Oh my, I remember watching that!
Pretty sad cartoon really.
But I loved the episode when he was learning to jump high with that monkey.

• Like 1

Innsaei: The Power of Intuition

My gal turned this one on and I found it had more than a few gems nestled in its basket.

The ancient Icelandic word for intuition is “innsæi,” but in Iceland it has multiple meanings. It can mean “the sea within” which is the borderless nature of our inner world, a constantly moving world of vision, feelings and imagination beyond words. It can mean “to see within” which means to know yourself, and to know yourself well enough to be able to put yourself in other people’s shoes. And it can mean “to see from the inside out” which is to have a strong inner compass to navigate your way in our ever-changing world.

https://zeitgeistfilms.com/film/innsaeithepowerofintuition

• Like 4

I'll go out on a limb and say despite the violence and gratuitous nudity, that HBO's Westworld is worth watching for the excellent acting and philosophical questions on free will it raises.

* YyyyyUP! *

Oh, by the way samurai jack is back, after 12 years and 50 years into the story. They promise to wrap up the story this season, as Samurai Jack struggles with himself and his fears/giving up hope.

:D

Edited by Trunk

We just finished watching season 1 of 'The OA' on Netflix. Thought provoking, challenging and intriguing.

• Like 3

Two movies about monastic life:

Monk with a Camera

Into Great Silence

• Like 3

Excellent movie!

The Professor: Tai Chi's Journey West is a feature documentary about Tai Chi and one of its greatest masters, Cheng Man-Ching, a man who brought Tai Chi and Chinese culture to the West during the swinging, turbulent 60s. Though Cheng is an important transformational figure, his teachings have been overlooked. This documentary film tells the story of his remarkable life and features Tai Chi as a martial art and a spiritual practice.
  • Like 5

I am secure enough in my manhood to admit I had a good time watching Wonder Woman.  Good superhero origin film, well done, with a bit of decent philosophy on war and 'deserving' built in.

• Like 2

"Black mirror" on netflix

very thought provoking and slightly disturbing. Each episode is its own story. 

Although maybe dont start with ep 1 seas 1 ... :-)

• Like 1

this is the opposite of enlightened but can be awakening about the status quo's plans,its very usual of them to expose their plans and ambitions in hollywood productions.Its the series 12 monkeys.Its about 2 groups of time travelers,the bad guys want to destroy linear time and bring the whole world to the eternal NOW and the good guys try to stop them...

• Like 1

5 hours ago, 26sol said:

this is the opposite of enlightened but can be awakening about the status quo's plans,its very usual of them to expose their plans and ambitions in hollywood productions.Its the series 12 monkeys.Its about 2 groups of time travelers,the bad guys want to destroy linear time and bring the whole world to the eternal NOW and the good guys try to stop them...

I thought the movie was interesting but I know nothing of the series.  What is it the "good guys" fear will result from bringing the world to the eternal NOW?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Brian said:

I thought the movie was interesting but I know nothing of the series.  What is it the "good guys" fear will result from bringing the world to the eternal NOW?

I loved the movie,terry gillian is a wizard.The bad guys(army of the 12monkeys) moto is "no death ,no life" it is a state of nothingness rather than wholeness,an endless dwelling of the soul in a creepy red forest,they actually make it sound horrible.

• Like 1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lrzu_9STn6I

'two suns in the sky'  is a magnificent greek movie about the forcing of christianity in eastern roman empire(byzantium) and Greece and the erasing of the old Orphic religion.The movie played for 1 day in Greece before orthodox organizations named it unholy and got in the shelf forever.Thus the horrible quality,its a copy of a copy

Edited by 26sol

Yep.  That was one of the better Italian Western movies.  I saw it way back when it first appeared on TV.  Well worth watching.

• Like 1