jacklantegi

Auditory hallucinations

-Today, I started doing qigong again and after just 1 session, that very first siren sound I was hearing in the beginning came back completely, 100%.

-I made a discovery that if I focus my awareness on my left frontal temporal lobe (one of the areas of the brain which processes sound in the brain), the sounds diminish in intensity. This is the only way I've found to make them less prominent.

Hey,

I recently activated my kundalini and have during the initial uproar and surge of energy this happened to me. I wouldnt hear things while I was awake but If I closed my eyes and I was kind of in a kundalini daze I could start to hear music in my head as if I had headphones on. It wasnt faint.... it sounded pretty real.

The best thing to do is just recognize it as your creative mind being temporarily juiced up. Dont freak out about it. It will only make it worse because you will force your attention to it everytime it happens. The instant it happens just ignore it. get up and move. Start thinking logically. Engage yourself as much as possible so your attention isnt somewhere inside your body.... The reason why the sound stops when you focus on the left temporal lobe is probably not due to the left brain processing sound. It is probably because you are engaging the left brain which is responsible for logical thought and reason. When you put your attention there... you take away juice form the right brain which is the creatvie brain responsible for things like you would be describing. (or at least from what im researching on the net)

What you are experiencing is a real auditory hallucination. And technically if it lingers it would probably be a problem. But it is probably only temporary and is due to too much energy being cultivated and has something to do with the chemicals in the brain...... probably the same ones responsible for things like REM sleep and dreams. Do your best to start doing something and shoo it away so to speak the instant it happens. deny it. Dont focus on it. slap yourself.... start thinking logically....start moving.... take a cold shower.... And definitely do not do any energy work until the problem resolves. Even if you feel like it... Get out. Talk to people. Laugh.Take a walk... Engage your left brain. You should be fine. But don't pay attention to it.

= D

Edited by c00kiemonster

Also,

I would like to add. Stay away from any type of energy work or visualizations or spiritual methods to get rid of it. All of these things require imagination (the right brain) , or visualization , they are an idea that can only work if you are using the creative juices in the brain to manifest them in your body. Dont do this. Its the creative juices that are causing these hallucinations. Just be a normal human being for a while and your body will most likely rebalance itself naturally. You can also go to the doctor and have them check some levels. Especially b12 and vitamin D. If these are on the low side .. hallucinations can manifest. Also, if eventually you can;t get it figured out. try getting a neurological test which measures the chemical balance of the neurological chemicals in the brain. Ultimately it is these chemicals which are responsible for mental balance and unbalance. Mental imbalances manifest themselves as depression, bipolar disorders, and schizophrenia. Since we know your symptoms are caused by energy work, I wouldnt be too concerned that you have any of these illnesses. Technically you are probably experiencing the symptoms of one of these illnesses but its not because there is something wrong with your brain... Its just temporarily out of balance due to the energy work... much like your stomach would be out of balance if you ate a whole bunch of spicy food and got diarheaa..... = D

So dont stress = D ...its a very cause and effect situation

Edited by c00kiemonster

Maybe you're lucky and eventually manage to suppress it, but if it gets more distinct with energetic practice, maybe it's something that's asking for your attention. You probably won't be able to figure out with your rational mind and conscious awareness why it's a police/ambulance siren.

I mean, I had all kinds of really freaky stuff during my ayahuasca trip, and it was mostly stuff that was very unsettling for me that somehow resolved things. All very vague, but there seems to be a basic process: You do energy practice as part of your spiritual path and life will in turn supply you with challenges.

I have something a bit similar right now. My mind says I shouldn't 'go there' because it's unsettling, but going through it has a positive effect.

I guess the question is: How much can you afford to walk that path considering your current life circumstances? If you have to function well at the workplace, naturally you shouldn't risk going nuts for a while, haha.

Edited by Owledge

Maybe you're lucky and eventually manage to suppress it, but if it gets more distinct with energetic practice, maybe it's something that's asking for your attention. You probably won't be able to figure out with your rational mind and conscious awareness why it's a police/ambulance siren.

