tulku

I SEE you f88kers now, my animal egos..

Months before, some peeps posted a thread about Carlos Castenada' "Flyers".

I didn't do that much meditating before so the "flyers" in me didn't let me grasp the full meaning of the wisdom in that thread.

But now I SEE.

Don Juan scrutinized my face as if to discover any signs of my disbelief. He said,"Sorcerers say that discipline makes the glowing coat of awareness unpalatable to the flyer. The result is that the predators become bewildered. An inedible glowing coat of awareness is not part of their cognition, I suppose. After being bewildered, they don't have any recourse other than refraining from continuing their nefarious task. If the predators don't eat our glowing coat of awareness for a while, it will keep on growing.

"Simplifying this matter to the extreme, I can say that sorcerers, by means of their discipline, push the predators away long enough to allow their glowing coat of awareness to grow beyond the level of the toes. Once it goes beyond the level of the toes, it grows back to its natural size. The sorcerers of ancient Mexico used to say that the glowing coat of awareness is like a tree. If it is not pruned, it grows to its natural size and volume. As awareness reaches levels higher than the toes, tremendous maneuvers of perception become a matter of course.

"The grand trick of those sorcerers of ancient times was to burden the flyers' mind with discipline. Sorcerers found out that if they taxed the flyers' mind with inner silence, the foreign installation would flee, and give any one of the practitioners involved in this maneuver the total certainty of the mind's foreign origin. The [alien mind control of these creatures] comes back, I assure you, but not as strong; and a process begins in which the fleeing of the flyers' mind becomes routine until one day it flees permanently.

"That's the day when you have to rely on your own devices which are nearly zero. A sad day indeed! There's no one to tell you what to do. There's no mind of foreign origin to dictate the imbecilities you're accustomed to. My teacher, the nagual Julian, used to warn all his disciples that this was the toughest day in a sorcerer's life for the real mind that belongs to us. The sum total of our experience after a lifetime of domination has been rendered shy, insecure, and shifty. Personally, I would say that the real battle of sorcerers begins at that moment. The rest is merely preparation."

Edited by tulku
  • Like 1

You DO know Castaneda was a complete fraud don't you? Instead of liberating other people into greater awareness, he held expensive seminars for a completely made-up energy system and recruited women into a sex-slave cult of his. You might want to do a google search on that and check up a bit more on that. He used to have an honorary doctorate in Anthropology from the university he studied at, but I believe it was quickly revoked when they found out that his books were all made up and that the "Yaqui" shaman tradition was nothing like what he made it up to be, as most of the stories were just fabrications of his and not actually reflecting of their real culture.

• Like 2

You DO know Castaneda was a complete fraud don't you? Instead of liberating other people into greater awareness, he held expensive seminars for a completely made-up energy system and recruited women into a sex-slave cult of his. You might want to do a google search on that and check up a bit more on that. He used to have an honorary doctorate in Anthropology from the university he studied at, but I believe it was quickly revoked when they found out that his books were all made up and that the "Yaqui" shaman tradition was nothing like what he made it up to be, as most of the stories were just fabrications of his and not actually reflecting of their real culture.

Thanks!

Now I know for sure he is the real deal!

I've seen this opinion on the forum a few times now. Having read most of the books, I tend to disagree that it was made up. Also having briefly google searched similar teachers (I think I typed in "nagual"), it seems they teach the same kind of things and didn't learn from Castaneda.

It would be interesting to see a link to a genuine yaqui "shaman", or to know what they're all about...or maybe they haven't been captured in our web yet. :ph34r:

I don't know if he was a complete fraud. Maybe it's just a case of the Universe turning bad into good, but I've interacted with a number of practitioners online who seem to have found a lot of value in his works.

Maybe his symbolical framework was largely invented, but that doesn't prevent it from being effective. The symbol is just a representation or a pointer.

• Like 1

Castaneda was a fraud. Its been proven. He got most of his ideas from research in books and so on. He also had four witches who were his mistresses and dabbled with occult practices that had nothing to do with authentic shamanism.

everybody is a fraud

Try Kundalini Awakening Program(KAP) created by Dr Glenn Morris, or Jeff Primack's system which is great for feeling QI when first starting out, and helped me so so much.

The guys practicing Mark Griff's stuff have good things to say here: http://www.thetaobums.com/index.php?/topic/21460-mark-griffin-and-hard-light-center-of-awakening/

You don't need to worry about frauds.

Months before, some peeps posted a thread about Carlos Castenada' "Flyers".

