Spectrum

Looking for Nei Jing Tu: Qing Period Illustration of Inner Circulation

Hi Spectrum,

Here is the same version, but with a nice starry blue background. I got it from Chia's site a few years ago.

Chris

post-41-1163359964_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

I'm in the process of trying to locate an Academic translation source for the poems and text of the Nei Jing Tu. I will post here when I find it.

Ref Thread: http://www.thetaobums.com/Nei-Jing-Tu-t2563.html

So far I have found three non-internet translations of the stele in question dated to 1886 currently housed in the White Cloud Monastery. According to Louis Komjathy of Boston University in a paper entitled "Daoist Texts in Translation", the textual components of the diagram include passages from the Huangting Jing (Scripture on the Yellow Court) and two poems attributes to Lu Dongbin (798 C.E.?)

Translations:

Translated by Catherine Despeux. Taoisme et corps humain: Le Xiushen tu. Paris: Guy Tredaniel Editeur, 1994

-----

Translated by Louis Komjathy "Mapping the Daoist Body: The Nei Jing tu and the Daoist Internal Landscape" Forthcoming

Spectrum

Edited by Spectrum

Its as factual as any interpretation of religious art. Its a pretty famous picture. The above is Chia's interpretation of it through his lense of Healing Tao practice. Here's what another site had to say about it:

The painting, together with the Xiu Zhen Painting, are very important in Tao pursuing process. Some qigong master tell their disciples that when they know all the skills they need the two paintings for direction. They mean this one and the Xiu Zhen Painting. Inner Landscape of Human's Body shows practitioners in a very abstract way of all all necessary points in the human's body and their roles they played in the qigong practice. It is not easy nowadays to get the painting. In fact it is a very eye-catching painting.

If you're asking if Chia's whole system is fact or fiction, well thats another can of worms.

:)

Michael

Its as factual as any interpretation of religious art. Its a pretty famous picture. The above is Chia's interpretation of it through his lense of Healing Tao practice. Here's what another site had to say about it:

The painting, together with the Xiu Zhen Painting, are very important in Tao pursuing process. Some qigong master tell their disciples that when they know all the skills they need the two paintings for direction. They mean this one and the Xiu Zhen Painting. Inner Landscape of Human's Body shows practitioners in a very abstract way of all all necessary points in the human's body and their roles they played in the qigong practice. It is not easy nowadays to get the painting. In fact it is a very eye-catching painting.

If you're asking if Chia's whole system is fact or fiction, well thats another can of worms.

:)

Michael

I know what it is Michael; you seem to be under the mistaken impression that many things are 'open to interpretation.' As for the painting, it's meaning is given in our school as part of the lineage transmission we receive. The above interpretation is totally flawed in so many ways that I couldn't even begin to address them. Good lord, the fantasy never ends!!!

Whatev, S

Sorry you're so exasperated. If you have another understanding of the picture then say it. These posts are about the picture and interpretations of it. Please chime in about the top, bottom or middle. Does your teacher use the picture to explain things?

Michael

Sorry you're so exasperated.

Just amused really.

If you have another understanding of the picture then say it.

Michael

It's just painful (painfully funny) to watch people fumbling around with made up concepts that have no relevance to the actual meaning of the work in question. It's like watching a couple of college students get dressed up like knights in shining armor to go to the library and play Dungeons & Dragons. It's all good fun, but there's always a few who take it too far and start acting like the game is reality.

These posts are about the picture and interpretations of it. Please chime in about the top, bottom or middle. Does your teacher use the picture to explain things?

What would be the point? You can sit here all day and play guessing games and that's not going to bring you any closer to solving it; it's not a puzzle. I know the basic meaning to the first step of the process that is illustrated here, but, even if I explained it, it wouldn't do anyone any good without the technique and method that correspond.

If you want to understand this, you need to meet a person who's accomplished it and stop dreaming.

Just my two cents, S

One thing I can say for sure; this illustration has nothing to do with any of the practices outlined in the Healing Dao system. At least accept that and then maybe you can find some decent commentary that would give you a few clues.

Best, Sean

Based on my experience, I disagree with that statement Smile. I understand that you're not teaching, just sharing :). Me too.

I do think the illustrations are neat, but I can recognize no utility in them for Taoist healing practice.

Hi, xenolith.

Would you mind sharing what you think Chia has mastery of or authentic knowledge of?

Thanks,

max

I don't mind sharing at all Smile. I consider it an act of Love. With respect to the content of Chia's Cultivating Male Sexual Energy, I've found every single thing in it to be factual with the significant exception of the duration of time required to achieve movement of chi to the Ming-Men...Chia says "It may take one or two months for the power to pass the coccyx..." (pg. 127). In my experience, if "one or two months" is changed to "about 10 years", there would be absolutely nothing in that book that has been inconsistent with my experience. I should note that I find it significantly difficult to resolve his reference to the requirement for "10,000 Big Draws" before being able to move chi to the Ming-Men (I'm sorry, I don't have that particular page reference handy...I'll look for it later and edit this post to include it later). That count certainly seems inconsistent with a "one to two month" time frame. Nonetheless, everything else described in that book has been consistent with my experience.

Frankly it's perplexed me ever since I've looked into Taoism beyond my own experience how there could be so many people who found fault with Chia. Frankly^2, that perplexion is part of why I'm here. I don't get it. I do get Chia. Frankly^3, my working hypothesis is that Nan Huai-Chin is right, less than 1 in 10,000 will succeed at seminal retention to the degree required for "enlightenment"...this makes more than 10,000 critics for each fan.

