Trunk

DGS's Dizzying DVD Collection

Secrets hidden in the 100 syllable purification mantra

(didn't come with a cover)

1 hrs 40 minutes

first 30 minutes preview:

vajrasattva mantra, stripped off religious aspects, teaching in the Wu lineage that Lao Xie teaches in

includes translation and deeper explanations of meanings

explains function of tingsha and vajra bell

includes transmission through bell

talks about elimination of desire, opening heart, wuji, zeropoints, maya

explains how to work with tailbone and forehead and central channel and sound/vibration

doesn't include violate sun vajrasattva meditation nor mudras, vajrasattva mudras from him can be found on

Edited by Leif
  • Like 2

I'm interested in their qigong and silk reeling dvd's...

omg omg must buy them all

Any opinions/reviews? :)

imho, the two dvds (qigong and bagua) that I describe on my DGS page are foundational to that system, maybe all you'd ever need, or - if you're an internal arts nut - at least a good start. ;)

Edited by Trunk
  • Like 1

Been looking for the "heart of bagua" dvd all over the net and cant find it to purchase any where ?

Anyone know where you can get it from ?

Info here, ordering info at bottom of page.

p.s.

"Heart of Bagua" is a nickname for the dgs dvd actually entitled, "Bagua Circle Walking: Single and Double Palm Change".

Edited by Trunk
  • Like 1

Thanks guys , much appreciated ,

yeah I would rather download , so you have to email him to order ?

seeing the description on that site , I was wondering what this is ?

"Dragon stance pulsing qiqong"

sedona_cover.jpg

8 Energy Set - Bagua Zhang "Awakening the Dragon Within"

"One of the main benefits is moving the lifeforce through the chakra system and activating the eight psychic channels."

- 28 minutes in total, produced in 2001, 20 minute is the main content, very light on talk and explanations, goes over the form at least 6 times

- 8 palm postures while walking the circle, each while centering your energy in corresponding chakra, also mentions the channel activated

- sacral pump walking

IMHO: Likely a very foundational set from a point of view of an experienced practitioner, but it doesn't cover any foundational basics of bagua zhang. Still it can likely be practiced by someone who has no bagua specific basics as a moving meditation - it mentions as possible using normal walk, or even using sacral pump walking whole set, instead of mud stepping. Ba Gua Circle Walking Nei Gong book by Tom Bisio covers about the same postures (but doesn't cover chakras, sacral pump walk, also in video you can watch smooth transitions between postures).

Here is an official description taken from elsewhere, but I believe it covers same DVD:

Bagua%208%20energy%20Qigong%20set.jpg

"Bagua 8 energy Qigong set. This form was Proffessionally filmed with Christopher Lee Matsuo & Kahuna Mark Saito by Chen Pi Enterprises for Huna and Warrior training seminars (also for the 9 gates mystery school) There is much detail in both skill and knowledge.

Fuse the body to the chakra system.

Each posture strengthens the body's physical frame with a chakra Each step aligns the body with the centripital, centrifugal forces, expansion and contraction and the center of the circle (true polestar stepping) (pole star stepping has to do with the body as the dragon or big dipper circling the pole star.) Each posture seamlessly transforms to the next posture.

Develops amazing balance and internal power.

This is the foundational set of which the power of the bagua is based at the chakras or zero points of the body.

Sacral pump footwork is utilized for maximum chi flow and to develop whipping strikes of the knee, toe and heel.

(this video shows 2 types of footwork to choose from for levels of difficulty) This form takes an hour to do, but is totally worth it."

Edited by Leif
  • Like 4

just been looking over the kwan yin qi gong ,

so when you get to the expansion and contraction of your hands / qi ball

do you stop moving the spine in the circular motion ?

or do you keep the circular motion going all the way through ?

wish he would have did one full round so we can see it all in one

• Like 2

Well I have paid for the Bagua Circle Walking: Single and Double Palm Change

in a download format , well I asked for a download , the reply was very , er , short and scattered ,

bit worrying when your handing that much cash over !

• Like 1

Well I have paid for the Bagua Circle Walking: Single and Double Palm Change

in a download format , well I asked for a download , the reply was very , er , short and scattered ,

bit worrying when your handing that much cash over !

next time you speak with him , ask who Shania is? haha

• Like 2

Wudang Kunlun flying needles medical qigong dvd

Any one have experience of this ?

Sounds intriguing :-)

• Like 1

I have always wanted it. And yes in Kwan Yin at one point one is undulating and spiraling all at one time, hehe. look into the tuina stuff too. alot of internal applikations therein.

I have never seen that eight energy set available before.

I kan't rekommend Heart of Bagua enough! Yo, Zero I always say Shania! lol

Edited by spiraltao
  • Like 2

re: KYMQ, parts... Here's a quote (that I still stand by) from the DGS link in my signature line:

Don't overwhelm yourself by trying to learn it all at once; don't rush beyond the pace of your own process. Just like learning anything with a number of parts: Practice small managable pieces, either exclusively or by emphasis, within a single session. Gradually over time your skills will build and you'll become fluent with more of the whole.

Here's a KYMQ thread here at TTBs. It's a practice that, if you just give it time to develop, can go a lot of places ... I eventually went to various places with it that weren't in the dvd (some noted in that thread). I find that *any* practice around hand energetics, that I've since tried from other systems, I've been much better oriented due to KYMQ.

