3bob

Yogiraj SatGurunath Siddhanath

Anatta is what Vedanta refers to as jiva. It is not the True Self. The practice is very simple. Ask yourself "who am I?" And then use your mind to trace back to the source from where both the question and the answer arise.

I don't trust vedanta: it looks like a fake spirituality based on philosophical talks.

Gurus use to minutely describe what you're about to find in your spiritual quest, thus preventing you from discovering entirely different truths.

In fact, this is pretty much the Hua t'ou meditation practice of Ch'an buddhism. The only difference being that in Buddhism, you rely on the question to develop a strong feeling of doubt and settle the mind in that. It's not used to discover a self by mean of reflective thinking, but to stop the mind and prepare oneself to experience reality as it is.

Is your Kriya yoga blessed/empowered by a satguru or another advanced being? That's a big part of it being successful.

Let's define "advanced" as one who is good enough to make money from that. Then I reply yes.

Thus to me having an agnostic like approach to certain matters has value and may end up giving results beyond doubt, beliefs or non-beliefs that we may have (previously) set in stone.

This isn't hard to believe: it seems that nowadays people get results from almost anything, from Rael the E.T.'s prophet to the russian reincarnation of Jesus Christ.

To Pilgrim and Cat,

In regard to Gurunath's Kriya

I have been as skeptical as the next skeptic. I have been as skeptical as you, likely. Do I care about that trait? Not really, it is utterly unimpressive. It is not hard to see that it seems people can get results from almost anything, and so that fact should make us quite suspicious. The scientific community often tests medicines against placebo, of course there is more reasoning. Again, I have seen the movie Kumare. Look it up, then you will realize why I am name dropping that. It is very relevant. I have heard much about how many frauds there are.  Even IF just 1% of the alleged frauds were frauds, it would be shocking. I don't blame you for being suspicious in a world of many frauds, as I am just sure there are. But sometimes someone or something does come along that is genuine, and you have to have less ego blocks to realize when that comes along and to not fight against it.

Yes people can get some results from fraudulent things. Kriya yoga is so powerful that it can be seen as well beyond that field.

Sometimes our consciousnesses/lives really do cross paths with a genuine spiritual practice. For me kriya yoga has been exposed as a very advanced practice. It really is the lightning path, I've seen. It is called the lighting path cause of its nature. Voltage, nervous system, the powerfulness, the speed, etc.  To get beyond the subconscious to get to the soul. I was as skeptical of it as the next person, how could something like kriya be legitimate? Honestly kriya yoga sounds &^%$ing ridiculously fraudulent to me. It sounds so fraudulent to my logical mind.  But despite that I was guided to it, my heart sees what my brain fails to accept. Nothing can be said to someone caught up in belief and disbelief to change their minds cause they are in a place of rigidity. The brain is an organ that just is not capable of addressing kriya yoga. If you are interested in truly seeing it, consider if moving into your heart would assist in seeing if it is genuine or not. Kriya yoga has been intensely more powerful than the category you are describing where "nowadays people get results from almost anything".  I've extensively tried different techniques that are all over the scale of being successful or not. Kriya yoga breaks through what I thought was possible on that scale, it surpasses. But of course I enjoy other genuine practices and get results from other genuine practices. I've experienced and witnessed what you are referring to (nowadays...etc) and kriya yoga is not that. My brain cannot address kriya yoga, but it sees proof/evidence. I am still surprised still about how intensely powerful kriya yoga is, and I have been experiencing kriya yoga for months. You haven't even done his kriya, and even if you did you would have to be patient. That's just ignorant. So I am not even saying this for you, I am saying it for other people that might be skeptical too and follow your bad suggestions

I do not want to describe "advanced" like you did. I am discussing genuinely advanced satgurus and genuinely advanced others (spiritually). I was discussing how to experience the lightning path, it is necessary you must be empowered by a genuine satguru. 
Then you basically said it is possible that you have not been empowered under a real satguru which means you have no genuine sight of kriya yoga.

Sometimes humility should take the place of arrogance, and we should soften our heart/mind (in my opinion).

In regard to Gurunath

I tend to be quiet about what I experience. I do not even like to share what I experience to those close to me, even close to me in spiritually adventuring.
 I will attest to four impersonal experiences in that other people have experienced it too. It is really public.

1) One thing that shows me he is a genuine satguru is that my kundalini kriya yoga really is empowered. My life/consciousness/karma/etc makes that very visible. It is hard to put into words, so I am not really trying to.

2)He transmitted his soul consciousness and I witnessed a glimpse of his witnessing. WOW, is all I will say. Again, hard to put into words so I am not going to try.

3)One thing that shows he is at least a siddhi is that I personally experienced him breathing through my breath (intensely). It was obvious that happened, but again it is hard to describe.

4)One thing that shows he has siddhis is that I personally experienced his shivapat changing of the faces.

Actually I will vaguely describe one personal experience.
1) I was doing his omkar kriya, and the shaktipat allowed me to glimpse immortal self within. More occurred during that time and words will fail. But an example of other things I experienced was glimpsing the astral chakras and what they really are.

Of course there is much much much much much more that has occurred through him and I. I am being purposefully vague.  If you naturally want to argue against this, just know that is my reasoning for not saying more. Your arbitrary, doubting brain will mechanically continue on doubting no matter what because it is below the level of real thinking. And I am not under a pretense I can silence such a poor faculty in someone else and help them transition to a higher state of thinking.  I am not advanced. This is for other people who are curious about him. And if you are one of them just know I am leaving stuff out.