I didn't do that much meditating before so the "flyers" in me didn't let me grasp the full meaning of the wisdom in that thread.

But now I SEE.

Don Juan scrutinized my face as if to discover any signs of my disbelief. He said,"Sorcerers say that discipline makes the glowing coat of awareness unpalatable to the flyer. The result is that the predators become bewildered. An inedible glowing coat of awareness is not part of their cognition, I suppose. After being bewildered, they don't have any recourse other than refraining from continuing their nefarious task. If the predators don't eat our glowing coat of awareness for a while, it will keep on growing.

"Simplifying this matter to the extreme, I can say that sorcerers, by means of their discipline, push the predators away long enough to allow their glowing coat of awareness to grow beyond the level of the toes. Once it goes beyond the level of the toes, it grows back to its natural size. The sorcerers of ancient Mexico used to say that the glowing coat of awareness is like a tree. If it is not pruned, it grows to its natural size and volume. As awareness reaches levels higher than the toes, tremendous maneuvers of perception become a matter of course.

"The grand trick of those sorcerers of ancient times was to burden the flyers' mind with discipline. Sorcerers found out that if they taxed the flyers' mind with inner silence, the foreign installation would flee, and give any one of the practitioners involved in this maneuver the total certainty of the mind's foreign origin. The [alien mind control of these creatures] comes back, I assure you, but not as strong; and a process begins in which the fleeing of the flyers' mind becomes routine until one day it flees permanently.

"That's the day when you have to rely on your own devices which are nearly zero. A sad day indeed! There's no one to tell you what to do. There's no mind of foreign origin to dictate the imbecilities you're accustomed to. My teacher, the nagual Julian, used to warn all his disciples that this was the toughest day in a sorcerer's life for the real mind that belongs to us. The sum total of our experience after a lifetime of domination has been rendered shy, insecure, and shifty. Personally, I would say that the real battle of sorcerers begins at that moment. The rest is merely preparation."

I think you're subconsciously attracted to Castanada because you both are obsessed with sex. You seem to talk about it all the time, he used his power and influence to enslave his female followers as sex slaves. If he hadn't been found dead, he'd have been charged with kidnapping most likely.

I would suggest looking somewhere else for an authentic system. Castanada (which wasn't even his real name btw) was a fraud and conman. The fact there are people who still believe his BS was authentic shows just how good a conman he was.

Also 20/20 or some major news program did an episode on Castanada and they actually talked to the women in his sex cult. Scary shit. He was apparently a very angry, jealous, and paranoid man.

Aaron

I literally meant everyone is a fraud - myself included.

isn't that why we are here?

to find "no-self"? whatever that is/isnt or both or both not etc

because nothing really exists right? not even this? < this text you are reading... doesnt exist that is why you are reading it. simply stuff really - you don't exist // your pretending to exist - you are a fraud

Edited by White Wolf Running On Air
  • Like 1

I think you're subconsciously attracted to Castanada because you both are obsessed with sex. You seem to talk about it all the time, he used his power and influence to enslave his female followers as sex slaves. If he hadn't been found dead, he'd have been charged with kidnapping most likely.

I would suggest looking somewhere else for an authentic system. Castanada (which wasn't even his real name btw) was a fraud and conman. The fact there are people who still believe his BS was authentic shows just how good a conman he was.

Also 20/20 or some major news program did an episode on Castanada and they actually talked to the women in his sex cult. Scary shit. He was apparently a very angry, jealous, and paranoid man.

Aaron

I already tried to tell him that about Castaneda. I don't think you will get through either, as to quote him..

Thanks!

Now I know for sure he is the real deal!

He seems to be one of these characters who will only have a one sided conversation.

I literally meant everyone is a fraud - myself included.

isn't that why we are here?

to find "no-self"? whatever that is/isnt or both or both not etc

because nothing really exists right? not even this? < this text you are reading... doesnt exist that is why you are reading it. simply stuff really - you don't exist // your pretending to exist - you are a fraud

That makes more sense now that you've explained it. It's still a confusing use of terms, though. Let me bug you with this question, and it's not meant to be inflammatory - how does this information benefit your meditative/qigong/martial practice? Is it akin to "mind of matter" when dealing with difficult situations?

That makes more sense now that you've explained it. It's still a confusing use of terms, though. Let me bug you with this question, and it's not meant to be inflammatory - how does this information benefit your meditative/qigong/martial practice? Is it akin to "mind of matter" when dealing with difficult situations?

It doesnt benefit anything - that I know of / other than I need to find what is real and burn the rest