Aaron

Our Not so Hidden Agendas

So I'm getting a real kick out of the Hidden Agendas thread, thanks go to Basher for starting it, but at the same time I thought, wouldn't it be nice if we just came out and expressed our own agendas? So to get the ball started, I'll tell you what my agenda is, simply because I don't think it's at all hidden and most people know it anyways.

My main goal on this forum and talking with people in general is to get them to understand that faith isn't enough, that placing one's faith in an institution or person is not only harmful, but most often leads to ignorance. I also try to make people aware that dogma and institutions, more often than not, are there to keep the organization's own deviant practices hidden at any cost.

My hope is that by expressing these ideas I might encourage people to explore the topics of enlightenment through introspection and experience, rather than rote and ritual. In the end I hope people can understand that they don't need 'masters' or teachers to show them the way, that really it exists within each of us if we have the discipline and patience to search for it.

Now I've told you what my agenda is, what's yours?

Aaron

• Like 1

Hmm...I suppose my primary agenda is to test two hypotheses - one, that directed intent and attention have the ability to affect reality; and two, that there is a meaning or purpose to existence.

Twinner: My hope is that by expressing these ideas I might encourage people to explore the topics of enlightenment through introspection and experience, rather than rote and ritual. In the end I hope people can understand that they don't need 'masters' or teachers to show them the way, that really it exists within each of us if we have the discipline and patience to search for it.

:D

I would like to see useful information sharing. My largest interest is in Qi Gong and meditation.

Reading experiences, and methods is exciting for me, I practice everyday and sometimes I run across something that helps my own practice, or I get to share something helpful to another's practice.

• Like 1

useful?

perhaps

hidden agendas = people spilled

open agendas = aren't so interesting

I have a secret ^_^

my hidden agenda is greater than your hidden agenda?

Edited by White Wolf Running On Air

Hmm...I suppose my primary agenda is to test two hypotheses - one, that directed intent and attention have the ability to affect reality; and two, that there is a meaning or purpose to existence.

Both are easily supported hypotheses,

Intent mediated action bridges the illusions of your mind with objective reality. You cant break the rules of the universe, but you still have powers within it, because stuff you envision and 'will to have be' can often enough be brought about.

The meaning and purpose of your existence is entirely up to you as well, within the constraints of the laws of the universe you are the director, lead actor, and audience.

It aint a belief in magic, but it's good stuff.

Edited by Stosh

To learn, to explore ideas that are new to me. Over the years the bums have given me quite a reading list.

• Like 1

So I'm getting a real kick out of the Hidden Agendas thread, thanks go to Basher for starting it, but at the same time I thought, wouldn't it be nice if we just came out and expressed our own agendas? So to get the ball started, I'll tell you what my agenda is, simply because I don't think it's at all hidden and most people know it anyways.

...... (edited for space)

Aaron

Hi Twinner, thanks but I'm enjoying reading all of the "debates" etc on that thread too.

Seems like I lit the blue touch paper & then bravely ran away :excl: (like Sir Robin for you Monty Python fans).

But there's just so much good stuff on this Forum...

Yours is a great idea too, B) as obviously a lot of people on here are open & honest about their Agendas right from the start.

Basher the Beginner, here to read, learn and be entertained.

My agenda keeps shifting for some reason,

I have to keep checking on it.

So right now my agenda is to figure out my agenda.

Seriously!

My main goal on this forum and talking with people in general is to get them to understand that faith isn't enough, that placing one's faith in an institution or person is not only harmful, but most often leads to ignorance. I also try to make people aware that dogma and institutions, more often than not, are there to keep the organization's own deviant practices hidden at any cost.

My hope is that by expressing these ideas I might encourage people to explore the topics of enlightenment through introspection and experience, rather than rote and ritual. In the end I hope people can understand that they don't need 'masters' or teachers to show them the way, that really it exists within each of us if we have the discipline and patience to search for it.

Aaron

Is your agenda to present yourself as an embodiment of someone who is awake by self direction alone?

Are you showing or telling?

Is your agenda to present yourself as an embodiment of someone who is awake by self direction alone?

Are you showing or telling?

What does it matter? Why do you care? Am I on the moderator crap list or what? I seem to be getting a lot of grief lately from you and sereneblue. Just wondering if this is organized or purely personal.

Aaron

My agenda has changed from what it was when Zerostao first recommended the joint, I must admit. I was mainly coming here just reading the personal practice forums and learn something that I could apply into my own training to better my martial play.

Then it changed to wanting to understand more about bagua. ...not just the baguaZHANG as much.

Now I must say I mainly read from whatever part of the board that appeals to me at the time, like the Mike Lomax thread and dern if he didn't give me a DVD! LOL, well I won it. I attempt to scan these boards and read the various advice given, then absorb what is useful, to me.

In a way, I suppose a path to a more fulfilling and happy life, too.

Then you got the lineup of super cool, loving, giving people (many many!), that I look forward reading what they have written. Sometimes laugh (Zerostao, JB), get inspired (R_V, Sin Fest,) or just get took to school for a lesson. (taomeow,JB, Trunk, ZT) These nyms are the ones I thought of first. ...and after I have typed this I see the names could be switched around, yet still accurate)

Thanks for letting me chill here from time to time, bums!

