Aaron

Take Leave of Your Sanity

"You are the best. You are the worst. You are average. Your love is a part of you. You try to give it away because you cannot bear its radiance, but you cannot separate it from yourself. To understand your fellow humans, you must understand why you give them your love. You must realize that hate is but a crime-ridden subdivision of love. You must reclaim what you never lost. You must take leave of your sanity, and yet be fully responsible for your actions." -Gnarls Barkley, in a letter to the legendary rock critic Lester Bangs

• Like 1

"You are the best. You are the worst. You are average. Your love is a part of you. You try to give it away because you cannot bear its radiance, but you cannot separate it from yourself. To understand your fellow humans, you must understand why you give them your love. You must realize that hate is but a crime-ridden subdivision of love. You must reclaim what you never lost. You must take leave of your sanity, and yet be fully responsible for your actions." -Gnarls Barkley, in a letter to the legendary rock critic Lester Bangs

Unconditional love has no opposite.

Christian, Muslim, and Judeao love has opposites.

"being fully responsible for your actions"...that is, External Considering, is a good start,...but who wants to do that? We live in a post-modern world where individuality is the flavor on society's pedestal. Recent studies show that 2/3rds of men and women believe that a successful career is the most important thing in life.

Most do not believe that love lies in their essence,...most believe that sin lies in their essence. Tell a lie long enough, and that is who the majority become.

There will be very little unconditional love on this planet as long as people have a need to own vicious dog breeds,...for no matter how much they believe their love to be unconditional, ownership of vicious breeds brings fear, suffering, aggression, terrorism, death, and hate to Others,

V

sound advice /

I am love :)

which makes it hard to be, in a place like this

Edited by White Wolf Running On Air

There will be very little unconditional love on this planet as long as people have a need to own vicious dog breeds,...for no matter how much they believe their love to be unconditional, ownership of vicious breeds brings fear, suffering, aggression, terrorism, death, and hate to Others,

V

I own two Staffordshire Bull Terriers. The Bitch is a little plump & bow legged, timid, needy & hates being left on her own. Probably due to mis-treatment by her previous owners. (We got her from a rescue home) She runs up to complete strangers in the Park, sits at their feet, looking up, wagging her tail, waiting for a stroke or a cuddle. :rolleyes: Very few people are ever scared of her due to her placid nature & her pink diamond* encrusted collar.

* We haven't told her they're not real Diamonds !

The Dog is slim, energetic, boisterous, runs everywhere, loves a tug of war, or chasing after a ball. He tries to jump up to lick your face when you come home from work, as he gets over-excited. The only time he tends to growl is if he sees / smells Foxes outside in our garden. Or if two of the Family are arguing or "play fighting".

They give their love to us unconditionally and we love them back. They are like our "extra" kids, although smaller, not so messy or smelly.

We got these dogs because the kids wanted them & unfortunately the vast majority of the "abandoned" Dogs in the UK are Staffies or Staffy cross.

Because of their BAD Reputation, plus the fact that their jaws can lock, they attract the self styled Gangsta type idiots who think it makes them look Hard/Bad/Cool. Or worse, the Slime that are into Dog-Fighting.

Any Dog will turn and Bite if you Beat or mistreat it long enough... 99% of the time it's not the Dog, it's the stupid or insecure Owner you should worry about.

Humans wage War, commit Terrorist Acts, Kill & Hate one another simply because of where they happened to be born, which Religeon they were brought up as, the Colour of their skin or even which Football Team we support !!!!

From Orbit, the Earth looks like One Beautiful, Peaceful, Clean & Hospitable Planet. It's only us Humans that are putting up all of these imaginary barriers / reasons that make us feel different to others.

I'm not a Christian but "Do as you would be done by" springs to mind. If you always treat others as you would like them to treat you, you cannot go far wrong IMHO.

• Like 1

They give their love to us unconditionally and we love them back. They are like our "extra" kids, although smaller, not so messy or smelly.

Because of their BAD Reputation, plus the fact that their jaws can lock, they attract the self styled Gangsta type idiots who think it makes them look Hard/Bad/Cool. Or worse, the Slime that are into Dog-Fighting.

