tulku

Why man must give up Food and Sex in order to Evolve

as long as man is attached to his senses and the pursuit of pleasures especially through food, sex and entertainment, he will always be reborn in the sense realms unable to break free of samsara

as long as man is adverse to pain, he will always be unable to break free of samsara

as long as you keep writing in this manner, you will never be free, thats guaranteed.

as long as you keep writing in this manner, you will never be free, thats guaranteed.

whether i will be free or not is not determined by your guarantee..

You are feeling a strong desire to master your mind, are you not?

What is making you do anything at all if it is not desire?

You have a selfish lust for breathing air, do you not? How are you going to overcome that one?!

if you cannot master your mind to the point that it feels no attraction towards food and sex, then do you have the right to say you have mastered your minds?

You are feeling a strong desire to master your mind, are you not?

What is making you do anything at all if it is not desire?

You have a selfish lust for breathing air, do you not? How are you going to overcome that one?!

You are ignorant about the way of things.

It is not that I want to breath air.

It is that I do not want to drink, eat, sleep, age, have sex or fall ill.

I don't want to age or fall ill. I'm one third of the way there.

• Like 1

You are still desiring to not have all those things. Don't you see the irony?

Fasting, in all its forms, is the key to our regeneration from human to divine.

A lot of interesting stuff in your post Tulku, some of which I relate to and some of which I don't. The problem I do have though is the underlying assertion that we need to somehow transform from human to divine. We ARE Divine. The only thing that stops us from realising that, and being that, is our lack of awareness and ignorance; our mistaken identification with a body and mind, an imaginary objectivisation of self. I truly believe don't have to BECOME anything other than what we already are and always were. All we need to do is clear the obstructions to self-realisation.

It's true that sex, greed and attachment to physicality and sense pleasures are what hinder us much of the time. It's not that these things are inherently bad. It's just they tend to hold too much of our attention, keeping our awareness off the Self/awareness/being. It's our attachment that's the problem and that's why in monastic traditions they are discouraged. So long as the attachment is no longer there, and one is able to spend the appropriate time and energy looking inward, directing attention to the Self (or whatever you want to call it)...there isn't really a problem.

The funny thing is, it's possible to 'attain' Self-realisation or enlightenment and still have a healthy enjoyment of food and sex. And it's also possible to spend decades trying to starve yourself of food and restrain every sexual impulse and be as unenlightened as a turnip :P

What happened to drinking beer?

just keep calm thats the main point

whether you do drink some beer or don't feed the trolls is up to you

you could try doing both at the same time if you're feeling really crazy (although i don't suggest writing on internet forums with alcohol involved)

or you could feel the trolls some beer! I wonder if tulku would be more fun, or less fun, if he was drunk

A lot of interesting stuff in your post Tulku, some of which I relate to and some of which I don't. The problem I do have though is the underlying assertion that we need to somehow transform from human to divine. We ARE Divine. The only thing that stops us from realising that, and being that, is our lack of awareness and ignorance; our mistaken identification with a body and mind, an imaginary objectivisation of self. I truly believe don't have to BECOME anything other than what we already are and always were. All we need to do is clear the obstructions to self-realisation.

It's true that sex, greed and attachment to physicality and sense pleasures are what hinder us much of the time. It's not that these things are inherently bad. It's just they tend to hold too much of our attention, keeping our awareness off the Self/awareness/being. It's our attachment that's the problem and that's why in monastic traditions they are discouraged. So long as the attachment is no longer there, and one is able to spend the appropriate time and energy looking inward, directing attention to the Self (or whatever you want to call it)...there isn't really a problem.

The funny thing is, it's possible to 'attain' Self-realisation or enlightenment and still have a healthy enjoyment of food and sex. And it's also possible to spend decades trying to starve yourself of food and restrain every sexual impulse and be as unenlightened as a turnip :P

Once you are enlightened, why do you still wanna enjoy food and sex?

I don't see why you would want to give up sex. Moderate it yes.

Although why give up an daily opportunity to not only improve your health, and relieve stress, but get to emotionally and mentally more intertwined with another person.

