Trunk

DGS's Dizzying DVD Collection

thanks trunk , what about things like the kunlun flying needles and the qigong forms ?

can anyone give any info on the qi gong forms he has on dvd ?

I have the kwan yin but it has never really worked for me , so interested in any of the other qigong forms he has.

Edited by Bruce Qi

On 1/24/2018 at 4:51 PM, Bruce Qi said:

what about things like the kunlun flying needles

I was able to see this one. It primarily has to do with your intuition. You sense the exact thing to do in the moment that the person needs and then do that. At least this was my understanding of it.

• Like 1

On 25. 6. 2014 at 3:26 AM, Trunk said:

DVDS
I've bolded & in-quotes the names as the appear on the dvd.

1."Bagua Circle Walking: Single and Double Palm Chang" (aka "Heart of Bagua")
2."Kwan Yin Magnetic Qigong"
3. "Art of Kuji-kiri in Psychology and Healing"
4. "Wudang Whipping and Vibrating Palm methods"
5. Tea Cups
6. "Bagua Red Lightning Form: 13 Swords, 13 Elbows 2007"

To the Trunk list I would add followed DVD_s:

1. Pancha anga, 5 elements 5 limbed sutra

Five elements postures to open and clear the channels and internal organs. Postures are similar as you can find them in Max book Kunlun. Postures are done in static and dynamic fashion following creative cycle of the five elements. The set especialy dynamic, massages the internal organs and spirals/squeeze the spine from bottom all the way up ...  It generates a lot of power.

2. Ashta anga, The royal Thunder dance

This set is also named a Golden bell (it is really a GOLD). It uses triangular footwork. There are eigth (8 trigrams) basic movements with coresponding zero points. I have done first four movements so far (earth, heaven, water, fire). When you do the movement you put attention on corresponding zero point and then acctually the energy of the point does the movement ... and you fluently move from point to point ... from movement to movement ... It activates the channels ... generates the chi ... and has a martial side too ...

In the past, supposed one movement was shown to the student in three years ... but just a few got a zeropoints along ...

If I understood it rigth it is a before bagua stuff ... so this may be a way to go too ... what is interesting it is "similar" to wing chun movements but done with different engine ... just saying ...

3. Sanjiao qigong

Cultivating three tan tiens. Centering, chi pearl and energizing each tan tien with hand mudras. In the dvd there are shown two ways of doing this, plus how to do it to others with three hand mudras.

I do it usually after finishing with session especially after Kuji Kiri. Simple and powerful stuff.

3. Bonpo sacred toning

Oppening the skull with self massage, oppening and clearing the channels with toning (mantras). Vertical- spine and horizontal- hands ... I havent done this yet much, but I should, lol ...

Si fu Matsuo says it is then done while you do the bagua ...

4. Tibetan bonpo thunder breathing

Simple and really powerfull practice, thunder meditation. Simple visualisation and breathing ... I have done level one so far ...

5.Tibetan vajrasattva/violet sun meditation

Again, simple and really powerfull practice, violet sun meditation. Simple visualisation and mudras ...

Edited by Jox
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Matsuo has been posting several short vids on his FB the past couple of days. Better than crack! Check out the free samples, heheh 

• Like 2

On 1/5/2019 at 12:29 PM, Jox said:

To the Trunk list I would add followed DVD_s:

1. Pancha anga, 5 elements 5 limbed sutra

Five elements postures to open and clear the channels and internal organs. Postures are actually the same as you can find them in Max book Kunlun. Postures are done in static and dynamic fashion following creative cycle of the five elements. The set especialy dynamic, massages the internal organs and spirals/squeeze the spine from bottom all the way up ...  It generates a lot of power.

2. Ashta anga, The royal Thunder dance

This set is also named a Golden bell (it is really a GOLD). It uses triangular footwork. There are eigth (8 trigrams) basic movements with coresponding zero points. I have done first four movements so far (earth, heaven, water, fire). When you do the movement you put attention on corresponding zero point and then acctually the energy of the point does the movement ... and you fluently move from point to point ... from movement to movement ... It activates the channels ... generates the chi ... and has a martial side too ...

