林愛偉

End of the World? ---(Your Own Creation)

@ Lin Ai Wei

:)

you raised some interesting points - i'd like to share a few of my own views

I have seen great love/compassion emotion + intelligence of the animal kingdom - a lot of animals I would regard as more spiritually/emotionally evolved than humans

I have had the great fortune to grow up with animals and to interact / understand them better + believe them to be great teachers and healers

I would also say the survival of the fittest is true - this in my view would embody wisdom, intellect, love and strength all... these this are survival

animals compete with each other to allow the greatest among them to reproduce which mean that the species as a whole remains strong + smart

survival of the least fit surely cant be true? the weak and stupid to continue the species?

in my view one of humanities problems is that survival of the fittest doesn't play a big enough part... that doesn't mean we destroy each other to find out who is the best/ fittest... but as a whole striving together for knowledge/ wisdom mental + emotional balance and physical fitness/ strength / good health

today i see laziness on all these ^^^^ humanity has become pathetic, such a shame considering the possibilities as a human... gone to waste

+ humanity for the most part have given themselves away, given up their sovereignty / freedom + independence to governments/ corporations + religious organizations < now they are completely manipulated... through mass media / tv/music/radio/books +magazines ?newspapers the collective consciousness is used against itself... humanity has become a slave race / with the wealth (mind,body and spirit) of the people going to a small few at the top of the pyramid

The Earth this day could be a living paradise - we had the technology over 100 years ago... though the slave masters keep it from us... because we have become weak, stupid and allowed this

///

I prefer freedom of mind body and soul in harmony with the Great Tao

Edited by White Wolf Running On Air

When people hold this view of superiority we spoke of earlier in this article, they begin to give out an energetic vibration of suffering, anger, ignorance and hatred. This energy causes an imbalance in the world, thus causing the so-called world disasters spoken of by many sages of our past.

This is slightly true, but I don't think it's that simple...not necessarily such a direct cause an effect. If all people on the earth were perfectly behaved, would there not be earthquakes anymore, for instance? No one knows that...it's just a guess based on the idea that bad energy creates bad results.

The fact is that imbalanced people walk the earth day in day out, and heaven and earth support them in every way possible. If our annihilation were based solely on our actions, we'd all be long gone by now. There is a lot of freedom here.

Also: I look at all of the people in my real life, considering each one. Sure they are not saints...of course they lack awareness in many areas, but they are pretty amazing, in my view. Certainly not power hungry jerks...that type of person is really a minority in the world, I think.

Edited by Scotty

The fact is that imbalanced people walk the earth day in day out, and heaven and earth support them in every way possible. If our annihilation were based solely on our actions, we'd all be long gone by now. There is a lot of freedom here.

This statement I feel is very important. I have heard many refer to this kind of view point, and though it may make sense, we will have to consider that we are not body...solely.

Because we are not body, or any form, we cant be annihilated. Because we hold to the view of us being a body, or any type of form, we experience suffering, or the less dramatic and most accepted...daily happenings that we feel are just not...savory. lol

Our annihilation isn't the "end of the world" ideas of annihilation. It is the further "lowering" of our energy, which in turn just makes for a world of ignorance.

Kind of like that movie "Idiocracy" lol but not so retarded, more like..becoming more and more of the mental slave. Then just more outer manifestations of such a state of mind.

I'm not prophesying, lol... no prophecies from me. Maybe the Celestine Prophecy, as a good foundation builder.

@ Lin Ai Wei

:)

you raised some interesting points - i'd like to share a few of my own views

I have seen great love/compassion emotion + intelligence of the animal kingdom - a lot of animals I would regard as more spiritually/emotionally evolved than humans

I have had the great fortune to grow up with animals and to interact / understand them better + believe them to be great teachers and healers

I would also say the survival of the fittest is true - this in my view would embody wisdom, intellect, love and strength all... these this are survival

animals compete with each other to allow the greatest among them to reproduce which mean that the species as a whole remains strong + smart

survival of the least fit surely cant be true? the weak and stupid to continue the species?

in my view one of humanities problems is that survival of the fittest doesn't play a big enough part... that doesn't mean we destroy each other to find out who is the best/ fittest... but as a whole striving together for knowledge/ wisdom mental + emotional balance and physical fitness/ strength / good health

today i see laziness on all these ^^^^ humanity has become pathetic, such a shame considering the possibilities as a human... gone to waste

+ humanity for the most part have given themselves away, given up their sovereignty / freedom + independence to governments/ corporations + religious organizations < now they are completely manipulated... through mass media / tv/music/radio/books +magazines ?newspapers the collective consciousness is used against itself... humanity has become a slave race / with the wealth (mind,body and spirit) of the people going to a small few at the top of the pyramid

The Earth this day could be a living paradise - we had the technology over 100 years ago... though the slave masters keep it from us... because we have become weak, stupid and allowed this

///

I prefer freedom of mind body and soul in harmony with the Great Tao

:-)

Survival of the fittest for the animals, only because that's in their own nature to be that way. Yet, many have a lot of wisdom completed, and show it humbly. :-)

The Earth is a paradise! We just don't see the beauty because if we did, we would become lazier.. no offense, but I include myself in there. hehe The Vimalikirti Sutra speaks about this.

