Sign in to follow this  
skydog

A University/School for Qigong

I am considering becoming a healer, or Qigong practictioner.

Unfortunately I dont believe I will go far without a qualification.

I have the capability to go to China and study there properly.

Tai-Chi, Qigong, Kung Fu, Bazhaung, H-sing.....All seem appealing to me.

Any ideas.

Unfortunately I dont believe I will go far without a qualification.

I have the capability to go to China and study there properly.

Any ideas.

Where are you located? In the US there are several schools of medical qigong. I am not familiar with ones in Europe but I know there are some programs there. In China it is not as easy as it used to be (never was really EASY, but was accessible) due to government crackdown on what can be taught in medical qigong. It is still possible but not like it used to be in the 70-80-90's with the proliferation of medical qigong hospitals with government support.

Just be aware of all the double talk about medical qigong and understand that medical qigong & qigong are two totally different things. Medical qigong is hospital and clinic based techniques for healing others and qigong is self-energetic practices. Lots of people who have never trained in medical qigong and can't do wai qi liao fa (healing with external energy) say they are teaching "medical qigong" when they are really teaching qigong. It gives them a bigger marketplace.

In the US, the NQA (www.nqa.org) has established standards for 500 hr clinical qigong training and does offer certification. If there are ever any laws established in US (look how massage therapy certification mushroomed) it is quite possible this will be the agency looked to for standards. Therefore look for a program where the teacher is level IV NQA certified as a teacher; completing these programs will enable a person to apply to the NQA for certification.

Any ideas.

If you want what you say in the first sentence, then you are looking in the wrong place if you chase what you list in the second sentence.

Martial arts are martial arts, and while they can be practiced in a way for 'self-healing' (certainly taiji), it is not the same as studying medical qigong or Chinese medicine.

If you want to practice qigong, practice qigong! If you mean qigong teacher, then you'll need to find a good teacher and put in the work. If you really want to be a qigong healer listen to Ya Mu, and you should ask yourself why? Where does that thought/idea truly come from? Then find a TRULY competant teacher and put in lots more work.

I'd also read;

http://qigongamerica.blogspot.co.uk/2010/12/path-of-healer.html

But the path of the healer is different. It requires quite a bit of sacrifice, in terms of time & effort, and in terms of experiencing and enjoying other aspects of life...

So, in the end, I do not recommend the path of the Healer to anyone unless they KNOW, in the true-heart, that they are supposed to be doing Healing. Certainly any other reason, such as desires to make money, are not reasons which support the sacrifice required to be a healer. Must easier to do something else in life. But, if one does feel this heart connection, there is almost nothing that gives true joy as much as seeing someone's face light up when their pain instantly disappears.

Hope this helps,

Sign in to follow this