Vmarco

Considering

Would a World at Peace have signs that read "Beware of Dogs," or the ownership of vicious breeds for protection? Besides the non-peaceful vibrations of haunting fear, anger and subconscious aggression towards others that emanates from pet and owner - the protector and the needer of protection - What about the External Considering of the terror inflicted on Others through barking, attacks, and death? In the US alone, nearly 5 million people report being attacked by dogs every year, and 1,000 people go to emergency rooms every day as a result of a dog attack.

Of course the advocates of vicious breeds constantly say, "It's people who make vicious dogs, it's not the breeding." Like Pit Bull advocate Clifford Wright who was mulled to death by his lovng Achilles while watering his garden last week.

Would an Externally Considerate person own a vicious breed? The State of Maryland recently declared pit bulls and pit bull cross-breeds as "inherently dangerous." Interestingly, some data suggests that the State of Hawaii has the largest pit bull and vicious breed population per capita. Paradise takes Kill Haole Day quite seriously, as those familiar with Hawaiian News know.

In the 8th Century, Shantideva said, "All the joy the world contains, Has come through wishing happiness for others. All the misery the world contains, Has come through wanting pleasure for oneself."

Obviously, Shantideva was aware of External Considering.

Wow, even when writing on transgendered people you bring up the dog issue. (there's 2 or 3 threads on it already) I don't see the connection, but I'll go with it.

You earlier wrote that transgendered people are '3X more likely then Blacks to get shot'. I can't help but think if they if they are in such danger, they should buy a big dog. It could save their lives and at least them a better feeling of security. A German shepard would give protection, love and loyalty.

Really, if a transgender person buys a German Shepard or similar large dog, properly trains it, does it automatically make her a 'bad' naive person? You've gone so far to say they'd they'd be 'insane'!? Own a good dog and the rewards are vast, not just safety, but love and loyalty. Dogs save lives, hell having a dog usually increases life span.

You tend to find a single fact then stereotype an entire population.

I don't think you should judge all of Hawaii by a childhood ritual, anymore then judge all of western culture by Halloween. If Hawaii has the largest pit bull population per capita it speaks well of such dogs. Hawaii is prosperous, progressive, lower crime then most states and I believe ranks highest in a recent nationwide Happiness Quotient.

Viva le Hawaii.

Edited by thelerner
  • Like 2

The keynote of Maitreya's incarnation is said to be the Return of the Feminine.

Can anyone of us imagine what this would mean?

Can anyone of us imagine what this would mean?

You mean like a return of more female posters to the T'Bums? That would level the playing field a bit. ^_^

I didn't know some people think Kuan Yin might become Maitreya. That would be awesome, she's my favorite ^_^ .

But as per dog control since Kuan Yin was brought up in the same discussion wasn't Kuan Yin rather well known for subduing monsters and demons and converting them to be monks under her tutelage. At least that's what happened in Journey to the West a hand full of times. I'm just bringing that up because it shows that even if an animal is bred to be dangerous that doesn't mean its beyond redemption.

As to thelerner's comment, having transgenders care for guard dogs wouldn't solve anything really, most attacks on trans that I've read and talked with other transgenders about happen outside usually by a few men, so unless the transgendered individual were walking there dog at the time they'd still be in trouble.

During last years transgender remembrance day I told my best friend, that most attacks happen when by themselves just doing a day to day activity. Her response was, 'well they shouldn't go out by themselves then.' The lack of sense in her answer staggered me. The proposed necessity of having a guard travel with a transgender at all times be it human or animal would only remedy a symptom not the illness and would also hinder the persons ability to live a normal life.

Also without stereotyping too much, most MtF transgenders are not generaly dog people, I myself have a cat and a tortoise not guard animals in any stretch of imagination. While FtM transgenders are often dog people from what I've seen. So who'd be willing to take up the suggestion of having a guard dog might also become affected by the persons preferred gender, to an extent. I personaly feel that while I don't like violence, for at home safety very little beats a baseball bat siting next to the door. I've seen one get used very effectively a few times without it ever needing to be swong.