Sign in to follow this  
gramp

Hi !... from gramp

First, let me thank those that created this site and those that maintain it.

Okay, a wee bit about me:

* I learned about this forum last year after googling "Mo Pai Nei Kung John Chang". (Absolutely fascinating if it's real. I've witnessed some unusual things, but not those types of repeated demonstrations for cameras and audiences. Almost all of the things I witnessed were unexpected, and were a response to some danger or anger.)

* I've learned a wee bit about Qigong -- haven't practiced it much, but do use the breathing skills daily. Even that small exposure seems to have helped my medical condition... 11 years ago, almost died from pancreas. After the hospital bill ($20,000), and the doctors' prognosis of death, I felt I needed to find a (lower cost :) ) second opinion. Got a mailing from learning strategies about a spring-forest qigong, and thought I'd test it out. Seems to have worked: I'm still alive, and don't take any medication now. I've changed my attitude a little and watch what I eat. I follow a daily practice of breathing and occasionally practice small-universe meditation.

* I'm fascinated about the Chinese language forum. About 20 years ago, I knew a wee bit about Japanese, and still have my Kanji dictionaries. Is there any similarity between the Kanji character set and the ancient character set used during time of Confucius and LaoTze (about 600 to 400 B.C.) ?

Thank you!

It's been a pleasure to read all your posts! Please accept my apology in advance for not posting much (it's because I don't know much and can't add to the discussion), and for posting stupid assertions and questions (because I don't know much and can't add to the discussion). :)

Thanks! :)

Edited by gramp

Hello and welcome!

I am not sure about the Kanji

dont worry about not knowing much

no one here knows much anyway

what is there to know?

have fun!

Welcome! BTW, don't listen to zyx321, he's a fool. (Or is that a she? I get confused...)

Hello and welcome!

I am not sure about the Kanji

dont worry about not knowing much

no one here knows much anyway

what is there to know?

have fun!

Thank you for the greeting! I love your signature... reminds me of my exploration. :)

Authentic lineage holder of the "Make It Up As You Go School of Immortality" (MIUAYGSOI - for short)

Welcome! BTW, don't listen to zyx321, he's a fool. (Or is that a she? I get confused...)

:D

Silly me... I went to look up "zyx321" to see what they said or did. Duh! I forgot I started it as a fictitious user ID. :D

Thank you for the greeting!

Sign in to follow this