Sign in to follow this  
Jox

Dream yoga

What is the goal of lucid dreaming?

Which technique or methods do you use and recommend?

Are there different stages?

Pitfalls?

Everyone who would like to share his/her experience is welcome... :)

Jox, :)

I think that it would be a waste of precious moments to use a lucid dream or astral projection for a mere novelty, the experience could help a spiritual practitioner to deepen their study or practice. Although for this to happen it would be necessary to remember the motivation to do it, and then to experience the lucidity there would have to be some training involved, you could very well be lucid on most nights if you train consistently during the daytime hours when you are "awake".

That's why I think it's important to start writing your dreams down, as much as you can remember, so that by working your memory in this way, your ability to recall dreams increases every time. Not only that, but you will also have a hardcopy of your dreams written down, this may prove to be invaluable as you may be drawn to review some of them later.

By being more aware during the day, and becoming established in a consistent stream of awareness, witnessing all phenomena (both inner and outer) without attachments... lucidity and clarity within the dream experience naturally begin to arise.

I offer a link here for anyone who wishes to read more about dream yoga:

Dream Yoga

Yoga Nidra is all the rage in studios these days. I've been to several sessions and would recommend trying one out. Very relaxing and I have accessed some imagery during the practice. Check out yoga studios in your area for classes. I have version from a pod cast on my system but it isn't the same as a session with a trained teacher IMO. As mentioned above, it's a practice that goes beyond ultra relaxation and should not be taken haphazardly.

Can you catch yourself dreaming when you're sleeping?

Can you catch yourself ego-tripping when your awake?

or

Can you catch yourself awake when your sleeping?

Can you catch yourself asleep when you're awake?

:lol:

Can you catch yourself dreaming when you're sleeping?

Can you catch yourself ego-tripping when your awake?

or

Can you catch yourself awake when your sleeping?

Can you catch yourself asleep when you're awake?

:lol:

... and can you catch yourself asleep when you're awake while you're sleeping?

:P

B)

:blink:

Tibetan Yogas of Dream and Sleep

Sign in to follow this