Mal

Tai Chi Push hands

a bit related to the Bruce Frantzis' "Bagua Mastery Program"thread I bumped

Our Sifu left town at the end of 2010. Before he left he taught us Tai Chi push hands but we are really getting rusty (so many things to practice and we have let this one slip too much IMO)

I've asked Sifu if we can get correction from him, but that's just not going to work out.

So anyone got any resources THEY PERSONALLY have LEARNT from or WORK with (cause there are a heap of vid's out there on google)

Our Sifu left town at the end of 2010. Before he left he taught us Tai Chi push hands but we are really getting rusty (so many things to practice and we have let this one slip too much IMO)

I've asked Sifu if we can get correction from him, but that's just not going to work out.

So anyone got any resources THEY PERSONALLY have LEARNT from or WORK with (cause there are a heap of vid's out there on google)

https://taichitaocenter.com/sunshop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=61

This precisely what we learn in our system...taught by master liao.

Thanks dawi.

I see Master Liao wrote 9 nights with a taoist master, that book really resonates with me.

"Single Form Series 11 - Two Person Practice" could be exactly what I'm looking for _/\_

if I were in your situation i would look for another sifu or instructor locally or ask him if he can recommend someone.

Nothing like hands on teaching.

My teacher has taught me by playing tui sho with me. He speaks very little English but he transmits it.

Many times I have no idea of what he is teaching me - I later realize I have learned something - improved :)

if I were in your situation i would look for another sifu or instructor locally or ask him if he can recommend someone.

Nothing like hands on teaching.

Ideally yes, but after 2 years nothing is "appearing" on that front so I'm resorting to video.

tai chi central

These lessons are are great and entertaining. I am learning a lot and they're free.

Cheers for the link

I learnt for one year from a good master while i was in china. I think it is impossible to learn from a video on the internet, it is impossible, but you can definately learn from each other. Just practice and try out different things on each other. It's all learning even not on the most direct route.

tai chi central

These lessons are are great and entertaining. I am learning a lot and they're free.

Yes, ian's videos are great. Master liao's teaches all the 2-person sets...hands attaching, roll hands, single hand push, four forms, moving four forms, ta lu, etc. its great because it is structured...and he usually demonstrates what is right vs what is wrong...goes a long way to finding the right alignment. As myth aker said however, no substitute to learning in person from a good teacher...