tulku

How to transform Prison Planet Earth into Immaterial World of Neither-perception-nor-non-perception ?

How should we transform Prison Planet Earth into Immaterial World of Neither-perception-nor-non-perception ?

Where the inhabitants of these realms are possessed entirely of mind and they have no body?

If there is neither perception nor non-perception, none of us will be conscious of any world arising. There will be no inhabitants arising, nor minds, nor bodies for those minds to inhabit.

Sounds like just another prison to me.

Be great if you actually get stuck in & try to engage in some meaningful dialog within some of the topics you start rather than creating endless, speculative, non-productive ones.

Frankly, its quite baffling and also exasperating - you dont seem to care too much either.

• Like 2

How should we transform Prison Planet Earth into Immaterial World of Neither-perception-nor-non-perception ?

Where the inhabitants of these realms are possessed entirely of mind and they have no body?

There is nothing beyond perception and non-perception. Nothing exists. Consciousness effects the existence of everything, even down to the smallest particles. It is only when we perceive something that it comes into being, that is why it is so silly to call things sinful or evil, since the only thing that makes it so is your perception of it.

Aaron

If there is neither perception nor non-perception, none of us will be conscious of any world arising. There will be no inhabitants arising, nor minds, nor bodies for those minds to inhabit.

Sounds like just another prison to me.

who says you need perception or non-perception to be conscious of any world arising?

don't you know by now that our senses are our prisons and it is only by breaking out of our senses then do we break out of prison?

There is nothing beyond perception and non-perception. Nothing exists. Consciousness effects the existence of everything, even down to the smallest particles. It is only when we perceive something that it comes into being, that is why it is so silly to call things sinful or evil, since the only thing that makes it so is your perception of it.

Aaron

how do you know nothing exists beyond perception and non-perception?

when you say "when we perceive something that it comes into being"..

which senses are you using to perceive?

what comes into being?

what is the state of being?

what is nothing? is nothing permanent? impermanent?

how do you know there aren't any particles smaller than the atom?

we will only know this if the entire earth and humanity is transformed into a race of neither perceiving nor non-perceiving..

Be great if you actually get stuck in & try to engage in some meaningful dialog within some of the topics you start rather than creating endless, speculative, non-productive ones.

Frankly, its quite baffling and also exasperating - you dont seem to care too much either.

i wanna know how do i transform the entire race of humanity into a race beyond a race of enlightened buddhas..

i know that almost of us think that enlightened buddhahood is the epitome of progress on the spiritual path..

but what comes beyond that?

who says you need perception or non-perception to be conscious of any world arising?

don't you know by now that our senses are our prisons and it is only by breaking out of our senses then do we break out of prison?

Don't you know that your senses are the world? You don't even know what you're breaking out of. All of this talk of samsara and bondage, yet you've still not given up your destructive crusade. Just another attachment.

When one is limited by his perception, then one can only create according to his perception..

When one is limited by no perception, then he can create anything beyond his perception..

So when one is not limited by perception nor non-perception, then what can he create?..

Don't you know that your senses are the world? You don't even know what you're breaking out of. All of this talk of samsara and bondage, yet you've still not given up your destructive crusade. Just another attachment.

what is my destructive crusade?

Why aim for Immaterial World of Neither-perception-nor-non-perception?

That is still part of samsara and is temporary.

You should aim for Nirvana which is cessation of the three poisons of craving, aggression and delusion.

In any case, you cannot transform the world into immaterial, however, meditators can experience such sublime formless states (such as the immaterial state you mentioned) through their own practice.

Edited by xabir2005

Why aim for Immaterial World of Neither-perception-nor-non-perception?

That is still part of samsara and is temporary.

You should aim for Nirvana which is cessation of the three poisons of craving, aggression and delusion.

In any case, you cannot transform the world into immaterial, however, meditators can experience such sublime formless states (such as the immaterial state you mentioned) through their own practice.