I mean, I had all kinds of really freaky stuff during my ayahuasca trip, and it was mostly stuff that was very unsettling for me that somehow resolved things. All very vague, but there seems to be a basic process: You do energy practice as part of your spiritual path and life will in turn supply you with challenges.

I have something a bit similar right now. My mind says I shouldn't 'go there' because it's unsettling, but going through it has a positive effect.

I guess the question is: How much can you afford to walk that path considering your current life circumstances? If you have to function well at the workplace, naturally you shouldn't risk going nuts for a while, haha.

Hey, Im not here to crush anyones veiws on the spiritual side of things. But Energy work and visualizations affect the body in a very scientific and chemical way (which ultimately affect the spirit). There are reasons he is hearing things scientifically. And that is probably because he is doing too much energy work and temporarily throwing off the subtle balance of the brain. So, if spiritually it has been unsettling to him, from a spiritual standpoint he should recognize that it is him who is causing it. (which it seems like he has) The sirens probably have no meaning spiritually. They only have a meaning if you allow them to. If you start giving them meaning, that brings focus to them and they become developed in the mind from a creative standpoint. If he is trying to get rid of them... this is the last thing he should do... This is just my outlook, not trying to judge anybody or crush anybodies opinions. Just putting that view out there becase I know (at least from my experiences) trying to figure out why they were manifesting from a spiritual standpoint would only make them a bigger deal than they were. It is simply a temporary imbalance. I mean from a spiritual standpoint, that matches up doesnt it? Ultimately it is his practices that are causing them.. he said they seem to go away whenever he doesnt do any energy work. (haha maybe he is even hearing sirens as a warnign of doing too much... could be a theory)..Best of luck to you OP. Im sure you'll be fine whichever road you take.. maybe subconsiously the sirens do have a significant meaning..... who knows... only you can figure it your self....theres plenty of time to get it figured out and plenty of options at your disposal. Much respect to you Owledge.

= D

Edited by c00kiemonster

Hey everyone,

I'm the person who originally started this thread- but lost my login info so this is my new account. I'd like to give an update:

It's now over 1 year later, and I still have the same problem- it never went away.

There have been periods, sometimes lasting a couple months or more, when it stopped. This coincided with not doing any kind of energy cultivation practices.

To be honest, it does seem like a neurological issue at this point since I do not have any major psychological issues. I'm a well adjusted person and live a normal day-to-day life. It just feels like a really whacked out tinnitus.

That said, why is it a police/ambulence siren, of all things? There must be SOME psychological component to it with all said and done.

I have on several occasions tried to "follow the energy" of the sound, using the dissolving water method, but it has never led me anywhere. There doesn't seem to be anything to follow and always ends in frustration.

I REALLY wish I can somehow get rid of this.

Maybe this is an annoying thing, but maybe it keeps you thinking about the path. So from the point of view of your enlightened self, it is a good thing. From your "small" self, its just a pain in the arse.

There is a psychological component, as you said, otherwise it would just be a ringing sound without meaning. Your subconscious mind puts the meaning of siren automatically, and now its a habit. In order to change the subconscious habit you have to put your own meaning on the ringing, such as a beautiful girl singing. Each time the sound comes up, you have to visualize this new meaning, and after some days or months it will change. You have to consciously override it by brute thought force.

I have heard in Bodri and Nan's writings that "nine bottled breath", otherwise known as "vajra breathing" etc, alternate nostril breathing pranayama balances the energy channels including those of the "inner ear" Try 10-15 minutes daily or twice daily.

Hey guys,

I need some help and I didn't know where to post this, so here it goes. By the way, I understand that the best thing to do is to go see a medical professional, but for the time being it isn't severe enough to warrant making an appointment.

About week ago I started having very strange auditory hallucinations.

It started with vaguely hearing music whenever there is white noise around (especially a fan). But when it's quiet, I don't hear anything and it's totally fine- so I thought nothing of it when it started.

A couple of days ago I started hearing police sirens. I live close to a police stations so I just thought there was a lot of police cars driving around my area and dismissed it.

Then I began noticing that I was in fact hearing a constant non-stop police siren. It's not a constant pitch. It sounds exactly like the real siren looping over and over just as you would hear it driving right outside your house.

It gets worse around white noise and when I focus on it, and starts mostly later in the day (when I wake up it's gone).

