C T

Bells of Mindfulness

CT - I just wrote out a nice reply to this video, and of course lost the whole thing while trying to post it. Grrrrr...

I loved the video, and I loved her. I believe I'll be buying a gong soon, I haven't had one in a while. The calm alignment of thoughts seems to be a wonderful way to remain in mindfulness; even carrying with us the memory of the sound of the chime is an instantaneous way of realignment when our thoughts get furled.

After doing this for 40 years, I realize that it is possible to achieve the place of detatched hovering, a place of loving connection to everything. This certainly is a blissed-out state, but there is also a slightly less blissed-out state where we can actually function in the world by realizing our Oneness with everyone we come in contact with. This state comes and goes, depending on our adeptness at being in the here and now, and centering our heart in Love toward others (as, after all, they are Us).

The sound of the gong is an undercurrent for this state, as I see it - and most likely a great aid to remaining in the 'loving hover' at all times, optimistically.

• Like 1

Beautiful presentation! Thanks for sharing. A couple of years ago a bowl found me in an antique shop along Ocean Beach in San Diego. Since then we've been getting to know each other. I'm starting to develop a feel in handling the bowl and mallet. This video has shown me some new possibilities.

• Like 1

I just emailed the link to this video to a really close friend who's particularly interested in this Way. I think she'll love it.

I found it very beautiful and very uplifting.

Thank you :D

Edited by gatito
  • Like 1