In the past, supposed one movement was shown to the student in three years ... but just a few got a zeropoints along ...

If I understood it rigth it is a before bagua stuff ... so this may be a way to go too ... what is interesting it is "similar" to wing chun movements but done with different engine ... just saying ...

3. Sanjiao qigong

Cultivating three tan tiens. Centering, chi pearl and energizing each tan tien with hand mudras. In the dvd there are shown two ways of doing this, plus how to do it to others with three hand mudras.

I do it usually after finishing with session especially after Kuji Kiri. Simple and powerful stuff.

3. Bonpo sacred toning

Oppening the skull with self massage, oppening and clearing the channels with toning (mantras). Vertical- spine and horizontal- hands ... I havent done this yet much, but I should, lol ...

Si fu Matsuo says it is then done while you do the bagua ...

4. Tibetan bonpo thunder breathing

Simple and really powerfull practice, thunder meditation. Simple visualisation and breathing ... I have done level one so far ...

5.Tibetan vajrasattva/violet sun meditation

Again, simple and really powerfull practice, violet sun meditation. Simple visualisation and mudras ...

is there any kind of link to these ? where can i view info on them ?

On 10. 5. 2019 at 12:55 PM, Bruce Qi said:

is there any kind of link to these ? where can i view info on them ?

No, there are no links. For more info you may contact Dragongate Sanctuary  ... ;)

Do anyone practice Wu family snake seated qi gong?

Edited by Jox

As the new year starts, I'm moved to acknowledge those in my life ... and Sifu Matsuo is one of them.

One of the ways I look at Sifu Matsuo's DGS system is a very practical, functional way to address this:

wewantedtobethesky.jpg

During the last few decades, there have been quite a number of teachers in the west who gave *very* high level transmissions (shaktipad and other variations of vajrayana transmissions) to tens of thousands of people... opening up many, many people.  And so, a barrier was crossed, a step was made: Those who were yearning for deep spiritual experience got it.  And, yet, the teachings on how to functionally integrate higher levels of energy/consciousness have been mostly missing (or so confused, or full of half-truths, as to be actually dangerous, counter-productive).

I see Sifu Matsuo's system as a huge remedy for the above.  Either functionally integrating higher states, or integrating yourself properly in preparation for, and development of integrating such states.  Amazingly well taught, with the right tips, deeply principled.

And so, my hat's off to Sifu Matsuo ... and to all who make such quality contributions to culture.

- Trunk

p.s.

getting started page with his system: 

http://alchemicaltaoism.com/DGSReviews.htm

Edited by Trunk
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Zorro Dantes said:

Kuan Yin and Kuji Kiri....but hmmm... me thinks you just shed light on something i should investigate....thank you jox;)

Great! DGS has a lot of Kuji Kiri dvds, I recommend them highly.

Regarding Kuan Yin, there are actually two sets sifu Matsuo teaches. One is moving set/form aka spiritual kung fu/qi gong form and other is sitting qi gong (KYMQG).

• Like 2

Sacred energy maps is a DVD where sifu Matsuo explains the energetics in detail (I have part one, part two is on my list.).

Bringing together chakras, extra channels, meridians ... Which tool opens/works on specific chakra and coresponding channel and much more ... Everyone studying with DGS should have it.

Edited by Jox
  • Like 2

Taoist five elements qi gong dvd is about to clean and balance five internal organs. Simple movements to reset your internal organs and meridians ... 

• Like 2

Personal mandala dvd.

In the first part sifu Matsuo teaches how to use Tibetan chimes and Tibetan bell and how it works. In second part he  teaches how to "set up" your inner space/energy for meditation: grounding, aura field, protection and tools of transformation and last part how to create your own personal mandala.

Edited by Jox
  • Like 2

Iron shirt shen gong dvd. I havent begun with iron shirt yet, but second part of the dvd is shen gong, which you can do with the circle walking, single palm change ... It is about projecting your shen/chi out & in from different angles, different qulites of chi ...

Edited by Jox
  • Like 2

I'd say that, for most people, they need 1 or 2 very simple practices that are effective and just go deeper and deeper over the years.

