mYTHmAKER

YIN YANG and the TEN THOUSAND THINGS

Yin and yang just represent opposites, so to say one is yin and the other is yang is pointless, imo.

It says for everything there is an opposite.

Edited by Informer

Yin and yang just represent opposites, so to say one is yin and the other is yang is pointless, imo.

they do call one yin and the other yang for a reason imo

one one level they are just opposites on another level yin is yin and yang is yang

i find the differentation very useful unless you are always in a state of wu chi

or attained the tao

IMHO your post is pointless, obvious and trite. - Has nothing to do with the subject paintings.

From your comment you have not looked at them and decided to show how clever you are by commenting on the title.

If you wish to discuss the merits of yin and yang - yin vs yang etc start a new topic. :)

Thank you, Mythmaker. :)

Fascinating. For someone who has spent years with the I Ching, it's also a really cool way to glimpse the "other" relationship one can have with the oracle. (I found two or three paintings though that I would probably paint in a somewhat similar fashion -- e.g. The Abysmal, Possessing in Great Measure, Shock -- but most of them are, to me, unexpected, and great to explore.)

The I Ching is a source of inspiration for me too (though its primary function in my life is traditional, that of an oracle), at some point I had this idea to write 64 short stories, each illustrating a situation from a hexagram... but, like Confucius, I would have to ask for another 50 years to dedicate solely to the project.

Thank you, Mythmaker. :)

Fascinating. For someone who has spent years with the I Ching, it's also a really cool way to glimpse the "other" relationship one can have with the oracle. (I found two or three paintings though that I would probably paint in a somewhat similar fashion -- e.g. The Abysmal, Possessing in Great Measure, Shock -- but most of them are, to me, unexpected, and great to explore.)

The I Ching is a source of inspiration for me too (though its primary function in my life is traditional, that of an oracle), at some point I had this idea to write 64 short stories, each illustrating a situation from a hexagram... but, like Confucius, I would have to ask for another 50 years to dedicate solely to the project.

:)

Heya mYTHmAKER ... are these yours ??? They are fantastic !!! Me want ;)

At some point maybe posters.

Right now i need a very large gallery space.

Yin and yang just represent opposites, so to say one is yin and the other is yang.

Yin is the opposite of Yang. Yang is the opposite of Yin.

Isn't one is the opposite of the other....???

If the "everything" is Yin, then, the other opposite of "everything" is Yang....:)

Please move these aside discussions somewhere else.

They are pointless to this topic.

I would appreciate it if posts here related to the paintings posted. :)

Direct link to paintings http://www.etaoin.com/yj_cat00.html

Review http://www.artezine.com/issues/19/19sbc.html

Edited by mYTHmAKER

Very interesting , thanks for showing them (to me)

The meanings elude me a bit

Knowing more about them individually

would enhance their interest to me greatly.

I wouldnt be surprised if they had a great deal of personal meaning as well.

Stosh

Stosh

Did you read 'Information about the paintings' and 'How to read the paintings' ?

For the 64 hexagrams you can read each hexagram in the Wilhelm translation of the I Ching.

Stosh

I made them by reading and meditating on each hexagram

It took me 5 years to complete the 80 paintings

They can't be anything but personal

Meditation allows one to tap into the source where basically everyone is the same-

there is only one - so while being personal hopefully others will relate o them on some level.

If you have any specific questions I can try to answer without being mundane.

A direct meaning, such as this means this etc, can spoil the experience as that becomes all one will see andthey will miss the inner connection. You see something you have never seen before - it is full of wonder. You give it a name and the wonder is gone. :)

• Like 1

Meditation allows one to tap into the source where basically everyone is the same-

there is only one - so while being personal hopefully others will relate o them on some level.

A direct meaning, such as this means this etc, can spoil the experience as that becomes all one will see andthey will miss the inner connection. You see something you have never seen before - it is full of wonder. You give it a name and the wonder is gone. :)

I understand that , I relate to it.

I see your work as puzzles of a sort

they have an intellectual aspect

Since I dont know the I-ching at all..

I cant say a lot more about em , to a 'westerners eye'

they are bold and masculine ,pleasant to look upon

But I am not equipped to gather the intuitive aspect

I believe they have.

Thanks again , I really just wanted to show I had looked

I do photograpy, I dont care whether folks love my birds , If they see one shot they like its good enough or if something catches their curiosity again thats great, as long as they looked at least Im content

carry on ..

Stosh

Edited by Stosh

I understand that , I relate to it.

I see your work as puzzles of a sort

they have an intellectual aspect

Since I dont know the I-ching at all..

I cant say a lot more about em , to a 'westerners eye'

they are bold and masculine ,pleasant to look upon

But I am not equipped to gather the intuitive aspect

I believe they have.

Thanks again , I really just wanted to show I had looked

I do photograpy, I dont care whether folks love my birds , If they see one shot they like its good enough or if something catches their curiosity again thats great, as long as they looked at least Im content

carry on ..

Stosh

Yes and thanks for having the awareness and understanding of what it means to know that they elicit a response :)

Edited by mYTHmAKER

Special indeed, that is awesome. :)

Thanks for sharing. Glad you like them :)

What happen if the Yin-Yang symbol was going in the counterclockwise direction...??? ;)

What happen if the Yin-Yang symbol was going in the counterclockwise direction...??? ;)

Now you are taking this topic off topic.

Please start a new thread.