (wtf is that all about?!), but rather a few hundred for four days in both San Francisco and Santa Cruz. I will be checking him out while he is here and simply pass this along for those on the interested side of the fence.

https://sites.google.com/site/chiwitheli/workshops/liberation-of-the-mind

• Like 1