When everything is completely silent I can still hear it but not as much.

Whenever I start to focus it, it sort of re-loops and makes the exact same woop-woop sound when the siren cuts to another to another loop before it ends. It's REALLY weird.

I don't have ANY other auditory hallucinations other than this. I am a 32yo male in good physical and mental health with only a history of mild depression. I don't take any drugs or medications. I highly doubt it's any kind of schizophrenia (I'm fairly well versed in the spectrum of mental disorders)

For now, I'm trying not to worry about to much and I'm hoping it'll go away on it's own, but quite honestly it's kind of freaking me out.

Hello,

this is perfectly normal in these transformations that are happening on this planet. I can give you an accurate map that comes from Lincoln from the youtube channel "ChannelHigherSelf", how he perceived himself during his live-long meditation and spiritual work.

When you hear audible sound slightly above your ears, this is related to the communication of lower spiritual beings and astral beings that are on this planet. Also this place is associated with telepathic communication, which can be learned and understood. This is only happening natural during your spiritual transformation and always 'was' there, you have just forgotten how to use it.

Right behind your eyes, where all the chatter is going on and where you can feel weak, after you sat a long time infront of a monitor, that is where you perceive your ego's voice.

The Third Eye center and what I call our "unicorn point" (which is another energy center, right at the hairline) communication with higher spiritual beings can be established. Such as what humans call "angels" etc.

The most important communication is happening at a certain point in your spiritual development in, at and above the area of your crown. That is where we are connected to the Cosmos (in taoism) or better known as Higher Self or the Higher Aspect of all of us. This is where you should prioritize. Where you Want prioritize if you seek truth. Here communication can be heard by your heart pulsing energy into the area of your brain, the information that comes down into your crown center is then be translated or coded down into an audible form. Which can happen as an audible voice that sounds just like any voice out there. This voice is naturally calm, warm and never forces you to do anything.

If you want to establish the connection to your Higher Self more and more, cultivate inner silence by daily meditation and focus solely on your heart. From there at a certain point your awareness naturally connects to your Higher Aspect and you will receive guidance. You can use a mantra like "I intend to create a way in which I can perceive an audible connection to my Higher Self. I fully surrender into this process". And by saying so, everything is done for you. Your job is really and only to relax into everything that happens. Sounds easy, but it is challenging :) and wonderful!!

This also naturally quiets the Ego.

It's soooo easy. Have fun! That's all that matters :)

Edited by 4bsolute

I'm doing SFQ as well.

Currently I'm only doing the active exercises. No Small Universe/MCO. I've realised that it is advanced. Many a teacher advises to do it after only a couple of years of regular qigong. I also dont do "energy breathing" with the active exercises. I only do belly breathing, breathing air into my lower abdomen. No visualisation of any sort. This has reduced my brain fog and cleansing/flu symptoms due to MCO almost 100%. I probably would have heard strange noises too if I had continued with the MCO!

... and what I call our "unicorn point" (which is another energy center, right at the hairline) communication with higher spiritual beings can be established.

My Little Pony helps me a lot to accept energy at that point, haha. Which in turn gets subconscious issues processed during sleep.

Also, there's quite a lot of synchronicity going on here, at least from my perspective. I had this thread on follow without any reply for a very long time, and lately, while I am now beginning to learn music production, my Youtube video-making activity has severely and naturally shifted towards making videos with sirens in it.

It's actually kinda funny in a crazy way, and only now I realize it might help the OP to become more accepting of the sirens he hears. Check it out if you like:

http://www.youtube.com/user/Dowlphin

P.S.: Bonus points if it was Pinkie Pie you heard all the time. :lol:

Edited by Owledge
  • Like 1

No way! That's really weird haha

I watched some of your videos. Very interesting!

The sound I hear is actually an ambulance siren- not a police siren. It stated with a police siren last year, but now it's an ambulance.

Occasionally, there is sometimes the sound that a big truck makes when backing up.. the slow and gentle "beep... beep...", but that one I don't really mind.

Perhaps in some past life I was crushed by a truck that backed up onto me and then died in an ambulance on my way to the hospital? Haha!