... even for spiritual-nerd-maniacs (which probably most of the people on this discussion board are), you need really simple things, basics, to come back to when you're not in gear for wildly aggressively exploring.

A couple of suggestions along this line:

1. Following the breath.  Uniting breath and attention is the foundation that everyone gets taught in every meditation hall everywhere.

2. Hands' Sphere Qigong (very simplified version of KYMQ).

This is so amazingly effective and so very simple, the simplest version you could teach it to a friend (who has no prior experience) in 2 minutes - and they get *palpable* results in that two minutes!!!  and that's why I wrote this: Qi Sphere Beginning.  It is a free and functional small most basic piece of KYMQ.  I would suggest it to anyone who is considering buying KYMQ, that they try this small piece and get comfortable with it before diving deeper into all of the details and variations that are in the KYMQ video.  People often get overwhelmed by all of the material in the video and bail out completely.  The most basic is functional in itself, is very small and easy to learn ... is *very* effective and goes endlessly deep.

my two cents,

Keith

• Like 3

Pardon me for being redundant, but I also find that it is helpful for students to learn one finger-knitting mudra first.  To someone who is just being exposed to them, doing the full kuji-in (nine mudras) is just overwhelming.  Maybe not for all you guys, but certainly it was for me, at least.  They were so strange ... I really had to work to figure out how to get into even one of the nine ... then, as soon as I was out of the mudra I was still almost entirely baffled how to get back into it again.  Nine of them???  F###!  I got through it, but jeez!  If you are new to finger-knitting mudras, I suggest that you hang out with just one or two and enjoy them for a while.  (For a week, anyhow.)  Then, when you’re ready, take up the kuji-in.  You’ll be better primed and it’ll be a funner ride.

Sifu Matsuo has been generous enough to put a couple of mudras up on youtube for free.  Here’s an excellent one.

And here’s a little essay I wrote that has that one above, and another of his.  Enjoy.

https://johndaoproductions.wordpress.com/2018/03/22/finger-knitting-mudras-part-1-of-2/

- Trunk

• Like 2

On 2/1/2020 at 11:11 AM, Jox said:

-

Jox,

Oh, hey, I was gonna answer later... here I am.

Just an old lazy ass dilettante these days, never know when I'm gonna get to it...

I think you asked about the vibrating/whipping palms video.  The one that I'm familiar with - which I think is the foundational one in the DGS system(?, but I'm pretty sure) is this, video promo below:

Description (copied from the youtube description):

Wu family Wudang Baguazhang
Snake Vibrating Palm set (8 movements) and
Dragon Whipping Palm set (another 8 movements).
develop the essence of fajin.  It is more than  shaking, it is frequency....
Full 1.5 hr instructional video available
$108.00 paypal direct from wu lao xie at [email protected]

It is sold as one video, but has two distinct parts (1. vibrating, 2. whipping) within it.

I've forgotten, what was your other question?

- Keith

Edited by Trunk
  • Like 1

Hi Keith,

I figured it out. In one website it is named Snake vibrating palm qi gong and  the dvd is named Snake vibrating palm. I thought they may be different sets, but are not. The same goes for The dragon vibrating palm.

After "basics" there is also Vibrating palm form.

Edited by Jox
  • Thanks 1

On 23. 9. 2017 at 3:08 PM, Jox said:

Just got Five elements medical qi gong, tibetan mudras. Interesting, this set, actually part of this set is thaught in KunLun system by Max in his book, it is known as Maoshan five elements zhang zhuan- five elements static postures. Now, Lao Xie teaches it in standing still and holding postures, then standing still and doing postures in dynamic order and walking in circles while doing dynamic movements. Movements are connected to breath, really to stretch the body, hands, legs and spiral/wrap the spine from bottom up to the neck ... Highly recommended  :) +++++  

I can correct my post now. Actually the five postures are not from Maoshan, but are from Tibetan shamanic Bon "I think". Just saying, lol ...  ;)

Edited by Jox
  • Like 1

On 3. 1. 2015 at 3:40 AM, Trunk said:

p.s.

Wing Lam martial arts supplies sells several straight-swords that meet the specs described in Sifu Matsuo's video

Which sword exactly do you guys recommend? Any other links like Amazon ...?