tianhui

The central point

Games games games all from the head

To half quote Sinfest - get out of the lobby and move into your tan tien

"To half quote Sinfest - get out of the lobby and move into your tan tien"

Everything seems to have it's time and place.

"To half quote Sinfest - get out of the lobby and move into your tan tien"

Everything seems to have it's time and place.

:)

To assimilate myself to the cosmic characteristics of Zhen-Shan-Ren(Truthfulness-Compassion-Tolerance) and to help other people achieve this mental state. If I can do that I will stay alive as long as this Universe stays alive.

...get out of the lobby and move into your tan tien

Ouch! Thank you for the nudge.

Out.

To assimilate myself to the cosmic characteristics of Zhen-Shan-Ren(Truthfulness-Compassion-Tolerance) and to help other people achieve this mental state. If I can do that I will stay alive as long as this Universe stays alive.

Hi Mr. Gauss. Your so stated objective appears magnetic enough. I especially go for the "assimilate myself to the cosmic" part. But I can't get a clear grasp on why a measure of truthfulness would determine whether I would or would not stay alive as long as the universe stays alive. I mean what is the physics that would explain a process like getting "eternal life" as output from truthfullness as input. No disrespect at all intended, but it just doesnt ring as true in my "ear".

Ditto for Compassion

Ditto for Tolerance

Are these really your own thoughts that you are presenting here?

Ouch! Thank you for the nudge.

Out.

Hi seeker. Why not just give us the benefit of why you practice? What need to add that ouchy part. Adding horns to the hare, why imagine pain on top of the situation. Or does your tantien actually feel uncomfortable, maybe from too much attention?

Be nice now, I'm just saying "Hi", Tian Hui style.

Hi seeker. Why not just give us the benefit of why you practice? What need to add that ouchy part. Adding horns to the hare, why imagine pain on top of the situation. Or does your tantien actually feel uncomfortable, maybe from too much attention?

Be nice now, I'm just saying "Hi", Tian Hui style.

I wish I were as clever and knowledgeable as you. :)

I wish I were as clever and knowledgeable as you. :)

All right! Feels like a very fine point held at my throat. To deny would be to diminish my position, to accept would be to lose the day. Trapped, I do appreciate the experience.

All right! Feels like a very fine point held at my throat. To deny would be to diminish my position, to accept would be to lose the day. Trapped, I do appreciate the experience.

What about moving away from pain to pleasure?

At its root, is this belief the driving force for many?

Looking about the world of motile creatures, it seems that without exception they are motivated to avoid what is harmful to their continued homeostasis and seek what is helpful. Higher organisms get equipped to sense this environmental pressure as pain and pleasure.

So surely, your central point must have some validity. But, the repetition of the pleasure stimulus tends to diminish the pleasure as the creature adjusts to the new normal. If pleasure seeking is the central point of your Nei Kung, I am thinking your ardor may flag prior to it's natural culmination.

The Indian traditions reveal the ground of being as having the three qualities of existence, consciousness, and bliss. You identified the third as an attractant. Maybe the first two are also attractants. Like, wouldn't you rather have more consciousness rather than less?

To relax and let go would put you in a better place - no winning - no losing :)

Looking about the world of motile creatures, it seems that without exception they are motivated to avoid what is harmful to their continued homeostasis and seek what is helpful. Higher organisms get equipped to sense this environmental pressure as pain and pleasure.

So surely, your central point must have some validity. But, the repetition of the pleasure stimulus tends to diminish the pleasure as the creature adjusts to the new normal. If pleasure seeking is the central point of your Nei Kung, I am thinking your ardor may flag prior to it's natural culmination.

The Indian traditions reveal the ground of being as having the three qualities of existence, consciousness, and bliss. You identified the third as an attractant. Maybe the first two are also attractants. Like, wouldn't you rather have more consciousness rather than less?

Could pleasure be seen as conscious existence which is absent of suffering?

Could pleasure be seen as conscious existence which is absent of suffering?

Well, I would agree with the implied proposition that absent suffering there is pleasure. That is because the nature of our being/essence/hsing probably is with the positive content of consciousness and bliss. So if no extraneous suffering is being introduced we should be happy campers.

But, are you willing to go further with this line of thinking. If pleasure is agreeable to you, why settle for a little if there is a lot available right under your feet? If the conscious experience of pleasure is good then wouldn't super conscious experience of bliss be preferred. Well, maybe we are already together on this point, but if not, I encourage going for the "gold".

The world has evolved many techniques for going for the gold. What they seem to have in common is cultivation of the abeyance of thought with retention of awareness. This would be because thought (like suffering thoughts) clouds the transparency of awareness (our actual inner nature) and such clouding temporaraly separates us from

comprehending/remembering the true extent of this root nature. Nei Kung is one of the techniques created by the Chinese to bring thinking to emptiness so that we can "see" into our Tao nature. To settle for lesser goals is to overlook the value of the jewel you are holding in your hand.

To relax and let go would put you in a better place - no winning - no losing :)

Ohh Myth Maker, don't you play push hands? The going back and forth is relaxed and each finds enjoyment in seeing a nice move executed by the other. Working with each other by working against each other, both find their way to a "better place".

Shoot, Tian Hui, I think maybe you just did a cool neutralization.

Ohh Myth Maker, don't you play push hands? The going back and forth is relaxed and each finds enjoyment in seeing a nice move executed by the other. Working with each other by working against each other, both find their way to a "better place".

Shoot, Tian Hui, I think maybe you just did a cool neutralization.

Neutral is no loosing no winning

Against is loosing :)

Neutral is no loosing no winning

Against is loosing :)

But I am feeling a slight pressure from your peng, perhaps you would like to extend even further.

But I am feeling a slight pressure from your peng, perhaps you would like to extend even further.

Perhaps it's your own resistance that you feel.

No 'buts' about it :)

The world has evolved many techniques for going for the gold. What they seem to have in common is cultivation of the abeyance of thought with retention of awareness. This would be because thought (like suffering thoughts) clouds the transparency of awareness (our actual inner nature) and such clouding temporaraly separates us from

comprehending/remembering the true extent of this root nature. Nei Kung is one of the techniques created by the Chinese to bring thinking to emptiness so that we can "see" into our Tao nature. To settle for lesser goals is to overlook the value of the jewel you are holding in your hand.

I thought this paragraph was wonderful.

Perhaps it's your own resistance that you feel.

No 'buts' about it :)

With your "No buts about it" An ji push, there is little room for discussion. My little one ounce of resistance is quite overcome and I will let this discussion pass with the maker of myths carrying the day.

I thought this paragraph was wonderful.

Well, thank you for your thoughtful consideration.

I have no idea where you stand in you interests and practices, but please allow me to say that this "field of gold" has many types of persons with a great range of ideas and motivations. If we can keep close to the bones by always coming back to asking what is it that we are really after, what is it that we really want, then we can better get though the various infomercial thickets that surely lie ahead.

Respecting the efforts of all those from the many traditions before us, looking objectively as possible at the common denominators, using your own light, seek out what is actually true.

You missed the mark

I was pointing out - perhaps poorly - that using the word 'But' is a resistance.