Why would I cast what is sacred to myself to such a crude level?

So I am being very vague, believe it or not.
 I do not feel motivated to share any more about my direct experiences with him.

Anyway, he has apparently shared he is not taking any new students (people have allegedly been his students through past lives). So if you are not in resonance with him that could be very meaningful/purposeful. He is advanced enough to put a veil over himself so people that are not supposed to arrive to his satsangs and kriya empowerments won't. That is a siddha, It really is. Satgurus have considered it very necessary to magnetize certain people away from themselves and to themselves. And I am sure is very easy for him. For them, that is like as easy as moving your body is for you.

I see genuine awakening simply as being really sobering from delusion/mental illness.

Edited by mystery
  • Like 1

I don't trust vedanta: it looks like a fake spirituality based on philosophical talks.

Gurus use to minutely describe what you're about to find in your spiritual quest, thus preventing you from discovering entirely different truths.

In fact, this is pretty much the Hua t'ou meditation practice of Ch'an buddhism. The only difference being that in Buddhism, you rely on the question to develop a strong feeling of doubt and settle the mind in that. It's not used to discover a self by mean of reflective thinking, but to stop the mind and prepare oneself to experience reality as it is.

CC,

You are free to believe what you want. Those of us who live the teachings of Vedanta don't need your seal of approval ;)

• Like 1

it seems some people want to impose their ignorance/limits on such subjects as if their ignorance/limits really do define/represent such subjects

Newsflash the ignorance is just that, ignorance

and it will never be able to have a clear sight about any subject

It is ignorant!

often such subjects are vaster than people currently realize

Edited by mystery
  • Like 1

Thank you for sharing what you felt comfortable with, the vagueness speaks volumes you have a legitimate practice, it is obvious, and I am pleased to receive real testimony concerning your gurudev.

• Like 2

Thank you for being accepting pilgrim. And not being harsh to me.

I'm sorry if I came across bad in ways. I'm not a great writer, but it's all in the spirit of not caring about offending someone's pride.

But still I care.

Idk just sorry if I came off badly.

Edited by mystery
  • Like 2

I just see pride as a big block

So not something to respect in anyone including myself

Arrogance is such a stumbling block for me

Arrogance comes before the crash

I've felt crashed for awhile haha :(

CC,

You are free to believe what you want. Those of us who live the teachings of Vedanta don't need your seal of approval ;)

Fortunately, I am.

And in all honesty, I would be surprised to the highest degree if I could really make a vedantin philosopher reflect on those points just by typing a short post.

BTW, this branch of the thread originally came from a vedantin that introduced the concept of Atman, pretending it was an absolute, self-evident, trascendent reality in the first place.

So, who's trying to put seals and definitions?

• Like 1

it seems some people want to impose their ignorance/limits on such subjects as if their ignorance/limits really do define/represent such subjects

Newsflash the ignorance is just that, ignorance

and it will never be able to have a clear sight about any subject

Ok, let's try to put our feet on a common ground to summarize your points and see if we can manage to agree on a single post.

1) Yogiraj is a powerful Himalayan Master who is channeling an immortal yogi named Babaji. I don't believe that, therefore I'm ignorant.

2) Kriya yoga techniques work on the nervous system and they give strong sensations and bizarre experiences. You received a slightly modified version from him that gives you strong sensations and bizarre experiences, therefore he's a real guru. And BTW, I'm ignorant for some reason related to that.

3) If there are people who aren't as ignorant as me, and still they think that he's a fraud. ... it's because of their karmic imprints that they cannot recognize the truth which you're blessed to witness.

4) You've seen the movie Kumare, therefore you're spirituality immune to frauds from India.

• Like 1

Go ahead and pretend your analysis of what I said is accurate. But anyone with basic reading and reasoning skills will be able to see it's not if they choose to read my posts.

Even if I've been coming across badly in ways, that doesn't take away from much of what I've

You're distorting what I said into what it's not

Why even do that?

Edited by mystery

Thank you for being accepting pilgrim. And not being harsh to me.

I'm sorry if I came across bad in ways. I'm not a great writer, but it's all in the spirit of not caring about offending someone's pride.

But still I care.

Idk just sorry if I came off badly.

It's Okay Mystery the words I wrote could have been less inflammatory as well. Apologies.

• Like 1

Fortunately, I am.

And in all honesty, I would be surprised to the highest degree if I could really make a vedantin philosopher reflect on those points just by typing a short post.

BTW, this branch of the thread originally came from a vedantin that introduced the concept of Atman, pretending it was an absolute, self-evident, trascendent reality in the first place.

So, who's trying to put seals and definitions?

Been there...done that! It is for each of us to realize in our own way, and when the time is right, my friend :)

It's best to keep following things in mind (given that you are a proponent of Buddha dharma and Dao) - give up the tendency to hold on to positions. Holding on to positions causes pain and suffering. Being free of positions is freedom. 

So it doesn't matter if there is Atman or Anatta. Don't latch on to either. Just be...and be free.

• Like 3

Gurunath is not a fake guru. He teaches kriya yoga and is genuine, but kriya is not a direct path, like most yogas.

Edited by Nothingness
  • Like 1