tianhui

The central point

If not to become an immortal, one can have a tremendous internal strength from the practice of NeiKung. If one knows the definition of mediation, one will perform Chi Kung with some breathing methods to accomplish Nei Kung. Thus that's what was working for.

Become an Immortal, duh

And so, you are a divine being that is having a human experience.

Nothing wrong with being human, it's fun according to your divine self who decided it would be fun to human it up

Hi Sinfest,

Don't you words I hopefully copied above mean that humans are already importal?

Tianhui

If not to become an immortal, one can have a tremendous internal strength from the practice of NeiKung. If one knows the definition of mediation, one will perform Chi Kung with some breathing methods to accomplish Nei Kung. Thus that's what was working for.

Hi ChiDragon,

I guess Nei Kung is the skill of building more "internal strength". But what is the central purpose of doing that

(is sort of my question).

Become an Immortal, duh

so if we can't achieve physical or spiritual immortality does practice at least gives us a better start or place in our next reincarnation?

I did read something to that effect in immortal fetus cultivation.

so if we can't achieve physical or spiritual immortality does practice at least gives us a better start or place in our next reincarnation?

I did read something to that effect in immortal fetus cultivation.

Hi Desert Eagle,

Perhaps the concept of immortal fetus refers to that stage of comprehension where one really gets a strong and stable impression of their immortal nature. The cultivation practice would be to deepen and stabilize that insight into ultimate reality. And, who do you (we) know who can say that you are not already immortal? And, if already immortal of course that would be a great place to start the "next" reincarnation.

Hi ChiDragon,

I guess Nei Kung is the skill of building more "internal strength". But what is the central purpose of doing that

(is sort of my question).

In that case, Nei Kung will make one healthy and strong without getting sick and can overcome any obstacle. One can handle something that he's normally cannot. One can defend against any intruder. Thus it builds up the confidence in oneself.

The only thing that anyone can be sure of is emptiness and nothingness

Nothing is just what it is, nothing

You can't have a whole lot of nothing because it's not measurable like putting zero and zero together it's still zero

When nothing stops being nothing, it becomes a something and it takes up space in some shape or form

Nothing can't just exist on its own, otherwise it would be known as "everything"

For nothing to be there, there must be something to show contrast

Nothing by itself is always the same but something is a polar opposite to nothing and so takes up space

Something can be anything, grain of sand or a person

It can look different in comparison to something else but still equal to nothing

Nothing already takes up infinite space and so something has the potential to take up the same infinite also

Before born, people were just that, nothing

When they start to exist, they start to realize their potential which is in reality is infinite

There are infinite possibilities existing for humans in general

Somewhere in the past people could not ever imagine the world we live in today, but there still was a chance for this world we have now to exist

We can't see the future which also has infinite possibility to be anything and so we go for the next best thing and choose nothing, wu wei right there

While we existed in nonexistence and were nothing, we also were a part of everything

There is no reincarnation in that sense because we are every person that ever lived

Maybe you meditate for it or wake up one day and remember someone else's life

That's exactly what you're doing, you're remembering it because you forgot once you stopped being nothing

We just want to remember what it was or will be like

There is no pressure or hurry to make everything happen right now

You have infinite potential so it's kinda pointless to realize in a finite body

Through the right training it's possible to change perspective and take a look at the world in a different light

What are you working for? Why do you do neikung? Why do you do meditation practice?

We practice because we believe that there is more to this life and we are striving to find it.

In that case, Nei Kung will make one healthy and strong without getting sick and can overcome any obstacle. One can handle something that he's normally cannot. One can defend against any intruder. Thus it builds up the confidence in oneself.

Yes, I can agree with those goals. They talk like that over at the YMCA as well. So, the Nei Kung practice must be after some additional something or is Nei Kung just particularly efficient at building health?

We practice because we believe that there is more to this life and we are striving to find it.

Oh, this would be helpful, finding more. But, I have been warned by others that striving to find it may be counterproductive so I need to be careful about the how to find more. Also, if I can find more, doesn't that mean it is already there in life (in the big picture version of life).

Yes, I can agree with those goals. They talk like that over at the YMCA as well. So, the Nei Kung practice must be after some additional something or is Nei Kung just particularly efficient at building health?

Yes, Nei Kung just particularly efficient at building health. It gives one stronger muscles and better mental power for faster reflexes to react and keep the body in balance internally and externally.

Edited by ChiDragon

The only thing that anyone can be sure of is emptiness and nothingness

Nothing is just what it is, nothing

You can't have a whole lot of nothing because it's not measurable like putting zero and zero together it's still zero

When nothing stops being nothing, it becomes a something and it takes up space in some shape or form

Nothing can't just exist on its own, otherwise it would be known as "everything"

For nothing to be there, there must be something to show contrast

Nothing by itself is always the same but something is a polar opposite to nothing and so takes up space

Something can be anything, grain of sand or a person

It can look different in comparison to something else but still equal to nothing

Nothing already takes up infinite space and so something has the potential to take up the same infinite also

Before born, people were just that, nothing

When they start to exist, they start to realize their potential which is in reality is infinite

There are infinite possibilities existing for humans in general

Somewhere in the past people could not ever imagine the world we live in today, but there still was a chance for this world we have now to exist