I have decided to stop ALL energy cultivation practices for a while (except meditation) and will see what happens. I doubt this will fix it, because it often resumes when I start doing them again. :/

Despite sounding extremely unpleasant, I will try to suggestion to "appreciate" it more.

I am doing a 10-day Vipassana retreat in a few weeks so perhaps that would be a good chance to get more "acquainted" with it. Right now, it's hard not to try an avoid it..

My Little Pony helps me a lot to accept energy at that point, haha. Which in turn gets subconscious issues processed during sleep.

Also, there's quite a lot of synchronicity going on here, at least from my perspective. I had this thread on follow without any reply for a very long time, and lately, while I am now beginning to learn music production, my Youtube video-making activity has severely and naturally shifted towards making videos with sirens in it.

It's actually kinda funny in a crazy way, and only now I realize it might help the OP to become more accepting of the sirens he hears. Check it out if you like:

http://www.youtube.com/user/Dowlphin

P.S.: Bonus points if it was Pinkie Pie you heard all the time. :lol:

Edited by CrunchyChocolate555

Hmm, you say the types of sirens you hear change over time. Maybe that indicates a process. What did you mainly do when you heard the police sirens? Stop practice or ignore it?

I think more likely than a story that involved all the sirens/signals mentioned is some kind of trauma in connection to sirens (loud, repetitive, annoying, attention-grabbing sounds) in general.

Subconscious stuff is stuff we bury because we can't handle it. Energy practice digs it up. Acceptance without freaking out is a good healing strategy in my opinion.

My understanding is that unpleasant symptoms one can experience when having 'too much energy in the head' are not bad per se. They're the very psychological healing process aimed for. The problem is merely when the roots, the grounding, is weak, and that's why focus on the lower centers is often recommended. It will improve one's ability to handle the healing process.

This has crystallized based a lot on my own experience. When things get freaky, I try my best to not freak out and instead calmly make a judgment about how much of that I can handle at the time.

There is a reason why e.g. sirens occur in your mind. It's not 'random'. The energy finds its way; It is inherently driven by a healing purpose. Often we're just not ready for the degree of healing available. Energy practice is a somewhat forced method and thus not originating from the natural environment. That's why there's a tendency that the current life circumstances will not fully support it. One is disconnected so to speak, ungrounded, 'out there'. And that CAN lead to a degree of healing kicking in that the practitioner themselves cannot steer back from. But usually there will be plenty of warning signs for that. People who 'go crazy' don't do that by accident. Either it will be a process that builds up, or it will be triggered by outer events. If the sirens you hear aren't making you freak out, it means you don't have to worry.

This is just my personal recommendation, but you could just as well support the process and only steer back once the intensity begins to destroy your serenity.

I say this because during my ayahuasca trips, I was sometimes being confronted with a barrage of madness (at least from my rational mind's standpoint), and any 'sane' person would have recommended I stop whatever I'm doing immediately. But since it was an intended process and I was being taken care of, I (had to) follow it. I lost my mind. I only remember fragments from that time, but there was stuff that was relatively clearly visible, but didn't make any sense to me. I really don't think what I saw was random.

There's a very interesting episode in My Little Pony that has parallels to this. It's about how we should accept the nightmares we have, because they are helping us overcome our fears. And if they don't show what we are really afraid of, then it is to avoid too great of a shock. A masking of the real issue. A slow moving towards the root of the problem.

I also remember a case here at TTB where someone practiced Kunlun Nei Gung and then began to perceive things and instead of seeing that as part of the healing process, gave those things too much importance and relevance, thought they were 'real', and thus started an elaborate evasion process. This is exactly what I mean by groundedness. If you lack the degree necessary for the healing, you'll think all that stuff is 'real', which created the problem in the first place. (This is also why young children are so vulnerable to this: Their sceptic mind is not well-developed and they might take ridiculous stuff way too serious. They are open to a lot, sensitive, and don't understand many things.)

At some point Max mentioned this problem. People learn his stuff, and when issues are being dug up just as he said they would, people might blame the system for being 'evil' or whatever. And people's unrelaxed reactions like that point exactly to the kind of issues they have to overcome.

