Taomeow

A vicious frog

Ah! excellent point.

They keep showing me what looks like nourishment.. but it's just a trick.

I thought I was a vicious dog, now I think I mispelled it.

Ah,...just what the World needs, another vicious god.

When viewing the full length and breadth of the Bible, even an inept reader can see that their Patriarch is clearly a murderous, pro-slavery, vacillant, petty, racist, conditional god. And amazingly, a god who is so insecure, that it demands to be worshiped, obeyed and prayed to.

Edited by Vmarco
  • Like 1

When viewing the full length and breadth of the Bible, even an inept reader can see that their Patriarch is clearly a murderous, pro-slavery, vacillant, petty, racist, conditional god. And amazingly, a god who is so insecure, that it demands to be worshiped, obeyed and prayed to.

BAD GOD.

NAUGHTY GOD.

GET OFF THAT PEDESTAL AND SIT IN THE CORNER,NOW.

• Like 1

This, seemingly your only definition of God, appears to be the bane of your existence. Yet you seem like you would so love to take his place.

God wouldn't hate you for being transgendered, but maybe spewing so much loathing and hatred on those who see things differently than you.

• Like 4

I don't believe that any version of "The Bible" was actually written by a God (or Dog) of any sort. According to popular belief, it was (mostly) a collection of lots of much older stories all cobbled together around 60AD by various Priests of one particular sect. Looking to increase their power & influence over their Tribe / Tribes.

IMHO I don't think you can judge the "Christian" God, or todays Sunday Worshipping Christians for that matter, based on one Book which was originally meant for those who lived 2,000 years ago.

Blindly following the teachings in any Book is surely just as bad as Insulting those whose own views are simply different from your own. Perhaps they simply read / study different Books !

PEACE

Basher

• Like 2

Ah! excellent point.

They keep showing me what looks like nourishment.. but it's just a trick.

I used to feel like that frog much of the time.

Then I realized that the hand holding the bogus reality in front of me is itself bogus. No nourishment in biting it either.

There's a classic taoist meditation for increasing yin, you meditate on mud, at nighttime, mentally sitting in black mud and gradually expanding it to submerge you and the world. I think they may have learned it from the practice peers of the Frog Taoist mentioned by Deng Ming-Dao in one of his books.

Gonna try this approach someday.

Perhaps they simply read / study different Books !

Or perhaps they have experiential experience of God that is unlikely to be found in a library. :huh:

2c