We can't see the future which also has infinite possibility to be anything and so we go for the next best thing and choose nothing, wu wei right there

While we existed in nonexistence and were nothing, we also were a part of everything

There is no reincarnation in that sense because we are every person that ever lived

Maybe you meditate for it or wake up one day and remember someone else's life

That's exactly what you're doing, you're remembering it because you forgot once you stopped being nothing

We just want to remember what it was or will be like

There is no pressure or hurry to make everything happen right now

You have infinite potential so it's kinda pointless to realize in a finite body

Through the right training it's possible to change perspective and take a look at the world in a different light

Sinfest, that was a fest full! I share your interest in the nothingness aspect of the Tao traditions. The Zen/Chan 6th patriarch Huinung established his Chinese/Taoist stamp on the Indian teachings with the startling pronouncement that: from the beginning, no thing is.

My reading of what you said makes me think that you may take nothing to be actually nothing whereas I am thinking that we need to hold off a bit and look longer at what no-thingness may imply about the nature or essence of our own being.

Your last line about the right training changing perspective ... is a valuable point, I think, for over time a lot of change in perspective can come into play without our even knowing what brought it about. And, I do expect that what is sometimes called "realization" is largely realizing a change in perspective about ones own essential nature.

You present a lot of fun stuff to think about.

• Like 1

Yes, Nei Kung just particularly efficient at building health. It gives one stronger muscles and better mental power for faster reflexes to react and keep the body in balance internally and externally.

But, they speak of cultivating Jing to returnto Chi and cultivating Chi to return to Shen and cultivating Shen to return to Tao. It would seem that your personal objectives focus on steps 1 and 2 and maybe some of 3 but I would have them impression that the traditional progression points towards step 4 as being the central point of the practice. Maybe we are all to become ChiDragons.

In case your are interested further....

My explanation about Jing, Chi and Shen

Thanks ChiDragon for the good exposition on factors relating to the treasures. I can agree with your description of Shen as far as it goes, but I think that for some peeps, there is the idea that Shen is more that the expression of the presence of Chi. Additionally, it is the presence of a more fundamental living element that can be comprehended via refinement of internal Chi/Jing basic progenitors. As for the what the shen is refined into, why dont you speak to that?

Sinfest, that was a fest full! I share your interest in the nothingness aspect of the Tao traditions. The Zen/Chan 6th patriarch Huinung established his Chinese/Taoist stamp on the Indian teachings with the startling pronouncement that: from the beginning, no thing is.

My reading of what you said makes me think that you may take nothing to be actually nothing whereas I am thinking that we need to hold off a bit and look longer at what no-thingness may imply about the nature or essence of our own being.

Your last line about the right training changing perspective ... is a valuable point, I think, for over time a lot of change in perspective can come into play without our even knowing what brought it about. And, I do expect that what is sometimes called "realization" is largely realizing a change in perspective about ones own essential nature.

You present a lot of fun stuff to think about.

Tianhui, I like your comment about "realization". Having been a meditation practitioner on a Path rooted in Vedic philosophy "realization" has always seemed like something grand, elusive and always out of reach. When I moved on to Taoism my perspective changed great deal, a "realization", perhaps a small one if I look at it from a "grand scale" point of view, that was so important for me. Oh, never mind the "size", it's just the beginning of the road.

Thanks ChiDragon for the good exposition on factors relating to the treasures. I can agree with your description of Shen as far as it goes, but I think that for some peeps, there is the idea that Shen is more that the expression of the presence of Chi. Additionally, it is the presence of a more fundamental living element that can be comprehended via refinement of internal Chi/Jing basic progenitors. As for the what the shen is refined into, why dont you speak to that?

You welcome, tianhui. As far as Jing, Chi and Shen are concern, Shen is the final product of Jing and Chi. The Jing and Chi are in a recycle loop; and Shen is not in the loop. As I had indicated, Shen is only a physical appearance of the human body. Thus it cannot be refined as a substance as you had suggested. Another words, the healthier the Prenatal Jing with the proper provision of the abundance of Postnatal Jing, the appearance of the human body will indicate that the body is in a state of homeostasis by Shen.

Tianhui, I like your comment about "realization". Having been a meditation practitioner on a Path rooted in Vedic philosophy "realization" has always seemed like something grand, elusive and always out of reach. When I moved on to Taoism my perspective changed great deal, a "realization", perhaps a small one if I look at it from a "grand scale" point of view, that was so important for me. Oh, never mind the "size", it's just the beginning of the road.

Ah, but Ansijia, you touch an point of great interest to me, bout big,small,size and scale. First, let me ask, how big is a thought? Really, view a thought and tell me it's size? Ridiculous of course. How about a vast collection of thoughts? Same as a gazillion times zero, right? So how big is the entire human experience of the universe? Same I think, a gazillion times zero? So now for the final ridiculous question, how big are you and the universe in actuality?

Ah, but Ansijia, you touch an point of great interest to me, bout big,small,size and scale. First, let me ask, how big is a thought? Really, view a thought and tell me it's size? Ridiculous of course. How about a vast collection of thoughts? Same as a gazillion times zero, right? So how big is the entire human experience of the universe? Same I think, a gazillion times zero? So now for the final ridiculous question, how big are you and the universe in actuality?

thanks, sure, cant measure the immeasurable