(Just as an example: For a child, it MIGHT already create a traumatic episode if he hears an ambulance drive by while on the TV someone is shouting "They're going to kill us all!". More likely so if he has a good understanding of what killing means, but nobody told them what an ambulance is. Even more so if a fearful mindset has already been imprinted on them.)

P.S.: There are a lot of metaphors about this that I could come up with in connection to your avatar picture. :D

Edited by Owledge
  • Like 1

Wow, that was really helpful man.

It's interesting that you mention your Ayahuasca trips, because I went to Costa Rica last year to do a few "iboga" journeys. Unfortunately (or fortunately), during that specific 3-week period, my sirens were no longer present (I stopped cultivation practice for some time before/after the journeying).

The journeys did not go well at all unfortunately. I was not able to let go due to a number of internal and external circumstances. This did not result in a "bad" trip, just a very draining and unproductive waste of time and money.

But I digress... I think I should emphasize a point, although I don't think it makes any difference.

The sounds (ambulence siren) is ALWAYS there. It loops at a constant pitch and rhythm, and I would make no distinction from it and something like tinnitus (ringing in the ears) except for the sound produced.

The best I am able to do is not have my conscious awareness focused on it, at which point, for all intents and purposes, it's not there (but really is, like ringing in your ears).

If you don't 'very much like to think about it', do just that. Maybe even (privately if advised) talking to someone about it might help.

I know, it can be frustrating that our conscious, developed personality makes us think we're already over these things, but it's actually built on it to some degree. Some things we can just live with - no problem - but doing energy practice is like a statement "Hey, I want to do more, go further, faster, heal more". And then the path to walk is usually not in our control. The brain is a neuronal net. Doing a traceback for bugfixing can light up the whole thing, haha.

Thanks for the account of your iboga experiences. I considered doing that after ayahuasca for a while, but it seemed way too extreme even for me, and that might be right. I wasn't aware that issues could sabotage iboga to such a degree. Makes me calmer about the whole thing.

Now I'm looking for magic in more ordinary places.

Edited by Owledge

Well guys, I was hoping the 10-day Vipassana retreat I just got back from would help me find the source of this issue or at least ease it down but unfortunately this hasn't been the case.

It's worse now than it's ever been. It reached the peak in severity when I (stupidly) attempted Mantak Chia's MCO method in order to try and resolve it a couple months ago.

Did I mention this whole problem actually started a few weeks after I started doing the Small Universe meditation (a simplified MCO) over a year ago?? Prior to that, doing qigong for a whole year, I never had any issue of the sort.

Here's another interesting observation I made during my Vipassana: they chime a gong regularly every few hours to notify of meditation sessions and meals and guess what? After just a few days, the bell sound got "printed on" to my brain and I was hearing it constantly, on loop, just as with the siren sound.

The bell sound stopped shortly after getting home but the siren, still as strong as ever, and it's driving me fucking nuts.

What should I do to stop this??? Is there any kind of method to reverse any problems caused by doing MCO? I'm willing to try anything at this point. Seriously, if anyone can think of anything, please post or PM me your idea.

So far I've tried other types of qigong, diet, exercise, meditation, brainwave entrainement, mind gymnastics, head massage, supplements, introspection, etc. etc. ... NOTHING has worked or even helped put a dent in it.

I'm a bit agitated about this because normally it starts to subside after a while, but this time it's been really consistently loud and not getting any better for the last couple of months. I can't get any peace or quiet, ever!! :(

I don't know how such a vipassana retreat works, but couldn't you get any helpful info from people there?

Maybe someone with intricate knowledge of the MCO technique would be needed here. Specifically whether that technique can actually cause harm or whether it's always just part of an ultimately helpful process. Also it should be made sure that you did the technique right.

Approaching this like a detective, I see it as a potentially valuable clue that the gong which you heard at the reatreat ceased to be heard soon after you left the place. Sounds like the gong had a weak connection, merely tied to the locality, while you associate the other sounds with your home or maybe (if they didn't get weaker during the retreat) not so much with a specific place at all. Or maybe they're simply rooted deeper. Maybe your mental state at the retreat made you receptive for new imprints like that.

