Sign in to follow this  
hippyfella

Greetings!

Evening all, I'm new to Chi Gong and having a weird experience.

I'm standing for about half an hour trying to scan my body and about 20 minutes in I start to spin.

It started with gentle turning left and right but now it's complete circles!! It doesn't feel bad but it's kind of strange.

Can anyone tell me if this is normal?

Cheers

Joe

There are a variety of Spontaneous movement practices. Nothing strange about it. I practice a system of Nei-gong in which this is the main form of practice.

Evening all, I'm new to Chi Gong and having a weird experience.

I'm standing for about half an hour trying to scan my body and about 20 minutes in I start to spin.

It started with gentle turning left and right but now it's complete circles!! It doesn't feel bad but it's kind of strange.

Can anyone tell me if this is normal?

Cheers

Joe

It is normal because it is some kind of reaction inside your body, mentally or physically, which was called the Chi Sensation. The Chi sensation of spinning was an indication of the sensory system is out of balance. You may have this feeling for awhile in your practice until your body return back to normalcy. If you are having any Chi sensation or some kind of feeling, it means that your body is taken effect of the Chi Kung practice. Your body is making corrections or healing itself. Each individual has different reactions due to different symptoms.

Thanks for your replies, I thought I was going crazy

You might want to reconsider your conclusion. Hehehe. Sorry, I just had to say that.

I wasn't able to be a hippyfella because I was in the Army during that period of time in man's history. But I did enjoy the music culture of the time.

Spin, Baby, spin!

You might want to reconsider your conclusion. Hehehe. Sorry, I just had to say that.

I wasn't able to be a hippyfella because I was in the Army during that period of time in man's history. But I did enjoy the music culture of the time.

Spin, Baby, spin!

I am now reconsidering my conclusion!!

I ended up this morning laying on my back (after standing for a few minutes) and then my body started stretching itself to the right and left with a considerable twist in the spine. I'm going to presume that my body wants to survive so it's not going to cripple itself but it's bloody weird. Anyone know what sort of mental things I should be looking out for? I've asked a couple of friends to let me know if I start acting out of character.

Does anyone know the prevalence of mental health issues in chi gong training? I've read a little about it but really my knowledge would fit on the back of a stamp.

BTW I'm too young to be an original hippy Marblehead, I just like the outlook.

Cheers

Yeah, if we listen to our body we can most times figure out what it wants in order to remain healthy. (But we shouldn't listen to our belly all the time - it lies!)

I don't recommend any specific practices. I will leave that for others to do.

Yeah, the hippie culture was interesting. Thing is though, there were a lot of lies in there too. But then, the human animal is what it is.

Best Wishes!

Sign in to follow this