Are you a vicious dog?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. How aware are you of your unified consciousness with vicious dogs?

• Pardon?
    • I like Poodles.
    • I sometimes notice I am snarling.
    • I should be wearing a muzzle.

Thanks to Vmarco's fortitude, I have realised this. Time to own up.

An alleged 'Cherokee' teaching goes like this:

A Cherokee once said, "Inside me are two dogs, and they are always fighting.

One dog is evil -- he is fearful, angry, envious, greedy, arrogant, jealous, and resentful. The other is what is considered good -- he is friendly, hopeful, sharing, serene, humble, empathic, generous, and faith driven. This same fight is going on inside you, and inside every other person, too."

A younger one asked the Elder, "which dogs usually wins?"

The old Cherokee simply replied, "The one you feed the most."

From what I was told, this old story is actually not that old, but was conjured to draw a distinction between practicioners of Non-duality and New Agers.

New Agers have a strong assumption that good wins out over evil,...whereas the non-dual point of view is that negative conditions arise when one selfishly seeks to experience only positive conditions. In other words, as religions say, good triumphs over evil,...however, nature says, you cannot separate the two.

If you wish to stop the two dogs from fighting, then feed neither. If you feed what you interpret as the good over the bad, the bad, which will be hungry, will continuously manifest,...and visaverse.

Buddhists have called those who feed neither, avadhutas,...a state of enlightenment where the distinction between good and evil no longer exists.

An Avadhuta would never own a dog for protection, at the expense of all the terror and harm it may cause others.

• Like 1

V - what do they call people who feed both equally?

Why do they give names to things that don't exist?

Edited by White Wolf Running On Air

V - what do they call people who feed both equally?

To intentionally attempt to feed both equally would be more insane than anything I've ever heard of,...because it would imply an acknowledgement of both illusions. Usually, when someone sees a truth, they cease pursuing the false. For most, there is not an acknowledgement of either, thus they merely pursue conditions that the groupthink says feels good.

However, negative conditions are said to arise when on selfishly seeks to experience only positive experiences....all situations are actually neutral and impersonal,...negative and positive do not exist,...except as we perceive them as such.

To intentionally attempt to feed both equally would be more insane than anything I've ever heard of,...because it would imply an acknowledgement of both illusions. Usually, when someone sees a truth, they cease pursuing the false. For most, there is not an acknowledgement of either, thus they merely pursue conditions that the groupthink says feels good.

However, negative conditions are said to arise when on selfishly seeks to experience only positive experiences....all situations are actually neutral and impersonal,...negative and positive do not exist,...except as we perceive them as such.

so no middle path? isnt say a little bit of fear healthy? this world isn't all that cushy

what about the second question

Buddhists have called those who feed neither, avadhutas,...a state of enlightenment where the distinction between good and evil no longer exists.

so no middle path? isnt say a little bit of fear healthy? this world isn't all that cushy

what about the second question

Avadhuta is the Middle Path,...between the path of negativity (i think, therefore I'll harm you) and positivity (turn the other cheek).

Avadhuta is a term for our pre-indoctrinated consciousness. Before we are trained to accept the illusions of negatives and positives as something real.

V

*grrrr* *snarl* IM NOT VICIOUS! *GRRRROOF* HOW DARE YOU CALL ME VICIOUS?! IM NOT VICIOUSILLBITE YOURHEADOFFGRRRR *SNARL ARF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOFWOOFWOOFBARKARFWOOFBARK!!!*

uh i mean... Pardon?

side note:

why are we imposing human traits on these beautiful beings?

why don't we call a spade a spade?

I suppose all my experience with dogs and animals in general have been good.

I think dogs are a good indicator of character too

my dog generally greets everyone happily... very rarely though she will growl at the odd one... I don't generally trust these people

V have you ever pushed the limit? parachute? motorbikes etc? faced fear?

does one overcome fear by ignoring it or facing it?

+ a little fear is healthy I think... stops one from strolling onto a mine field

or using a bit too much accelerator around that bend... or actually remembering to put your parachute on :lol:

Am I a vicious dog? I am human... though aiming to make peace with my animal nature and even harness it when needed.

what are all these kung fu / shaolin monks? folks up to? tiger style? mantis style? human style?

what can we learn from animals?

