Tatsumaru

Herb to chew

Hello,

Do you guys know any herb that one can chew to cleanse his breath by any chance. I'm a big lover of onion and garlic but the stench their eating results in is very unsociable and a simple gum or teeth wash doesn't do it all the way. I've found out that if you eat garlic and onion with hot chili peppers the increased saliva production for the peppers helps remove the stench just a little bit. So I was hoping there is some herb or a mix of herbs that one can chew to solve this problem all the way.

Thanks.

Hello,

Do you guys know any herb that one can chew to cleanse his breath by any chance. I'm a big lover of onion and garlic but the stench their eating results in is very unsociable and a simple gum or teeth wash doesn't do it all the way. I've found out that if you eat garlic and onion with hot chili peppers the increased saliva production for the peppers helps remove the stench just a little bit. So I was hoping there is some herb or a mix of herbs that one can chew to solve this problem all the way.

Thanks.

Chewing parsley is an old country remedy for garlic/onion breath. Mint leaves have also been used fore the same purpose.

• Like 2

peppermint which is also good for the stomach.

spearmint soothing ,relaxing, and both are nice teas.

~~Fennel is a traditional seed to chew after meal for digestion and breath benefits

So you need to chew the seeds and not a fennel plant ?

So you need to chew the seeds and not a fennel plant ?

If you want to carry a fennel plant about with you or keep one in your kitchen that would be fine. If you want convenience and some in a jar or little bag that you can carry about with you, seeds are easier. If you have an indian shop near you , you can buy a post- meal digestive mix ready prepared, which will have jaggery added most likely and some roasted cumin seeds. Otherwise, the plain seeds are a convenient way to maintain the habit.

:)

Double water intake could work.

Anyway, i have been told consuming too much garlic and onions is not ideal for cultivators as this affects the subtle energetic body. Have asked a few Tibetan yogins and they are all in agreement, especially garlic. There are, however, exceptions to the rule. In Tibetan medicine, it is sometimes prescribed as treatment for specific conditions, like wind diseases, for example.

Some trivia concerning the eating of garlic in a tantric context:

-- eating garlic reduces the effectiveness of the recitation of mantras.

-- it upsets the winds and makes the mind move on its own, thus allowing negative emotions to arise easily.

-- in Tibet of old, someone who have eaten garlic will not be allowed into a monastery for at least 3 days.

-- garlic and onions are never used in cooking for those who are doing long retreats.

-- eating garlic destroys micro-organisms in the body, which is a form of samaya-breakage.

-- outer tantra practices forbids garlic-eating; inner tantra practice nothing is forbidden.

-- eating garlic prevents the smooth cultivation of the Vajra body and distorts inner vision.

-- garlic and sexual abstinence do not 'gel'. Hence monastics have to abstain from eating it.

-- garlic is detrimental for those who undertake practices like Chod or Sang. The odor disturbs 'visitors'.

-- not only garlic, but all pungent foods, spices and herbs are to be avoided for those new to Buddhist tantra.

This helps in generating a congenial inner and outer environment, and aids in visualization practices.

Finally, some masters will say that it all depends on the individual's constitution... and one's sincerity (in practice) is not going to be diminished so much as what one takes in but rather what comes out from body, speech and mind. In fact, was it not that famous Jewish yogi who said, "Its not what goes into one's mouth, but what comes out of it that defiles one." :D

My girlfriend just made an AWEsome pesto with ramps, garlic greens, and kale

don't eat ramps if you care about your breath. mint, fennel, none of it will help you

they have a really short growing season but they are SOOSOOSSOOSOSOSOSo good

I drink 9 liters per day. Double this and maybe get hyponatremia ?

9 litres sounds pretty optimum. Ignore what i said then.

Hyponatremia usually happens conjunct with other debilitating conditions. Healthy individuals need not fear. But as with anything, moderation is key!!

Parsley OIL is a fantastic remedy for bad breath. There is a popular mint (parsley oil geltab surrounded by mint) called "breath assure" or "mint assure", I can't remember exactly, but it really works.