Of course, it's the "stupid owners." That's why loving Pit Bull advocate Clifford Wright was mauled to death by his faithful pet while watering his garden the other day.

http://www.abqjournal.com/main/2012/05/08/abqnewsseeker/pit-bull-from-fatal-mauling-being-put-down-this-morning.html

Of course, it's the "stupid owners." That's why loving Pit Bull advocate Clifford Wright was mauled to death by his faithful pet while watering his garden the other day.

http://www.abqjourna...is-morning.html

A tragic case, this dog was "believed" to have Mauled its owner.... does that mean we should put down ALL dogs of that particular breed, or just not keep them as pets, set them all free and treat them like they're Wild Animals ?

Far more people are bitten by Poodles, Labradors, etc than by Bull Terriers. Mainly because people are wary of them and feel safe around some of the more cuddly or cute looking ones.

Here in the UK "Pit-Bulls", Mastiffs etc are ALL banned under the Dangerous Dogs Act. Mainly because of people using them as Attack Dogs, although there were also some reports of un-provocked maulings.

Far more animals are killed by Humans, than Humans by Animals.

Remember Wolves were hunted to near extinction in many parts of Europe. Simply because of superstition, fear and mis-trust. Wolves are scavengers and actually (rightfully) fear Humans.

Dogs can be used in lots of positive ways, but if you are only interested in looking for the Bad in them, you'll always be able to find something in the Media to satisfy yourself.

Far more people are bitten by Poodles, Labradors, etc than by Bull Terriers. Mainly because people are wary of them and feel safe around some of the more cuddly or cute looking ones.

Have you ever considered researching for some non-biased data?

Between 2000 and 2011, Pit Bulls were reported in 32% to 53% of all attacks. There are over 150 registered dog breeds. Pit bulls, Rottweilers, Presa Canarios and their mixes are responsible for 74% of all reported attacks on humans,...not poodles and labradors.

Labradors were not bred to be vicious,...although for the most part, all dogs are inherently dangerous. However, if only the following vicious breeds (Pit bulls, Rottweilers, Presa Canarios, wolves, German Shepard, Malamute, Husky, chow, and their mixes, which are responsible for 95% of fatal dog atttacks, were Considered as incompatable with Human and Planetary harmony, that would be a huge step towards World Peace.

There's a thread about dogs going on already, can we try and keep this thread's conversation to the quote in the original post? I really liked the quote and I think Cee-Lo has explained the concept of love and hate in a way few people do. Anyways thanks in advance for your cooperation in this matter.

Aaron

Edited by Twinner
  • Like 1

I'm not a Christian but "Do as you would be done by" springs to mind. If you always treat others as you would like them to treat you, you cannot go far wrong IMHO.

Iv'e been told that the "Do to others as you would have done to you, if you were them" goes back to Confucious."

Its a pretty good fallback position IMHO

Remember Wolves were hunted to near extinction in many parts of Europe. Simply because of superstition, fear and mis-trust. Wolves are scavengers and actually (rightfully) fear Humans.

Hmph. Wolves are more than mere scavengers! They're excellent hunters too, y'know. Not that they don't scavenge, I mean...hey, who passes up a free meal!? Just sayin'. :P

We almost drove them to extinction here in the US too. Hunted them enough to get them on the endangered list for awhile, at least.

I'm going to miss my friend's hybrid...87% timberwolf, 13% malamute. Was put down yesterday at the ripe old age of 15, cuz he couldn't walk anymore. Not that I'd recommend them as a pet...even the owner didn't recommend them as pets. They're not dogs and you can't treat them like dogs.

Fortunately, Kuba was still an exceptional animal. He was laid back, definitely a beta or even an omega personality, but still could be stubborn as a mule. He was friendly with everyone, but especially with females. Because he wasn't an alpha personality, and the owner absolutely reeks alpha male, he was never really a problem. He understood and accepted his place in the pack structure.

But he WAS an exception. I still wouldn't recommend them as pets.

However, if only the following vicious breeds (Pit bulls, Rottweilers, Presa Canarios, wolves, German Shepard, Malamute, Husky, chow, and their mixes, which are responsible for 95% of fatal dog atttacks, were Considered as incompatable with Human and Planetary harmony, that would be a huge step towards World Peace.

I'm sorry, I think this is waaay too extreme. For one, please don't lump wolves in with dogs. They're not dogs, they've been around a lot longer than we have, and they have every right to exist. Wolves are also an essential part of the Planetary Ecology - getting rid of them isn't doing the world any favors. They shouldn't be pets, either...they're wild animals, and belong in the wild.

Also, malamutes and huskies are valued members of many societies as work dogs. I'm sure there are a lot of Alaskans and Inuits who would object to having one of their more reliable modes of transport taken away from them.