Well, you asked.

Remember, I'm just sharing.

Love.

xeno

Edited by xenolith

like watching a couple of college students get dressed up like knights in shining armor to go to the library and play Dungeons & Dragons. It's all good fun, but there's always a few who take it too far and start acting like the game is reality.
My 9th level paladin is insulted! :angry:

Prepare yourself, man!

;)

I wonder if, at some point, Wang Liping might travel and give short public teachings. Perhaps more like lectures, as I know that his teachings are closed-door. Though I don't feel in a place right now to approach a closed-door relationship, I'd happily pay substantial money to sit and listen to him for a several hour lecture (and perhaps sit :) ).

With respect to the content of Chia's Cultivating Male Sexual Energy, I've found every single thing in it to be factual...

So, what have you objectively achieved? And oh ya, what is the goal of this practice? Hey look, I went 3 months without ejactulating, I get a gold star.

Frankly it's perplexed me ever since I've looked into Taoism beyond my own experience how there could be so many people who found fault with Chia.

It's not your fault that you were fooled; Chia makes the wizard of Oz look like credible. At least the great wizard is handing out brains. :blink:

Keep practicing your penis torture methods, call me in five years and we'll have a little chatski. You can even join the ex Healing Dao Anonymous where we get together once a week and help build back our dignity through the twelve steps. Oh the shame.

In the mean time, rub a couple out; just to remind yourself that you can. You can always earn ejaculation points back.

Seriously though, Chia is the Vanilla Ice of Daoism. In China what he's doing is virtually viewed as criminal behavior and he has absolutely no credibility there. You may be familiar with master Hua-Ching Ni, a taoist practitioner of at least some basic achievement. He wrote several popular works on Daoist cultivation. Anyway, up until the late nineties, his TCM clinic in Los Angels was the recovery center for many Healing Dao casualties. He even became openly critical of Chia because so many people were walking through the doors of his clinic with serious issues.

The sadest truth of all is that Chia never mastered the sexual practices that form the basis of the Healing Dao System. I know what you're thinking,"It's not possible, Chia is a sex god." Jiao Dao Yin, the name for practices that Chia was attempting to duplicate, are a minor Dao practice used to recover Jing. Jing, in terms of actual cultivation, has much less to do with the sex glands or sex for that matter than most know. That's why you can tell a teacher who is full of shit right off the bat when they start talking about jing and sexual essence (unless they are talking about TCM). Which is not to say that some periods of abstenence aren't prescribed; but please don't go five years without ejaculating, pretending to having 'whole body orgasms.'

What people in the Healing Dao are actually practicing is medical Qigong. They might not know it or want to admit it, but it's true. In China these types of exercises are prescribed for older men who suffer from sexual disfunction. For normal, healthy adults the practices carry as much health risk as they do chances of creating health. And they are certainly not going to prolong your life. That's the level of ignorance here in the west. If your Chinese and you say you're a master, who can argue; most of us have nothing to compare it to. I will spare you the stories of Chia's misadventures in China searching for a real master trying to bribe young Daoist monks with beer and cigarettes to give him the sercret methods to immortality.

Throughout the years many senior instructors and former students have related their sad stories to me, enough to write a book really. Anyway, I would look else where. In any case, good luck with your practice. I'm sure there are many members here who would be more than happy to recommend safer practices.

My recommendation is to just go get laid like crazy (without all the simulated seizures) for a few months, just to sober yourself up. Your testicals are not a piggy bank and they're not magic either.

Edited by seandenty

My 9th level paladin is insulted! :angry:

Prepare yourself, man!

;)

You'll have to wait till next week; my mom flushed my weed and I had to pawn my dice for a dime bag... See you in fantasy land. He he he.

I wonder if, at some point, Wang Liping might travel and give short public teachings. Perhaps more like lectures, as I know that his teachings are closed-door. Though I don't feel in a place right now to approach a closed-door relationship, I'd happily pay substantial money to sit and listen to him for a several hour lecture (and perhaps sit :) ).

Basic intro and training 40,000. For you 30,000. Knowing what's what, priceless. And you think I'm kidding? But you never know immortals do make exceptions and are hard to predict; he just might show up in the States and start lecturing again. He did come here several years ago. I'm afraid we may have missed the boat on that one though.

BTW, that's Euros. The U.S. Dollar is shit; thank you George.

Edited by seandenty

So, what have you objectively achieved?

Access to the Tao.

And oh ya, what is the goal of this practice?

Access to the Tao.

It's not your fault that you were fooled...

Maybe you weren't paying attention...what I wrote was

With respect to the content of Chia's Cultivating Male Sexual Energy, I've found every single thing in it to be factual with the significant exception of the duration of time required to achieve movement of chi to the Ming-Men...

IOW, in excess of 99% of what Chia described in Cultivating Male Sexual Energy has been nearly exactly what I've experienced.

Some of what you've stated, I agree with. But most not. Out of courtesy to you I'll refrain from further replying to your comments. I would, however, like you to understand that yours is the kind of negativity that serves to degrade the integrity of this forum. As has been discussed here recently, it is far better to share than to teach. Perhaps you've missed these discussions. Irrespective, allow me to encourage you to reconsider the manner in which you share.

Also, several of your comments reveal that you haven't read posts of mine in which I've shared my experience with SKF. I encourage you to do so, as, if you pay attention, that effort should preclude further ignorance limiting posts. Which will certainly be an improvement.

Love.

xeno

Edited by xenolith