Sign in to follow this  
futuredaze

walking on the path, taking a rest at a tea-house to chat

Hey folks. I'm new here, but have been interested in Taoism and Buddhism for quite some time now. These traditions really help supplement my meditation practice. As someone who is about to graduate college, I will finally have the freedom to spend more energy cultivating my mind and body. This is quite hard in the college bubble of distractions, vices, lots of deadlines, etc. I'm looking into Qigong, meditation retreats, travelling, etc. as ways to cultivate myself.

However, what I need more than anything else, is good community. This forum is a great start. I am happy to be here. :D

Hey folks. I'm new here, but have been interested in Taoism and Buddhism for quite some time now. These traditions really help supplement my meditation practice. As someone who is about to graduate college, I will finally have the freedom to spend more energy cultivating my mind and body. This is quite hard in the college bubble of distractions, vices, lots of deadlines, etc. I'm looking into Qigong, meditation retreats, travelling, etc. as ways to cultivate myself.

However, what I need more than anything else, is good community. This forum is a great start. I am happy to be here. :D

Welcome!

I have started to learn that, in all stages of life, you have a great deal of freedom with regards to how you spend your time/energy. Graduating from college (congratulations, BTW!) is a milestone in the transition between life-stages but (internal & external) distractions, vices, deadlines, etc. don't necessarily vanish when you walk across that platform. :) That's choice is part of the process of self-discovery.

Welcome!

I have started to learn that, in all stages of life, you have a great deal of freedom with regards to how you spend your time/energy. Graduating from college (congratulations, BTW!) is a milestone in the transition between life-stages but (internal & external) distractions, vices, deadlines, etc. don't necessarily vanish when you walk across that platform. :) That's choice is part of the process of self-discovery.

This is refreshing to read. For me, college was an experimental process which I learned a lot from, but also made many mistakes. I am looking forward to "starting fresh" with the insights I have attained. It seems that karma, habits, and even thought-patterns, are directly related to one's environment. So by changing my environment to a less-toxic one, I should experience less resistance - although I'm sure there will be a new set of challenges to face.

Thanks for the congratulations. :lol:

Edited by futuredaze

Sign in to follow this