C T

'New' Enlightened Master On The Scene?

A fair number of members are fed up of the derailment issue, clearly.:(

Taking personal responsibility is something each poster can do.. to think before they post off topic or personal bickering and wonder 'does this actually contribute to the forum..' or 'does this actually dilute the usefulness and enjoyability of the forum'..:blush:

What would "effective moderation" for derailment be?

Afaik the board is pretty divided between members wanting more moderation, less, and many feeling the porridge is just right..

What I think:

From my point of view, these people should have been told to make a new thread to continue whatever their little back and forth was about.

Also, if people choose to keep derailing after a moderator warning them, and telling them to take it elsewhere...they should of course be suspended.

On another note...even though I realize it's a little unfair (since everyone is entitled to their personal views about the path), I would personally tell "tulku" that he isn't allowed to post so many threads unless they are significantly different from what he's posted already, and actually useful, unlike what he's posted already. If he continued, I would suspend or ban him (this is hypothetical, if I had the ability). In my view, he is spamming the forum and degrading the overall discussion with what appears to be adolescent misunderstandings of spirituality. I think it is potentially harmful to people who are looking for real advice about the path.

Totally just my opinion there.

What I think:

From my point of view, these people should have been told to make a new thread to continue whatever their little back and forth was about.

Also, if people choose to keep derailing after a moderator warning them, and telling them to take it elsewhere...they should of course be suspended.

On another note...even though I realize it's a little unfair (since everyone is entitled to their personal views about the path), I would personally tell "tulku" that he isn't allowed to post so many threads unless they are significantly different from what he's posted already, and actually useful, unlike what he's posted already. If he continued, I would suspend or ban him (this is hypothetical, if I had the ability). In my view, he is spamming the forum and degrading the overall discussion with what appears to be adolescent misunderstandings of spirituality. I think it is potentially harmful to people who are looking for real advice about the path.

Totally just my opinion there.

Thanks for the input.:)

Taking personal responsibility is something each poster can do.. to think before they post off topic or personal bickering and wonder 'does this actually contribute to the forum..' or 'does this actually dilute the usefulness and enjoyability of the forum'..:blush:

A thread is begun,

and as posters become engaged ,

the thread takes on its own life

Rarely is there an "answer" or 'conclusion' to ANY thread.

but the fact that folks are engaged in one seems like an odd reason to break one off.

Bickering, and the cause of it isnt usually remedied by temporary partioning.

It arises again being unresolved.

In the virtual world ,is there not room to let differences be resolved in their own time? contributing real actual learning value, IMO far more important than making arbitrary points about dusty manuscripts.

I understand the desire to keep everyone acting politically correct.

and I understand the desire for order.

But tolerence to the lack thereof is also a good lesson to learn.

So leave it be as much as possible and promote growth by having a light hand.

• Like 1

Rarely is there an "answer" or 'conclusion' to ANY thread.

but the fact that folks are engaged in one seems like an odd reason to break one off.

Krishnamurti would say that the "answer" or 'conclusion' to ANY thread is the dissolution of the question,...and thus the proper flow of any thread is to dissolve the message,...but many Tao Bums want to dissolve the messenger. LOL

Krishnamurti would say that the "answer" or 'conclusion' to ANY thread is the dissolution of the question,...and thus the proper flow of any thread is to dissolve the message,...but many Tao Bums want to dissolve the messenger. LOL

Verily so :)

:lol:

Well, you're going to have to talk to the Hindus about that. They think Buddha was an avatar of Vishnu. Maybe Vishnu made a deal with the Jade Emporer?

Those who are truly enlightened have great compassion for the world and act to help others. Sitting in silence does not help anyone, except the blissed out fool who think he's enlightened.

hehe Vishnu is a transformation of Shakyamuni Buddha, and vice verse... Why can't they be? :-)

The Jade Emperor... Nice man.

Krishna is Narayana, is The god of Medicine, is Medicine Buddha. :-) Which one is older? all of them, because they are transformations of the same being.

Manjushri Bodhisattva is Universal Worthy Bodhisattva, is Earth Store Bodhisattva. All transformation bodies of Manjushri.

The Buddha... became a Buddha many moons before he appeared in our world. Being a Buddha, he has completely attained the 5 Eyes and Six penetrations, that which The Jade Emperor, a.k.a. Shakra Indra, has not attained.

Be it so, both have been around for ages before appearing in our world. Yet, just for giggles, The Jade Emperor, when he listens to the Buddha speak Dharma in the Heavens, he doesn't sit down. he isn't in the position to be able to sit down; or you can say, he doesn't have the right conditions yet.

Maybe the Jade Emperor is a transformation of the Buddha, or vice,verse. It can be that the Jade Emperor helped Shakyamuni along the way.. and why? Because all are cultivators of the true wisdom path...depends if your eating flesh and causing disasters just for fun.. lol

But the Jade Emperor didn't "bestow" anything on the Buddha to allow him to attain pure and complete wisdom, "Enlightenment" If so, every Buddha and Bodhisattva would be doing that to every one. Because the Buddha attain complete enlightenment, he "attained" the 5 eyes and 6 spiritual penetrations. No one can give it to you. and if they do, it will not last...only temporary.