I kan't rekommend Heart of Bagua enough!

Yup.

As I say in my dgs signature link, I'd start with both:
1. KYMQ
2. Heart of Bagua (aka, "Bagua Circle Walking: Single and Double Palm Change")

I'd also add the Kuji-in mudras and you can get started with those for free on wikipedia. They complement this work beautifully, ime. Sifu Matsuo has videos on Kuji, and some people love them, but I found that the wiki article is enough to get started and all you really need for that is the hand positions (I don't do the mantras, just the hand positions).

With those 3 things, you'd have plenty to work on for several years (or forever, depending on what your hunger level is). It's been between 2-3 years and there's still a lot that I've to learn from the bagua dvd. When you find practices that tap into primary principles, they go endlessly deep. With KYMQ, I feel I'm comfortable with the pieces and I can continue deepening. With Heart of Bagua, there are still pieces that I've not even learned to comfort yet. I latched on to just several pieces of that dvd and made them my main practice for a long time.. lots to develop.

I know that this stuff wasn't available way back when, but... If I'd bought those in the 80's when I got into this stuff, it would've saved me many thousands of dollars in searching, tremendous amounts of energy put into debugging less effective approaches, injuries and recovering from injuries from poor practice ... the list goes on. I can say from involvement with *very* high meditation schools that the above approaches will help develop you physical and energetic bodies so that you can better withstand - and integrate in a healthy fashion - high end transmission. A lot of schools are giving out very high end transmissions these days and it's difficult to find a system of practices that allows your body to really deal with that... Sifu Matsuo's approaches are *very* helpful that way, imo... though I haven't heard him talk about it that way, it's my experience. His practices build the right things, slowly, structurally, in many different ways.

Sorry to be verbose.

/rant off

- Trunk

Edited by Trunk
  • Like 5

Dizzying is right.

The array of formal practices available, and the sources of information.

I find I naturally do movements and actions, even quite complicated things over long periods of time, ritualistic things, exercises, all sorts of things.

But I just end up doing them.

It's difficult to explain.

I wonder now though, whether to investigate one of these formal sets of traditional movements and practices.

In the spirit of disinterested scientific enquiry, to observe the effects.

I would invite comments, advice and speculation.

• Like 1

Sifu Matsuo uses a dance analogy in the KYMQ dvd, which I think is apt, and I'll give my own version of it...

It's fun to improv dance. We all do it (I do it, and love it, and am often surprised at what comes through)... it's experimental and developmental, but it's not everything. Compare dance to:
- just flailing around.. there's a big difference between even improv dance and just flailing around (and even just flailing has some place, but it doesn't have the structure of dance).

- then compare amateur improv dance to someone who is professionally trained, say a ballerina (or any other variety). You're *not* going to become a professional ballerina just messing around.

Now, here's the kicker: In the esoteric internal arts there is no limit to the depth of power that you can access, gradually over a life time. Deeper and deeper, more and more profound stronger energies over time, and at certain points major jumps in amperage. Once you start getting into higher levels, if you're just messing around, you can get really f###ed up. It's like a sail boat with weak unorganized mast, rigging, sails... it's fun to go out on the small local lake with that, no problem. ... but at some point, if you keep this up over your life (and if you seek out teachers), you're going to get gail force winds that you'll be expected to receive, use, integrate skillfully... if all you have is that little improv boat, you'll end up a wreck.

Learning structure from an authentic system is important.

• Like 5

Yes.

I spent some time learning from Sifu Lam Kam Chuen.

On one occasion he said to us, "You do it wrong - in ten year everything fall down" (sic)

I had a strong sense that "everything fall down" was a rather unpleasant experience that should be avoided.

• Like 4

I had a strong sense that "everything fall down" was a rather unpleasant experience that should be avoided.

Yes.

.. and very difficult to find *any*one, *any*where, to help you with repair... and *if* you can find someone, the repair process is long. Sifu Matsuo's teachings, methods, system is the best, by far, that I've found that would help you avoid the wreck in the first place, and help you repair if you're in need of repair.

(I'm not saying there aren't other resources, and that various systems/teachers don't have important parts to offer... obviously I can't have studied with everyone, I'm just one person... I'm speaking from my own experience.)

• Like 3

Once you start getting into higher levels, if you're just messing around, you can get really f###ed up. It's like a sail boat with weak unorganized mast, rigging, sails... it's fun to go out on the small local lake with that, no problem. ... but at some point, if you keep this up over your life (and if you seek out teachers), you're going to get gail force winds that you'll be expected to receive, use, integrate skillfully... if all you have is that little improv boat, you'll end up a wreck.

Thanks for the advice.

The thing is, Trunk, that my own improvised spiritual practices have proved, lets say, extremely effective.

The Way is revealed in the action of Life itself.

All of life is an initiation process, from one "level" to another.

Skilful means are worth meditating upon.

Sometimes I think my "improv boat" is the most effective "system" on earth.

But it was kinda unique to my life, so I don't see how it could be systematised.

• Like 2

One thing I learned long ago on the internet forums:

No one person can cover all the legit angles in a conversation; it's just not possible. If you get half a dozen (well spoken intelligent) people, each giving *completely* different angles of a topic ... well, it's really valuable. ;)

I'm just one guy. :)

• Like 7