Shakyamuni Buddha did something really interesting to those who commented to him saying the likes of ,

"Hey man, what's going on here? You became enlightened so...where's your Buddha Land? Is it called Shakyamuni's Buddha Land?"

The Buddha said, "No. Its right here, Earth is my Pure Land."

They said, "Are you kidding me? Earth? This place is full of crazies, full of suffering, and unfairness. The 5 turbidities run free here. There is nothing special about this place"

Buddha put down his foot (something to that effect) and the world, for a split second changed to a beautiful place. Every one was just amazed. Buddha said," I know, isn't it great? Just enough suffering to keep people on their toes. If we showed them the real deal, who would cultivate?" hehe

• Like 1

I have heard many refer to this kind of view point, and though it may make sense, we will have to consider that we are not body...solely.

Because we are not body, or any form, we cant be annihilated. Because we hold to the view of us being a body, or any type of form, we experience suffering, or the less dramatic and most accepted...daily happenings that we feel are just not...savory. lol

I would say that it amuses me each time a body starts claiming it's not a body, but it doesn't. :)

I would say that it amuses me each time a body starts claiming it's not a body, but it doesn't. :)

hehe me too. But the term is only used as a riddle. Taken literally will only cause more views of separation.

The process of breaking the riddle will deem the riddle to be a mere tool, and then useless once its put down.

There is a body, but it is temporary, along with the views we hold. Our constructs of reality are dependent upon

our senses, and the attachments we hold to what they present.

There isn't a body, only because it is impermanent. The "is and isn't" ...is only a provisional teaching to recognize one's own view and habitual thinking. Once it's realized, the provision is left alone, and there is another provision to present. :D

• Like 1

This is slightly true, but I don't think it's that simple...not necessarily such a direct cause an effect. If all people on the earth were perfectly behaved, would there not be earthquakes anymore, for instance? No one knows that...it's just a guess based on the idea that bad energy creates bad results.

Earthquakes would still occur, yet how "deadly" would they be? I am not a Buddha, so I will only speculate based on my baby understanding of cause and effect :D

When there are earthquakes that do not harm living beings, it is because some living being in some world system, or ours, has realized Buddha-hood. When there are earthquakes that bring death, it may simply be the ignorance of those people living in an earthquake prone area... and or earthquakes happening that bring death can also be powerful evil-crazy people, maybe not human :-P, flexing their arms to show what they got. hehe

The Earth will have its changes, some less painful to endure than others. how we deal with it depends on our wisdom.

Maybe? :lol:

@ Lin Ai Wei

interesting story

I wonder what the Buddha would say today?

2500 years later

He would say: "I told you so!"

:lol:

@ Lin Ai Wei

interesting story

I wonder what the Buddha would say today?

2500 years later

In the last 100 years alone 250 million + people have been murdered by their governments conflicts... a large amount of the population goes through tremendous suffering - not just "a little to keep them on their toes"

In my view this is deception - adding to the apathy, adding to self annihilation of humanity

The Buddhist say - Oh we already live in paradise? everyone just buzz out on bliss while your fellow man burns

The Christians say - Oh their is so much evil in the world today, but don't worry just pray - Jesus is going to save us! while their fellow man burns

both are delusional

Gandhi was a spiritual teacher and practitioner and was politically engaged fighting for the rights of his people?

Or how about Krishna? Avatar destroying all the demons?

Christ was also very politically/religiously involved attempting to loosen the chains holding man down

In the last 100 years alone 250 million + people have been murdered by their governments conflicts... a large amount of the population goes through tremendous suffering - not just "a little to keep them on their toes"

In my view this is deception - adding to the apathy, adding to self annihilation of humanity

The Buddhist say - Oh we already live in paradise? everyone just buzz out on bliss while your fellow man burns

The Christians say - Oh their is so much evil in the world today, but don't worry just pray - Jesus is going to save us! while their fellow man burns

both are delusional

Gandhi was a spiritual teacher and practitioner and was politically engaged fighting for the rights of his people?

Or how about Krishna? Avatar destroying all the demons?

Christ was also very politically/religiously involved attempting to loosen the chains holding man down

hehe the Buddhists would say, " The world isn't what we see, yet because of our afflictions, we have manifested suffering; old age, sickness and death. Such an illusion is hard to put down."

Once the afflictions are put down, the "true reality" will appear, simply because it was always here. Its like wiping the eye crispies from the eyes in the morning...lol Then we can see a bit more clearly, and less irritated.

Some go through it worst than others. Unfortunately, these evils exist in our world. Its sad, and depressing. We can change it for our own life, but many must go through it because of their past deeds. I wish it wasn't this way, and no one would need to experience such pain.

Even I went through facing near death, ill health and bad company with poison in what they choose to give me...changing views helped. Not hiding from the "danger" but taking it, and moving past it.

Fortunately I never faced a gun shot, or daily torture.

Some go through it worst than others. Unfortunately, these evils exist in our world. Its sad, and depressing. We can change it for our own life, but many must go through it because of their past deeds. I wish it wasn't this way, and no one would need to experience such pain.