Your viewpoint strikes me as very black and white on this. Was a vicious breed responsible for a great tragedy in your life?

There's a thread about dogs going on already, can we try and keep this thread's conversation to the quote in the original post? I really liked the quote and I think Cee-Lo has explained the concept of love and hate in a way few people do. Anyways thanks in advance for your cooperation in this matter.

Aaron

Dogs make for a very good analogy about whether a vicious dog owner can actual love their neighbor, simultaneous with their dog terrorizing, annoying, offering a vibration of fear, aggression, and hate to their neighbor,...while exclaiming, Oh, my dog is such a baby.

Aaron

Sorry Aaron, didn't see this post until after I made mine. I'll refrain from further dog-matics in this thread. :D

• Like 1

For one, please don't lump wolves in with dogs. They're not dogs, they've been around a lot longer than we have, and they have every right to exist.

Sorry to upset you,...allow me to rephrase,...wolf hybrids.

Yes,...wolves have every right to exist in the wild. I wish there was more wild for them exist in. There may even be people who "rescue" wolves,...good for them. They likely do out of love for the animal,...not because they feel they need protection, at the expense of lack of love towards their neighbor, as their vicious bred barks, annoys, threatens, terrorizes, their neighbor.

I think Pit bulls, Rottweilers, Presa Canarios, wolve-hybrids, German Shepard, Malamute, Husky, chow, and their mixes, would make great zoo animals. Perhaps a Cultural Zoo,...with display yards that have signs like Beware of Dog.

Sorry Aaron, didn't see this post until after I made mine. I'll refrain from further dog-matics in this thread. :D

why,...vicious dog ownership is a perfect subtopic for what is, and what is not love,...loving one's neighbor, considering others, etc.

why,...vicious dog ownership is a perfect subtopic for what is, and what is not love,...loving one's neighbor, considering others, etc.

Because Aaron requested it, and I choose to honor his request.

Also, on topic, that Cee-Lo quote is a great take on love. Gnarls Barkley is some good stuff, I like the music. Nice to see such a deep understanding of love from a popular artist.

• Like 1

Because Aaron requested it, and I choose to honor his request.

Also, on topic, that Cee-Lo quote is a great take on love. Gnarls Barkley is some good stuff, I like the music. Nice to see such a deep understanding of love from a popular artist.

From my understanding of English, Aaron said:

can we try and keep this thread's conversation to the quote in the original post? I

Hopefully I've honored that in every post.

Let's review the quote however:

"You are the best. You are the worst. You are average. Your love is a part of you. You try to give it away because you cannot bear its radiance, but you cannot separate it from yourself. To understand your fellow humans, you must understand why you give them your love. You must realize that hate is but a crime-ridden subdivision of love. You must reclaim what you never lost. You must take leave of your sanity, and yet be fully responsible for your actions." -

Why do people, as an example, vicious dog owners, not only block their own love, but block the ability to allow their core love to radiate to others?

Of course, owners of vicious breeds will argue that they do not separate themselves from love, however, how can love radiate through the fear, anguish, need for protection, etc.,...and thus the question, "you must understand why you give them your love" is unanswerable, because they cannot give pure, unconditional love to another, while simultaneously radiating the vibrations of fear, hate, competition, needy protection, aggressiveness to their neighbor.

In my opinion, Aaron needs to be more open about the quote,...and less focused on his "me story" regarding what he believes is permissable in directly discussing the lead topic.

V

In my opinion, Aaron needs to be more open about the quote,...and less focused on his "me story" regarding what he believes is permissable in directly discussing the lead topic.

V

Hello V,

This has nothing to do with a "me story", rather I don't want this to denigrate into mindless bickering. The topic is an important one and viewing love in different ways is important to understanding the full potential within and without. Because there is already a topic about dogs, I don't think there is a need to go into further discourse using it as an analogy or to prove the point about them.

Love is universal. We all feel it and in many different ways. The thing about this quote that I like is that it's got many layers too it and it requires some contemplation to really dig deeper.

If you feel you must bring the dog bickering to this thread, I can't stop you, I was only politely asking that people not bring it here so we can actually dig deeper without the animosity already dug up over there.

Aaron

• Like 2

Hello V,

This has nothing to do with a "me story", rather I don't want this to denigrate into mindless bickering. The topic is an important one and viewing love in different ways is important to understanding the full potential within and without. Because there is already a topic about dogs, I don't think there is a need to go into further discourse using it as an analogy or to prove the point about them.