Or just help eachother grow as people. If there's a person in your life you have an opportunity to share this with, why would you not?

Edited by NeiChuan

Tulku,

Thank you for taking the time to share the valuable information that you have in this post.

Its dissapointing that some people have criticised you after openly saying that they have not even read the whole post. Some may simply follow other opinions that work for them, others are not serious nor humble enough to admit their weaknesses and are too lazy and damaged to even try to develop themselves. There are some who use this forum as a way to learn and spread deep teachings for personal development and there are some who use it as a social forum to simply pass time and have a laugh. There are also those who are stuck in their lower chakras and are trying to suck energy out of people.

I hope you continue to post what I have seen to be some excellent knowledge, although I dont agree with all of it and that you do not get pushed away by the poor creatures who suck off the most giving members on this forum like Drew.

Whoever wants to reply to me and attempt to begin an emotional or intellectual exchange should go and suck off their sexual partner instead. They will get nothing more from me.

All success to you and all the other sincere posters!

Keeping calm and ommmmmmmmmm

collegesenior.PNG

(just found out this picture was taken in my town, heh)

Keeping calm and ommmmmmmmmm

collegesenior.PNG

(just found out this picture was taken in my town, heh)

Why is that guy drinking beer not in the horse stance? What a wuss.

Why is that guy drinking beer not in the horse stance? What a wuss.

Don't you see how intense his face is?

He's obviously focusing his energy on something... yes... something...

I don't see why you would want to give up sex. Moderate it yes.

Although why give up an daily opportunity to not only improve your health, and relieve stress, but get to emotionally and mentally more intertwined with another person.

Or just help eachother grow as people. If there's a person in your life you have an opportunity to share this with, why would you not?

Once you are an enlightened immortal, what need do you have to improve your health.

Once you are enlightened, what need do you have to create more karma for yourself thus lengthening your stay in samsara by getting into emotional and mental entanglements with another person?

Once you are enlightened, what need do you have to help other people grow? If other people wanna grow, the Gods will send help to them regardless of whether you wanna help them or not.

Enlightenment does not equate being a hero or savior.

An enlightened person only looks out for his own enlightenment and the fate of the rest of the world does not concern him.

"A bodhisattva who does not know the true meaning of solitude,

even if he meditates for many years in a remote valley full of poisonous snakes,

five hundred miles from the nearest inhabitants,

would still develop overwhelming pride."

-- from the Phagpa Dudpa Sutra

What's the youngest anyone has become enlightened at? Never mind that we might not even know what enlightened means, well I don't. But as far as teachers and masters it seems like under 30 might be pretty unusual. Maybe some of the more extreme ascetic practices may be going against nature before body completely mature and hormones stabilized.

Who?

Not trying to disparage 20-somethings seeking enlightenment in general, thread made me wonder about the statistics. I am sure enlightened people do not care about statistics.

You

Sounds more like something tulku would say without any decent explanation but this is something I was told about and told to remember

Everyone was perfectly enlightened before we started to exist in a world like this

We had ultimate power and could be anything and do everything

Just a part of the universe, or just the universe itself

When we became born we came here with the same mindset as an enlightened being, our bodies are even designed after the universe

But this world is different and we became different when we started to grow up

We were a part of everything and we owned everything and that's why we could get anything we wanted from our parent as babies by screaming

When we became older we developed an ego that made us think that we are separate from the world and we lost our memory

We look at our bodies and our hand and think there's a distance between what our hands can touch and the sky

It's a duality type of world where there's us and there's them

In the nothingness there wasn't anything else and that's why we had the power

Here is a different experience, it's short and unimportant

There are so many more people and they do all their people stuff

Seems like a there's a limit to what we can do but this is another form of freedom

aaa started rambling again

• Like 1

I like it and it does sound right. So, we've been enlightened before and we will be again. In the meantime, food and sex and beer do make a nice way to pass the time.

An enlightened person only looks out for his own enlightenment and the fate of the rest of the world does not concern him.

So much for virtue and compassion. -_-