Cameron

Summary of 14 years of Taoist Discussions

I asked Kan San very directly about his opinion on Tao Bums and all the bickering about different paths.

He said(rough translation as his English isn't so good) "each path is special and leads to the same peak."

The point isn't what path is better. It's what path is best for you.

namaste(last post! lol)

Hi Cameron,

Well, contrary to the thoughts of your master I think that discussions including disagreements help all of us to better understand and further establish our own path.

I do agree with your master that all (honorable) paths lead to the same peak.

And I agree that, because each of us is different from all others, one single path is likely not good for everyone.

Therefore it is my opinion that you really have no valid reason to leave because your input may help someone who is lost to find "their" path.

• Like 1

Hi Cameron,

I think that discussions including disagreements help all of us to better understand and further establish our own path.

Therefore it is my opinion that you really have no valid reason to leave because your input may help someone who is lost to find "their" path.

good post marblehead.

I agree, much can be learned from disagreements. for most part people are quite civil here at TTB :)

electronic way of communicating is hard, at times it brings out the worst in people. I have seen that at work as well. people will say 'stuff' in emails, which they will never say in a face to face meeting, or even on the phone.

so cameron, please don't take things personally. awaiting your return...

• Like 2

I remember way back all the jokes flying between you, Plato and the old folks, cracking me up.

Yes for me it's the people I've meet here that keep me checking TTB now and then.

The discussion of various paths/methods holds much less value for me than the people I've come to :wub:

I asked Kan San very directly about his opinion on Tao Bums and all the bickering about different paths.

He said(rough translation as his English isn't so good) "each path is special and leads to the same peak."

The point isn't what path is better. It's what path is best for you.

namaste(last post! lol)

Each path is a differnt path leads to same peak but as well the choice produce different nuances in life affecting ones own life and that of those around you different. What you learn additonal is something that is consider in the choice of a path. A warrior seek power to control in confrontation, while the healer seek the power to heal. In both way the peak is the intensity of their devotion in their life.

A way is not linear, sometimes there are slopes, sometime one run back to check something, sometimes one run around in circles.

Greatness in proffesion is the same peak a human reach in society. Again a peak in music is different than a peak in biology.

They cross each other at times when interchanging information proves to have value to raise the peak. Nothing last eternity at a point- a peak is a peak but in other times the peak has moved its place. One choose to learn enough music to benifit the understanding of biology and vice versa. It is to know what is main and side choice.

I am inspired for a poem:

"Pointing at the moon; you can either look at the finger or/and the moon.

But even both can distract you... there are also other things beside the moon

and the finger. The choice of perception leads to difference.

Between the moon and the finger and around.... there is still enough space to see,

as well who is pointing."

Best,

Q

"Pointing at the moon; you can either look at the finger or/and the moon.

But even both can distract you... there are also other things beside the moon

and the finger. The choice of perception leads to difference.

Between the moon and the finger and around.... there is still enough space to see,

as well who is pointing."

Best,

Q

Pointing at the moon

There it sits so sharp and quick

Pointing back at me

Pointing at the moon

There it sits so sharp and quick

Pointing back at me

"Point the moon

who points at me.

I became the moon."

Yes for me it's the people I've meet here that keep me checking TTB now and then.

The discussion of various paths/methods holds much less value for me than the people I've come to :wub:

Absolutely. There are so many people here that I've followed for many years, and sometimes interacted with, so that they feel like friends, even those who at times have stirred the pot! It saddens me that I probably will never meet them. But hey, perhaps we should have a bi-annual ttb-gathering? I think there would be so much positive exchange, and life long friendships forged.

Mandrake

To pretend that your somebody your not on an internet chatroom is pure ego.

It's OK. We are all pretending to be someone we're not. We pretend to be persons, human beings. ;) It is what makes things interesting and fun. Part of the game.

And I know this won't sit well with many people but if you really want to do this I think the best thing is to shut up and just follow what your teacher tells you until your enlightened.

Certainly doesn't sit well with you. ^_^

electronic way of communicating is hard, at times it brings out the worst in people. I have seen that at work as well. people will say 'stuff' in emails, which they will never say in a face to face meeting, or even on the phone.

Non-electronic communication at times brings out the worst in people.

People will convey non-verbal stuff in direct interaction that they could never convey in electronic communication. There are ways of making someone lose their composure that simply don't work in internet forums.

You are making a choice of putting the blame about unpleasant interpersonal relations on the means of communication. That is a way of paving the way towards easy rejection of responsibility.

Edited by Owledge
  • Like 1

It's OK. We are all pretending to be someone we're not. We pretend to be persons, human beings. ;) It is what makes things interesting and fun. Part of the game.

Are you not a human being? I agree we are all pretending but I am pretty sure I am a human being

Are you not a human being? I agree we are all pretending but I am pretty sure I am a human being

That which is pretending to be is not.

Do what you want. If you enjoy Tao Bums keep posting!

I feel I have said everything(probably too much)and don't have time or interest to keep writing here.

If you are already enlightened great. I don't know you.

I practice the Kunlun Nei Gung system. I am just a student and not a master.

Who knows? Maybe in 5 or 10 years I will feel in a position to say more stuff and will.

Cam

@Cameron

This is really a curious phenomenon and showing the message in it clearly. The universe is trying to show you that there's something you need to work on. It is connected to a desire to see yourself in a way that you are not. As soon as you delude yourself with that image of yourself of being done with this forum (expressed in words that try to convince yourself) and being above petty quarrel and all that, you are destroying that image by continuing to post.

The first step now would be to breathe deeply, look at this lesson and acknowledge it. (You might begin to smile without intention.) Then, the second best (only temporary) solution would be to muster the discipline to stop posting anymore. The best would be to go through an inner transformation that enabled you to say goodbye to TTB without needing any discipline. The discipline might only be needed for reaching that state. But not necessarily. The aim is to say goodbye to the idea of saying goodbye. (It looks like a separation issue.)

Once you have reached that state, you have overcome a process in yourself that you have little control of now, and you will have overcome all mental constructs about posting on TTB being harmful to your spiritual journey. The very fact that TTB is involved in showing you this aspect of yourself that is asking to be dealt with kinda confirms that it is helpful, and this can already be used for resolving the issue. ^_^

Good luck! :)