What could be considered mindless, is restricting a valid example of what love is not, to point to what love is.

I'll let you in on a very despised truth,...when one thing is understood, everything can be understood.

And yes, that most certainly implies, that unless you understand one thing, you understand nothing.

All other inquiries is useless, never fully satisfying, masterbation.

V

"Your love is a part of you. You try to give it away because you cannot bear its radiance, but you cannot separate it from yourself. ... You must take leave of your sanity

If someone thinks about eternal bliss and that threatens to drive him crazy, it is only the mind that reacts like that. The more love you live, the less scary that prospect is to you. Or eternity without love, too. Eternal existence and awareness is maybe the most frightening thing to the mind, but once the mind is tempered with love, it's the most normal thing in the world and not a single stressful thought is formed based on it.

You must realize that hate is but a crime-ridden subdivision of love.

I see hate as fear combined with purpose-giving concepts (=liking). Fear is the habit, hate is the agenda. In a way, you could use the term passion, too.

Edited by Owledge

What could be considered mindless, is restricting a valid example of what love is not, to point to what love is.

I'll let you in on a very despised truth,...when one thing is understood, everything can be understood.

And yes, that most certainly implies, that unless you understand one thing, you understand nothing.

All other inquiries is useless, never fully satisfying, masterbation.

V

I'm not sure how you're doing it, but I'm very satisfied. cool.gif

Aaron

Edited by Twinner

If someone thinks about eternal bliss and that threatens to drive him crazy, it is only the mind that reacts like that. The more love you live, the less scary that prospect is to you. Or eternity without love, too. Eternal existance and awareness is maybe the most frightening thing to the mind, but once the mind is tempered with love, it's the most normal thing in the world and not a single stressful thought is formed based on it.

I see hate as fear combined with purpose-giving concepts (=liking). Fear is the habit, hate is the agenda. In a way, you could use the term passion, too.

Interesting points. Not sure if I agree with you, but I don't need to.

Thanks,

Aaron

I'm not sure how you're doing it, but I'm very satisfied.

Aaron

Ah! So you discovered a fleshlight for you brain? But is that really satisfying,...or just temporary bliss.

Ah! So you discovered a fleshlight for you brain? But is that really satisfying,...or just temporary bliss.

What about the Thai monks and Tiger Temple?

Love conquers all

When the world attains peace the lion and the lamb will lay down together?

A heroic pit bull was hit by a train after putting herself in its path to save her unconscious owner.

Christine Spain was walking home from a friend’s house with her 8-year-old mutt Lilly when she collapsed on some train tracks in Shirley, Boston.

The quick-thinking pooch grabbed the woman and began dragging her toward safer ground, out of the path of an oncoming freight train.

Lilly made it in time to save Spain, who escaped without injury, but at a cost to herself.

The train’s engineer saw the brave dog and tried to stop but couldn’t. Its wheels sliced through her right foot, fractured her pelvis in several places and caused suffered internal injuries, too.

Despite her wounds a blood-soaked Lilly continued to stand guard over Spain until paramedics arrived.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2054235/Pit-bull-given-Neighbour-Of-The-Year-award-saving-life-woman-brain-aneurysm.html#ixzz1uWeTUCFr

+++

Saved by a six-month-old pit bull: Puppy comes to rescue of traumatised war veteran seconds away from shooting himself

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2019089/Puppy-comes-rescue-traumatised-war-veteran-Dave-Sharpe-seconds-away-shooting-himself.html#ixzz1uWdXPsQF

+ many other like stories

amazing / beautiful awe inspiring stories - tales of compassion and love that would put some Buddhas to shame :)

...unless they are Buddhas :D

Edited by White Wolf Running On Air

When the world attains peace the lion and the lamb will lay down together?

A heroic pit bull was hit by a train after putting herself in its path to save her unconscious owner.

+++

Saved by a six-month-old pit bull: Puppy comes to rescue of traumatised war veteran seconds away from shooting himself

+ many other like stories

Agree with you that for every "Bad" Dog Story, there's a "Good" one (if you actually bother to look).

But as there's already a Viscious Doggy thread someplace else, I'm staying out of this, LOL :ninja: :ninja: :ninja: .

Basher

Maybe I should start putting a disclaimer in my subtitle "A discussion excluding dogs."

Aaron