Sign in to follow this  
Thunder_Gooch

Black Holes Suggest Reality Is A Hologram

I have heard that suggestion before but I am not ready to accept it.

Black holes are interesting things. Where does the information that enters a black hole go to? Does it even continue to exist? Sure, the mass continues to exist because the black hole grows larger in mass but does the information continue to exist?

So many questions, so few acceptable answers!

I do still hold to the concept that 'everything that exists, exists, always has and always will', everything just takes different form over time.

Is there time in a black hole?

Enough!!!

This suggests to physicists that the deepest description of our universe and its parts must be crafted in two spatial dimensions, not three.

Maybe not the deepest, but the "heaviest" :D Plenty of different descriptions and some will be accurate to a certain measure in different formulations.

• Like 1

This suggests to physicists that the deepest description of our universe and its parts must be crafted in two spatial dimensions, not three.

Maybe not the deepest, but the "heaviest" :D Plenty of different descriptions and some will be accurate to a certain measure in different formulations.

That's heavy, man.

Already stated by the Buddha and previous Buddhas. So nothing new really. Also ChuangTze's butterfly dream.

You believe because you've seen me. Blessed are those who haven't seen me but believe (John 20:29)

:lol:

Trust the ancient sages and keep practicing!

Physics and science of all kinds are catching up, it is truly a matter of time until the crossroads of Eastern philosophy/experience meet with Western science and logic. And well, shit would hit the fan but it's just an illusion anyway. :lol::wacko: I think all the doubt about our experiences will be quite amplified as more or less all people realize that everything is real/nothing.

Edited by HandsInTime

I find this to be a very fascinating topic. I hear The Holographic Universe by Michael Talbot is a good book. I've been meaning to read it.

Here's a Scientific American article for what it's worth: http://www.nature.com/scientificamerican/journal/v17/n1s/full/scientificamerican0407-66sp.html

The holographic principle has much to do with string theory and quantum gravity. These holographic ideas should stand on stronger ground when (and if) these theories are able to be proven (at least be on stronger ground in terms of the Western scientific perspective). I personally just enjoy looking at all the ways science increasingly points to a very different picture than what was once considered the norm--a picture agreeing more with Eastern philosophy, even if not hardcore proven yet.

As science becomes more advanced it seems more and more to break down these ideas of objectivity and the primacy of matter, and move towards a more subjective picture where everything is a merely a possibility, a hologram... just information. What I find strange is that many scientists who do work in these areas (Holographic Principle, Information Theory) seem to align themselves with mainstream science and at least seem to be of the typical mainstream skeptical breed. It's funny how as soon as scientists can explain something and fit an idea into some sort of theory or existing construct--as soon as it becomes "known," it can be the wildest thing but it is no longer considered "mystical," "speculative," or "fringe" as it was previously.

It also seems to me that science keeps moving closer and closer to Eastern philosophy/experience, but unfortunately it still has a ways to go before these ideas linking the two gain acceptance in the West. The mainstream western science agenda still seems to have a stronghold in schools, media, etc. People who attempt to link eastern philosophy and western science often get attacked, heavily criticized, and labeled as something like "new age" or "flapdoodle." LOL

I hear you like Virtual Reality, so i am here without being here while being here without being here, so you can enjoy my virtual presence.

hahahahahah yessssss

Every black hole contains a new universe: A physicist presents a solution to present-day cosmic mysteries

I had that thought some time back but refused to think on it any further. (No way to prove or dis-prove it, just like the existence of God.)

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."

-Aristotle

More Pie Guy,

Actually, this theory is false, or at least unnecessary, to describe the origins of our universe. Please check out the works of physicist Lawrence Krauss. He answers--in his book and videos--all of the enumerated questions people have about the Big Bang. He explains how our universe literally came from nothing (a big bang expansion from quantum fluctuations in space [and even in ABSOLUTELY empty space, there is energy, and quantum fluctuations]. He explains all this.). He also explains what drives the expansion of the big bang (even in absolutely empty space, the effervescent energy drives expansion outward).

Here is a video of a lecture he gave, entitled "A Universe from Nothing", wherein he explains everything:

Edited by More_Pie_Guy
  • Like 2

Sign in to follow this