Is there power in embracing ones inner animal?

I guess I believe in transmuting / refining

• Like 1

I've always liked the Indian fable of the 2 wolves, but it ignores the power of our shadow. We might not need to feed the 'bad' wolf, but there are times in life we may need to be a dangerous selfish son of a bitch to survive. Or at least need to understand what a selfish son a bitch is going to do, so we can counter it.

Our shadows (lust, anger, greed etc.,) are not nice, pretty or civil, but there's power there. We can channel them for good and holding it in reserve for moments when needed.

V have you ever pushed the limit? parachute? motorbikes etc? faced fear?

does one overcome fear by ignoring it or facing it?

+ a little fear is healthy I think... stops one from strolling onto a mine field

or using a bit too much accelerator around that bend... or actually remembering to put your parachute on :lol:

Am I a vicious dog? I am human... though aiming to make peace with my animal nature and even harness it when needed.

As someone who is considerate of Others, my extreme sports activities have little to do with the millions of people everyday who are exposed to the intimidation, terrorism, barking, attacks, maulings of vicious dogs. Dogs are unpredictable territorial animals,...vicious breeds are possessed by fear-based individuals for protection. That negative vibration of fear and the need of protection permeates the planet, and is a huge contributor to the hate, separateness, vile manners, violence, and terrorism on the Planet today.

The question is not to "cure" Others from the intimidation, terrorism, attacks, maulings of vicious dogs,...which may only be possible if everyone, from infants to the elderly, are issued a protective device (gun),...but the real question is to how to heal vicious breed owners from their fear, and inconsideration of all Others.

V

• Like 1

As someone who is considerate of Others, my extreme sports activities have little to do with the millions of people everyday who are exposed to the intimidation, terrorism, barking, attacks, maulings of vicious dogs. Dogs are unpredictable territorial animals,...vicious breeds are possessed by fear-based individuals for protection. That negative vibration of fear and the need of protection permeates the planet, and is a huge contributor to the hate, separateness, vile manners, violence, and terrorism on the Planet today.

The question is not to "cure" Others from the intimidation, terrorism, attacks, maulings of vicious dogs,...which may only be possible if everyone, from infants to the elderly, are issued a protective device (gun),...but the real question is to how to heal vicious breed owners from their fear, and inconsideration of all Others.

V

Dogs know more about respect in one ear that you do with your whole body.

That is one of the trademark traits of a dog, is that they are LOYAL. A Dog will be more loyal to a man who can show that he not only shows dominance, but respects the dog, Loves the dog.

Dogs are also terrified of humans, particularaly humans who are terrified of the dog. A dog will bark and growl and show dominance around these people. until they are abused, then they cower in fear.

You suggest to nkow more about dogs than your words provide evidence.

It hurts my heart; to hear anyone denounce anything living on this beautiful planet is as though a sin.

I want to breed a Wolf with a Beagle wub.gif

• Like 1

Hey, i dunno about all that, but i have to say, a wolf-beagel would be AWESOME! :D and so cute :P

No, seriously, however, this is two sided.

The dogs and humans alike have pros and cons to consider. no dog, pit or doberman or otherwise, is inherently or naturally vicious, nor are all dog owners merely for the protection that a dog offers.

The whole thing, is moot. there are some dog owners who are bad owners, and there are some dogs who come out of that as bad dogs, but there are also good owners who rehabilitate bad dogs, and good owners who lovingly raise

"quote/unquote" vicious breeds
and never have a single attack-problem in the life of their pet.

I am strongly affectionate to dogs and wolves especially. The half-wolf breeds at home are beautiful and intelligent animals, they recieve lots of love and attention, and in return they offer lots of love and loyalty.

It is mutual respect that cultivates a good dog. and even a bad dog can learn to respect a good owner over time. with the right amount of effort and respect from the owner, no dog is inherently "bad" or vicious.

Got class and then i am gone for the night. Love chatting, been a while since i bombed the forum with my mind, let's do it again some time! :D