Even I went through facing near death, ill health and bad company with poison in what they choose to give me...changing views helped. Not hiding from the "danger" but taking it, and moving past it.

Fortunately I never faced a gun shot, or daily torture.

Karma is another delusion creating an apathetic self destructive anti compassionate world

all that matters is this, right here, right now - I don't care for imaginary past deeds

I see evil "people" excelling in this world from the suffering of others over life times Ive seen evil family lineages do the same and continue to prosper generation after generation

Karma is a lie

I hear in India generally when people are suffering hurting etc// others just walk by... its their karma to suffer... how sick and twisted...

family friends witnessed a man of the "lower caste" being run over... no one went to help... western tourists went to his assistance...

it was his karma to suffer... what insanity

Karma is another delusion creating an apathetic self destructive anti compassionate world

all that matters is this, right here, right now - I don't care for imaginary past deeds

I see evil "people" excelling in this world from the suffering of other over life times Ive seen evil family lineages do the same and continue to prosper generation after generation

Karma is a lie

I hear in India generally when people are suffering hurting etc// others just walk by... its their karma to suffer... how sick and twisted...

family friends witnessed a man of the "lower caste" being run over... no one went to help... western tourists went to his assistance...

it was his karma to suffer... what insanity

:) Unfortunately there are outcomes for past deeds. Those who are evil and amass a fortune is just their good deeds from the past manifesting. There is no reasoning in Karma. When things are ripe, they manifest, when not, they don't.

Unfortunately, many people misunderstand karma. Just because someone is undergoing suffering, doesn't mean others can not do anything about it. Some people are too afraid to offer their compassion. It is their misunderstanding of karma which leaves them to do nothing. Poor man. He experienced the heaviness of his own problems, and was led to a situation where he was in a position where no one would do anything.

Here and now, isn't here and now. There is no such thing; though we take what we see and experience in the moment as a definitive "present" time. Things are just passing, like clouds in the sky. Compassion and wisdom would lead people to take action in helping others alleviate their sufferings..a little. not many are in touch, or awake enough to let compassion and wisdom lead them.

There are kind people with a great fortune. Yet, those kind people who are poor and suffering...what about them? Either way, evil or kind, rich or poor, at ease, or suffering...this isn't the only world out there. We have all been in several other places before this one. Sometimes, here, Earth, is only a passing grounds for some to get to different places in order to awaken.

:) Unfortunately there are outcomes for past deeds. Those who are evil and amass a fortune is just their good deeds from the past manifesting. There is no reasoning in Karma. When things are ripe, they manifest, when not, they don't.

Unfortunately, many people misunderstand karma. Just because someone is undergoing suffering, doesn't mean others can not do anything about it. Some people are too afraid to offer their compassion. It is their misunderstanding of karma which leaves them to do nothing. Poor man. He experienced the heaviness of his own problems, and was led to a situation where he was in a position where no one would do anything.

Here and now, isn't here and now. There is no such thing; though we take what we see and experience in the moment as a definitive "present" time. Things are just passing, like clouds in the sky. Compassion and wisdom would lead people to take action in helping others alleviate their sufferings..a little. not many are in touch, or awake enough to let compassion and wisdom lead them.

There are kind people with a great fortune. Yet, those kind people who are poor and suffering...what about them? Either way, evil or kind, rich or poor, at ease, or suffering...this isn't the only world out there. We have all been in several other places before this one. Sometimes, here, Earth, is only a passing grounds for some to get to different places in order to awaken.

You know these things for 100%? or are you just mimicking things you have read?

I once believed in karma because I wanted all those who created suffering to suffer equally

does your belief in karma come from hate? as mine did?

I will not wait on the universe to bring balance - I will bring balance here and now in this present in the time on this earth

You know these things for 100%? or are you just mimicking things you have read?

I once believed in karma because I wanted all those who created suffering to suffer equally

does your belief in karma come from hate? as mine did?

I will not wait on the universe to bring balance - I will bring balance here and now in this present in the time on this earth

From my practices, I realized karma isn't something to believe in. Its just the process of our mind, a principle of cause and effect in the relative world.

I realized also that the universe doesn't balance things out for anyone. The universe is just as responsive to us as we are to everything else due to interdependence. This means, everything we experience, everything we think, all of it comes from the mind itself.

Our balancing out our own karma is exactly correct. Only we ourselves can makes things balanced, cleared out. Nothing can do it for us. If some great being were able to take away our negative results, they would have already.

I don't hate. I don't want anyone to undergo any problems what so ever. Nor do I wish my self to experience them; for example: when I investigated my own mind to find out the causes of some of the craziness manifest in my world for several yrs up till last December, I understand that the complexities of cause and effect are way beyond my own minor understanding, if any understanding at all.

What I come to realize is that things out there are much bigger than myself and all the craziness and good that I experienced before. It was a good eye opener, a good teaching, but not pleasant.

It may not be a truth that rings with you. That's all up to you to feel comfortable with. The Buddha did say, if any of what he says makes sense to your own logic and reason, then work with it, if not then leave it alone.