If the sirens used to subside after a while, why no longer? Did they always get more severe after you did MCO and less severe if you abstained from that?

Maybe you really just need to stay away from any kind of activity that resembles that MCO exercise and then be patient.

I don't know, maybe there's even a TCM diagnosis for stuff like this. Maybe this phenomenon gets more severe when there's an elemental imbalance in you and bringing that into harmony might lessen the symptoms.

Sorry that I can't do more than muse about it like this.

• Like 1

Thanks for the reply man that was actually really informative and helpful- especially with it being potentially tied with memories/locations.

I didn't ask the Vipassana people about it but I already know their answer, and it is what I have found to work best for it: equanimity.

Yes, it's always gotten worse after I do MCO. Every once in a while I attempt to do it again to see if I can maybe "unblock" something, but to no avail. Each time it gets worse right after and then subsides within a week. But the last time I did it, it has not subsided and has remained persistent. The only difference i can think of is I did the Chia MCO with the fingers pointing the energy centers, plus tapping, etc. I usually don't do that.

I don't know if my MCO practice is sound to begin with honestly. A lot of my energy moving seems very forced, unnatural, tense, and uncomfortable. I'm pretty sure Im to blame for this.

I've abstained from all energy work for a while now and will try to just keep that up.

So far, here are all the sounds that have remained stuck/looped so far:

-2-3 types of police sirens

-ambulence siren

-alarm clock alarm

-incoming skype call sound

-crickets chirping during the night

-sound of truck backing up (beep.. beep)

-metal gong sound (as mentionned in previous post)

Like I said I'm open to any crazy suggestions

I don't know how such a vipassana retreat works, but couldn't you get any helpful info from people there?

Maybe someone with intricate knowledge of the MCO technique would be needed here. Specifically whether that technique can actually cause harm or whether it's always just part of an ultimately helpful process. Also it should be made sure that you did the technique right.

Approaching this like a detective, I see it as a potentially valuable clue that the gong which you heard at the reatreat ceased to be heard soon after you left the place. Sounds like the gong had a weak connection, merely tied to the locality, while you associate the other sounds with your home or maybe (if they didn't get weaker during the retreat) not so much with a specific place at all. Or maybe they're simply rooted deeper. Maybe your mental state at the retreat made you receptive for new imprints like that.

If the sirens used to subside after a while, why no longer? Did they always get more severe after you did MCO and less severe if you abstained from that?

Maybe you really just need to stay away from any kind of activity that resembles that MCO exercise and then be patient.

I don't know, maybe there's even a TCM diagnosis for stuff like this. Maybe this phenomenon gets more severe when there's an elemental imbalance in you and bringing that into harmony might lessen the symptoms.

Sorry that I can't do more than muse about it like this.

I'm actually quite surprised myself that I'm not going insane over this. Good thing I'm not, though because it would be WAYY worse if I did. I guess I just sort of know that it'll eventually go away.

Regarding perception and attention- that's true! However, just like when you stop actively listening to something, your ears still perceive the sound, it's the same thing with this. It's still there even if I don't focus on it- in fact, I have learned to pretty much never focus on it, but it doesn't really help it go away...

About the clairaudience, I wish! I don't see how this could be clairaudience... perhaps the beginning stages of clairaudience??

Yea that is pretty much how it is, its there in the back ground. If you get treated for tinnitus or some kind of TCM and you are cleared of any illness. It's a clair. If you have yet to pray to a deity, Bodhisattva, angels, etc. They can signal you in through your ears. It's rather interesting, I remember reading about how this lady could sense spirits with her ears. She could hear higher vibrations when they were around her. It is mainly used for discernment.

"Let the wise hear and increase in learning, and the one who understands obtain guidance," Proverbs 1:5

• Like 1

Schlee’s results suggest that the higher regions of the brain send their own feedback to the auditory cortex, amplifying its false signals. Schlee’s model of tinnitus and consciousness could explain some curious observations. Even in bad cases of tinnitus, people can become unaware of the phantom sound if they are distracted. It may be that distractions deprive the errant signals from the auditory

cortex of the attention they need to cause real distress. What’s more, some of the most effective treatments for tinnitus appear to work by altering the behavior of the front of the brain. Counseling, for example, can make people better aware of the sounds they experience by explaining the brain process that may underlie the disorder, so they can consciously reduce their distress.