The Tao Bums RAWK!

Edited by jaysahnztao
  • Like 1

Both are easily supported hypotheses,

Intent mediated action bridges the illusions of your mind with objective reality. You cant break the rules of the universe, but you still have powers within it, because stuff you envision and 'will to have be' can often enough be brought about.

The meaning and purpose of your existence is entirely up to you as well, within the constraints of the laws of the universe you are the director, lead actor, and audience.

It aint a belief in magic, but it's good stuff.

It's easier for me to see the support for the second hypothesis (Purpose) than it is for the first. Actually, I should probably redefine the first somehow. Depending on how you choose to look at it, the first hypothesis is blindingly obviously true. I suppose I'm more interested in "to what extent."

In your words you bring up the core of what I am seeking...the answer to the question - "What are the rules of the universe?" It's hard to feel I'm playing the game well, when I don't even know what the rulebook looks like.

No philosophy or written word is capable of providing me with the answers, at least none that I've found so far. There are philosophies and words that claim to point the way though, and that is what I'm looking for now...the best road map to understanding.

It's easier for me to see the support for the second hypothesis (Purpose) than it is for the first. Actually, I should probably redefine the first somehow. Depending on how you choose to look at it, the first hypothesis is blindingly obviously true. I suppose I'm more interested in "to what extent."

In your words you bring up the core of what I am seeking...the answer to the question - "What are the rules of the universe?" It's hard to feel I'm playing the game well, when I don't even know what the rulebook looks like.

No philosophy or written word is capable of providing me with the answers, at least none that I've found so far. There are philosophies and words that claim to point the way though, and that is what I'm looking for now...the best road map to understanding.

I tend to like the blindingly obvious, it tends to get overlooked because it is blinding, Stuff can happen because you imagined it and made it happen by moving around or speaking etc.. It is a familiar and everyday phenomena but it indicates that your mind exists as a real thing.

My cat isnt about to come up with anything very novel anytime soon, she just doesnt have that next level of freedom. Folks look to fairytale magic stuff like bermuda triangles to bring themselves either hope or excitement or whatever, but the solution to their issues doesnt have to be unprovable unknowable unaccessable B.S...They already have powers in which to base their hopes or exitements or whatevers!

The rules of the universe arent all known yet, and the way I am looking at it is that Tao is that which specifies those rules such as gravitational attraction speed of light , strong force weak force, that things have to have distictness to exist , that a valley is only and exactly as deep as the mountains that define it etc..

The rulebook

#1)Tao ,is antichaos,

the allowable parameters of stuff that can be, and the consequential patterns of its features (like evolution plate techtonics and thermal properties of an icy beverage)

#2) Tao is "knowable" to a degree, we can manipulate within the stage it presents ,but neither escape nor violate it.

There are more nice obvious rules like those, (as I see it)

but Ill need a prompt to tell me its worth it to write , I dont do like some folks and go on just to hear myself.

I tend to like the blindingly obvious, it tends to get overlooked because it is blinding, Stuff can happen because you imagined it and made it happen by moving around or speaking etc.. It is a familiar and everyday phenomena but it indicates that your mind exists as a real thing.

My cat isnt about to come up with anything very novel anytime soon, she just doesnt have that next level of freedom. Folks look to fairytale magic stuff like bermuda triangles to bring themselves either hope or excitement or whatever, but the solution to their issues doesnt have to be unprovable unknowable unaccessable B.S...They already have powers in which to base their hopes or exitements or whatevers!

The rules of the universe arent all known yet, and the way I am looking at it is that Tao is that which specifies those rules such as gravitational attraction speed of light , strong force weak force, that things have to have distictness to exist , that a valley is only and exactly as deep as the mountains that define it etc..

The rulebook

#1)Tao ,is antichaos,

the allowable parameters of stuff that can be, and the consequential patterns of its features (like evolution plate techtonics and thermal properties of an icy beverage)

#2) Tao is "knowable" to a degree, we can manipulate within the stage it presents ,but neither escape nor violate it.

There are more nice obvious rules like those, (as I see it)

but Ill need a prompt to tell me its worth it to write , I dont do like some folks and go on just to hear myself.

I'm interested in your definition of Tao as anti-chaos. The statement seems to read that Tao is essentially the laws that govern existence. That seems to me to be stating that the first rule of the rulebook is the rulebook. :P

In any case, I'm at the point now where I have to look to direct experience to be my teacher. The only way I can see to deepen my understanding now is through experimentation.

I'm interested in your definition of Tao as anti-chaos. The statement seems to read that Tao is essentially the laws that govern existence. That seems to me to be stating that the first rule of the rulebook is the rulebook. :P

In any case, I'm at the point now where I have to look to direct experience to be my teacher. The only way I can see to deepen my understanding now is through experimentation.

Thats what I am saying.

and I agree entirely that personal experience is the best and only way to go once you are clear on the format of your understanding.

As an aid to my own reeducation ..I wrote up my own considerations, from the perspective of 'what I wished someone else would have told me' Ill probably post them in the personal practice discussion area, where they can get attacked :) But I may not, since in my entire life I have never met a person who consistently agreed with me, so I figure "what is the point of it" but Im throwing the idea up in the air that you could do likewise ( gather your own wisdom together from your own perspective)

Stosh