Then how do we bring the whole of Humanity into Nirvana?

I am not simply talking about the experiencing of nirvana during meditations.

I am talking about the complete transformation of Humanity from materiality into the Immateriality of Nirvana.

The old fashioned way!

Make the wheal of samsara spin faster!

Or turn the wheel in the opposite direction

Then how do we bring the whole of Humanity into Nirvana?

I am not simply talking about the experiencing of nirvana during meditations.

I am talking about the complete transformation of Humanity from materiality into the Immateriality of Nirvana.

The only way to transform humanity is to help them one by one. First of all, you yourself must attain Nirvana. Then you have the wisdom to teach others.

The aim to save all beings is the path of the Boddhisattva and what is required is compassion for unlimited amount of sentient beings and not to rest until they are all free of suffering, but the crux is if there are unlimited sentient beings saving them all is impossible because they are unlimited and suffering is inevitable so you can't prevent it, but you try anyway and see where that paradox leads you.

How should we transform Prison Planet Earth .. ?

One person at a time.

And as long as we're here we should take advantage of the Prisons's benefits. Good library, interesting inmates, conjugal visits.. B)

Edited by thelerner

If it were possible to transform the world like magic, the Buddha would have done so long long ago :lol:

That is not possible... so one by one.

Half of what you say are some vague open-ended ideas and theories asserting you have the ultimate answer, and the other half is you admitting you have no idea what you're talking about and need "advice". When advice is given you disregard it completely, even when quoting the comment, and start rambling about something else.

It's getting incredibly annoying. I know I have the freedom to just not click on any of your threads but I feel I have a duty to call you out on your crap, especially when you start advocating fasting and indefinite semen retention, which is potentially dangerous.

This guy is one among many. It's a very strange trend that sweeps TTB every week or so. I wonder what these people are actually like in person. It's mind-boggling to say the least.

If it were possible to transform the world like magic, the Buddha would have done so long long ago :lol:

That is not possible... so one by one.

A lot of things are not possible 3 years before..

But a lot of things are possible now in 2012..

The aim to save all beings is the path of the Boddhisattva and what is required is compassion for unlimited amount of sentient beings and not to rest until they are all free of suffering, but the crux is if there are unlimited sentient beings saving them all is impossible because they are unlimited and suffering is inevitable so you can't prevent it, but you try anyway and see where that paradox leads you.

Sometimes, the only way to end suffering is not to save sentient beings but to destroy the samsara which they are in.

Sometimes, destruction is needed before anyone can be saved..

One person at a time.

And as long as we're here we should take advantage of the Prisons's benefits. Good library, interesting inmates, conjugal visits.. B)

this is the type of mindset which leads to samsara in the first place

A lot of things are not possible 3 years before..

But a lot of things are possible now in 2012..

I do not think 2012 is any more significant than any years. I do not believe that the Mayan calendar signifies anything. I believe this year will pass by as any others. I do not believe in "new age chanelling" and I think plenty of it is bullshit information fed by spirits.

But actually, no need to debate about this... soon enough this year will pass, and we will see ;)

Edited by xabir2005

Sometimes, the only way to end suffering is not to save sentient beings but to destroy the samsara which they are in.

Sometimes, destruction is needed before anyone can be saved..

Samsara is suffering. It is not a place.. it is in one's mind state. If you are suffering, you are in samsara. If your suffering/afflictions, craving, aggression and delusion is ceased, that is called Nirvana.

Even if the world is destroyed, the sentient beings will continue to pass on... they will continue to wander in samsara, they will take birth in other universes or the future universe. Another universe will be formed in time to come and the sentient beings, owing to their delusion and afflictions, continue to take birth. That is why there has been infinite past universes and infinite future universes to come, and sentient beings have just been cycling on and on without a beginning through countless universes.

The only way to end this cycle is to cultivate wisdom.

Edited by xabir2005