Guys, this guy is NOT an enlightened master. Energy healing? Spiritual protection circles? Does a supremely enlightened being teach the New Age topics on his website? Apparently he was enlightened after attending a "personal growth seminar." I guess someone needs to be the new Max Christensen or David Verdesi, though. :P

Do you feel strong energy from this guy?

I am quite certain he has his merits. For example, hearing him chant mantras from various traditions (Buddhist/Hindu/Christian/Jewish) one could easily be impressed. But such are mere external displays, which any one, given enough time and interest, could learn up, so it could also mean nothing in the final analysis. I am rather skeptical of 'gurus' who do not show authentic lineage affiliations.

Its difficult to feel a guru's energy without being in his/her presence, but that's just me. The only exception was when i saw Sri Anandamayi Ma's picture for the very first time, years ago. Tears of joy spontaneously welled up. Never once had this happened prior to 'meeting' her, and not once since that 'meeting'. Live meetings, yes... for example, each time i engage with my teacher, i simply melt in her presence, even if its just having a chat with her over the phone.

What makes you think you're capable of judging?

A real enlightened master doesn't put up a website that constantly claims that he is an enlightened spiritual master. This is basic to all Buddhist schools, including Jodo Shinshu. In no less than the Diamond Sutra, it is stated quite bluntly that even a srotaapanna will not go around claiming to be a srotaapanna (much less an arhat, an advanced bodhisattva, or a buddha).

A real enlightened master doesn't put up a website that constantly claims that he is an enlightened spiritual master. This is basic to all Buddhist schools, including Jodo Shinshu. In no less than the Diamond Sutra, it is stated quite bluntly that even a srotaapanna will not go around claiming to be a srotaapanna (much less an arhat, an advanced bodhisattva, or a buddha).

I wish I remember the name, but there was a World Honored One who after attained enlightenment, every one's realization after him had to be certified.

"He isn't enlightened because he says he is enlightened."

I see...I didn't know that was a rule. :lol:

Krishna is Narayana, is The god of Medicine, is Medicine Buddha.

Vishnu/Narayana as the God of medicine is called Dhanvantari

- as Buddha, Medicine Buddha Bhaisajya Guru

........different names....

Edited by mat black

"He isn't enlightened because he says he is enlightened."

I see...I didn't know that was a rule. :lol:

hahaha :lol: its more like a safe-guard for the seeker.

• Like 1

Vishnu/Narayana as the God of medicine is called Dhanvantari

- as Buddha, Medicine Buddha Bhaisajya Guru

........different names....

My Brother! Such a long long time. I believe the last time we spoke was about 2yrs ago,

and I was still getting the demons out of my school. Took me 3 yrs. sorry I wasn't much help to you in the past. Please forgive me. :)

wow, I'm popping by at this forum not too often, and then out of the blue walla: an impromtu rendezvouz with an old mate :D

My Brother! Such a long long time. I believe the last time we spoke was about 2yrs ago,

and I was still getting the demons out of my school. Took me 3 yrs. sorry I wasn't much help to you in the past. Please forgive me. :)

Hi Lin, yeah, it was almost 2 years ago.

It's strange that you're saying sorry to me when Im the one who should apologise for being a pest & bugging you as nuch as I did :blush:

Hope things are going well with your school........well I bet they are :)

Edited by mat black

wow, I'm popping by at this forum not too often, and then out of the blue walla: an impromtu rendezvouz with an old mate :D

Hi Lin, yeah, it was almost 2 years ago.

It's strange that you're saying sorry to me when Im the one who should apologise for being a pest & bugging you as nuch as I did :blush:

Hope things are going well with your school........well I bet they are :)

Things changed with the school, and to save it, I closed it, and got rid of some ... old baggage hehe long story. Glad to be in contact with you..and you were never a pest. :)

Just got onto the spiritual master's website. Perhaps he's viable...but I have a problem with the donation button and the testimonials.

I am quite certain he has his merits. For example, hearing him chant mantras from various traditions (Buddhist/Hindu/Christian/Jewish) one could easily be impressed. But such are mere external displays, which any one, given enough time and interest, could learn up, so it could also mean nothing in the final analysis. I am rather skeptical of 'gurus' who do not show authentic lineage affiliations.

Its difficult to feel a guru's energy without being in his/her presence, but that's just me. The only exception was when i saw Sri Anandamayi Ma's picture for the very first time, years ago. Tears of joy spontaneously welled up. Never once had this happened prior to 'meeting' her, and not once since that 'meeting'. Live meetings, yes... for example, each time i engage with my teacher, i simply melt in her presence, even if its just having a chat with her over the phone.

Wow, what sort of practice leads to such an interesting energy? Is it a combination of inner stuff that is just amped up by energy, you think?