Carl Zimmer, “The Brain 'Ringing In the Ears' Actually Goes Much Deeper Than That,” Discover, October,

http://discovermagazine.com/2010/oct/26-ringing-in-the-ears-goes-much-deeper

The only time I've noticed auditory hallucinations is when I am fasting and my kidney energy is weak.

Also when the kidney energy is strong then it is part of the yang chi energy to hear a roaring sound -- or the loud OHM sound coming out of the heart. But at that point you would also feel electromagnetic energy or see spirit light energy, etc.

Too much caffeine is a common cause of kidney weakness and auditory hallucinations.

http://www.purevolume.com/julyteeth1/posts/3153478/Comprehension+How+Acupuncture+Can+Heal+Your+Brain

• Like 1

CrunchyChocolate555, do you enjoy total silence, or are you more the type who e.g. prefers to have TV/radio in the background? And how was it before this auditory problem started?

Edited by Owledge

Before it started: I would prefer as much quiet as possible. Nature sounds are cool, though.

After it started: Quiet also, but I get the most relief if there's some kind of music playing, as long as it's the kind that doesn't have much tones resembling white noise since that's when it comes out the most.

The tones really "ride" whatever sound is in my environement. It's hard to explain. For instance, if there's traffic noise in the distance, it will seem to be coming from wherever the sound of traffic is coming. If you were to turn on a broken radio behind me, I would perceive the siren as coming from behind me. Otherwise, the "baseline" ringing is omnipresent.

CrunchyChocolate555, do you enjoy total silence, or are you more the type who e.g. prefers to have TV/radio in the background? And how was it before this auditory problem started?

VERY, VERY interesting. Thank you. I always discounted it being related to tinnitus but now it could very well be a possibility I had learned in school that tinnitus is caused by damaged hair cilia so I didn't connect to a neurological thing.

Carl Zimmer, “The Brain 'Ringing In the Ears' Actually Goes Much Deeper Than That,” Discover, October,

http://discovermagazine.com/2010/oct/26-ringing-in-the-ears-goes-much-deeper

The only time I've noticed auditory hallucinations is when I am fasting and my kidney energy is weak.

Also when the kidney energy is strong then it is part of the yang chi energy to hear a roaring sound -- or the loud OHM sound coming out of the heart. But at that point you would also feel electromagnetic energy or see spirit light energy, etc.

Too much caffeine is a common cause of kidney weakness and auditory hallucinations.

http://www.purevolume.com/julyteeth1/posts/3153478/Comprehension+How+Acupuncture+Can+Heal+Your+Brain

Holy crap I just did a few minutes of relaxing/dissolving my inner ear and I'm pretty sure I made it lower in intensity a good bit. I'm really tired right now but I'll keep experimenting with this.

It would make sense that tinnitus is caused by misfiring cilia in the inner ear then technically this could happen with any sound, not just the typical monotone ringing or buzzing that most people with tinnitus hear.

I need to find a way to "unlock" those hairs and let my ears relax...

Hrmm. I've learned to enjoy this ringing sensation. It has always been there since I was a child. It use to drive me mad when i would try to sleep. When I began meditating again it spurred up again along with heightened senses.

Holy crap I just did a few minutes of relaxing/dissolving my inner ear and I'm pretty sure I made it lower in intensity a good bit. I'm really tired right now but I'll keep experimenting with this.

It would make sense that tinnitus is caused by misfiring cilia in the inner ear then technically this could happen with any sound, not just the typical monotone ringing or buzzing that most people with tinnitus hear.

I need to find a way to "unlock" those hairs and let my ears relax...

The cilia are just the sensors though. They don't replicate sounds by 'misfiring' in exactly the way required to create a certain sound. That's your brain.

That said, I think I've read that the phenomenon called tinnitus officially includes other types of sounds like the ones you're hearing, not limited to high-pitched buzzing.

OK, I just read up on tinnitus and apparently, the sounds I am hearing totally encompass the range of sounds caused by the disorder.

So that's that then, I have tinnitus. That definitely brings me some peace of mind..