KungFuPanda

KUNLUN NEIGUNG METHOD

Hi, I want to start practice Kunlun Neigung but can't find the methods anywhere. I'm willing to buy the book but can't find the English edition available. As far as i'm aware, there are 3 levels and consists of different postures. Can any Tao Bummers point me to where i can find the methods of Kunlun Neigung or post the methods here?

Edited by KungFuPanda

The new kunlun book (by way of www.theprimordialalchemist.com) is supposed to drop any day now.... If you're curious, just email Diana through the above site and she'll be able to fill you in.

Yes, the basic kunlun 1 pose can indeed be learned through Jenny Lamb (as Max initially learned it from her) ... but its worth learning it through Max (if you're interested in pursuing Kunlun as a system), as he presents the practice in such a way that it marries beautifully with the other core kunlun practice, red phoenix...

And the other two poses that you mentioned were indeed once part of the system Max was utilizing, but he has since moved away from them... Now kunlun, at its most basic, revolves around the kunlun 1 pose and Red Phoenix (which must be learned through Max or the facilitators listed on the primordial alchemist website..)

The most casual of searches on kunlun and max through the taobums archives will quickly reveal how polarized public opinion is on max/kunlun..... sidestepping all of that drama, I can say that I've been practicing sincerely for two years, have met Max once (and will see him again on halloween ^_^) , and have nothing but the highest respect for him and kunlun... I had previously devoted a considerable amount of time to both zazen and then Spring Forest Qiqong but it's kunlun that continues to resonate so properly/perfectly/beautifully.. which is not to say that it will for you.. but give it a go, and give it time.

balance. :)

• Like 3

Jenny Lamb taught the Yigong level 1 to Max who then changed it's name to Kunlun and then he added Red Pheonix. I only experimented with Red Pheonix a few times but it felt too contrived to me so I didn't like it, but as far as my understanding goes the basic level 1 Yigong/Kunlun method is all that beginners need for six months to a year.

I just received my DVD (arrived yesterday).

It's very well produced. No spontaneous movements yet but it is only the 2nd day of practice!

EDIT: Jenny Lamb Yigong DVD that is...

Edited by jeffrito

I just received my DVD (arrived yesterday).

It's very well produced. No spontaneous movements yet but it is only the 2nd day of practice!

EDIT: Jenny Lamb Yigong DVD that is...

I'm no instructor but in the beginning I made my legs vibrate a bit on purpose with my own will, then the vibration took over by itself without me doing it. Take it easy though it can be powerful.

• Like 1

I'm no instructor but in the beginning I made my legs vibrate a bit on purpose with my own will, then the vibration took over by itself without me doing it. Take it easy though it can be powerful.

After reading this I just tried it again and willed myself a little for my legs to tremble.

I did get some really big movements but I couldn't work out whether I was doing consciously doing them or not. I could certainly will myself to stop.

Wow, really interesting though.

There are 3 somewhat varying presentations of this practice (that I know of). Max and Jenny have already been mentioned. Chris Matsuo's version is called Kwan Yin Magnetic Qigong (KYMQ) (link, link). Different people find just-what-they-need in different places. :)

There are 3 somewhat varying presentations of this practice (that I know of). Max and Jenny have already been mentioned. Chris Matsuo's version is called Kwan Yin Magnetic Qigong (KYMQ) (link, link). Different people find just-what-they-need in different places. :)

I did consider these but ultimately the price of the DVDs put me off. Maybe something for the future though...

Have you stayed with that KYMQ, Trunk? I recall stumbling upon some of you're earlier posts when you yourself had just found the practice and I'm curious if you've kept it real?

balance.

Edited by balance.

Take it eaaaaaaaasy with Kunlun.

Don't rush it. It simple to do but very powerful.

A friend of mine in Beijing I showed the practice to practiced once and started experiencing all kinds of things. She became uncomfortable. I showed her Jenny's DVD and explained that you shouldn't attach to different phenomena. Basically approach it the same way you would cessassion contemplation practice.

If you don't already have a basic emptiness/cessation contemplation practice I would do that for awhile before doing Kunlun.

See meditationexpert.com, Adyashanti.org, Eckhart Tolles stuff, Zen etc for that.

Good wishes

ps. even though I have been doing this practice for almost 5 years I very regularly take extended breaks. Weeks and even months off sometimes.

• Like 1

I've read a lot about Kunlun in the last month. All the videos that I read about - which had people both arguing and excited seem to be gone. I want to see one. Are their any links?

"Max has been on public radio interviews abroad, examined by the scientist of Beijing psychic research institute in China on the positive effects of this unique system"

Does anyone know what the conclusions of these tests are or know if it is published anywhere ?