Sign in to follow this  
GrandTrinity

Wu Dang Orbit of Wu Ji

Anyone practice the Wu Dang orbit as taught at wudangtao.com?

It is unlike what Chia or Winn teaches and very powerful and enjoyable and liberating, but certaintly builds on Chias and WInns in that you need to know the points to really do it.

Very enjoyable.

here is the link:

http://www.wudangtao.net/wuji/meditate.html

Can anyone actually do this? I can do it similar but not exactly as desribed, yet. I wonder what higher teachings are???

"Sit in a chair with feet shoulder width apart, the back straight without touching the back of the chair, both hands on the knees. Hands facing up, fold your thumb into your fist and close it. Touch the tip of your tongue to the roof of the mouth gently and close the mouth. Drop the eyelid and leave a slit of the light the eyes looking at the tip of the nose; subconsciously the eye looks at the dantien, seeing and not seeing, looking out seeing no object, look side see non-self. All you see is emptiness within emptiness, it is the void. If you see the void you are back to square one; if you identify the void, you have accomplished nothing.

From the stillness rises the motion, yang chi rise, from the stillness rise the yang chi, when you have the sensation in dantien, do nothing, be an observer. When the yang chi is a like a dragon ready to fly take a deep inhalation, eyes look at the chi, mind direct it, follow the governing channel (du). From the Du channel up ascending to the heart palate, breathing out, eyes look down, mind leading chi descending in functional channel (ren). `This is called ascending yang fire, descending yin water. Total three microcosmic orbits. Then mind observing one circle without consciously breathing, repeat three times, rest one, until you reach 36 cycles totaling 108 breaths.

There will be lots of phenomenon happening in the stillness, please remember to see and not see. Do nothing, let chi take its own course. Do not have any attachment to any concept. Continue diligent practice for 100 days. If you have any questions you go to consultation or to the on line class for further more advanced study."

Edited by GrandTrinity

It is unlike what Chia or Winn teaches and very powerful and enjoyable and liberating, but certaintly builds on Chias and WInns in that you need to know the points to really do it.

Very enjoyable.

here is the link:

http://www.wudangtao.net/wuji/meditate.html

Can anyone actually do this? I can do it similar but not exactly as desribed, yet. I wonder what higher teachings are???

"Sit in a chair with feet shoulder width apart, the back straight without touching the back of the chair, both hands on the knees. Hands facing up, fold your thumb into your fist and close it. Touch the tip of your tongue to the roof of the mouth gently and close the mouth. Drop the eyelid and leave a slit of the light the eyes looking at the tip of the nose;

Very Taoist.

subconsciously the eye looks at the dantien, seeing and not seeing, looking out seeing no object, look side see non-self. All you see is emptiness within emptiness, it is the void. If you see the void you are back to square one; if you identify the void, you have accomplished nothing."

The eye of attention is like a lense. This seems a description of proper posture & finding sung in a seated wu ji. Lovely paradoxial perspectives presented by the author. As long as the spinal columb is aligned and the breath coordinated and balanced the state of sung will eventually be found. Facial relaxation goes nice w/ the half closed eyes.

"From the stillness rises the motion, yang chi rise, from the stillness rise the yang chi, when you have the sensation in dantien, do nothing, be an observer. When the yang chi is a like a dragon ready to fly take a deep inhalation, eyes look at the chi, mind direct it, follow the governing channel (du). "

Up the Back

From the Du channel up ascending to the heart palate, breathing out, eyes look down, mind leading chi descending in functional channel (ren).

Down the Front

`This is called ascending yang fire, descending yin water. Total three microcosmic orbits. Then mind observing one circle without consciously breathing, repeat three times, rest one, until you reach 36 cycles totaling 108 breaths."

Or as Da Liu says "do this exercise until you forget about yourself". So elequently put.

There will be lots of phenomenon happening in the stillness, please remember to see and not see.

These hallucinations seem to be played on a lot, they arise from single point meditations in the form of field effects, but if there's anything that wu ji helps realize is that when your are in a state of sung, thoughts are things, and mind body duality is a lie.

"Do nothing, let chi take its own course. Do not have any attachment to any concept. Continue diligent practice for 100 days."

Traditional break in period. Kick the tires. 100 days of practice is accumulative.

Spectrum

Edited by Spectrum

Its not neccessarily that different then chia's or any other microcosmic orbit method. What is nice about it is the stress on emptiness meditation, non attachment and steady long progress.

I think that for Easterners its a given that a person is accomplished at emptiness meditation before they get into energetic work. I think we need to be reminded of that.

Michael

For microcosmic work I like Minke's guided meditation routine from her Tao Basics CD. After 'feeling' the points, and moving a pearl up the orbit, it lets go of points and efforts and has the orbit run like a stream.

I also like Winns' Fundamental II video chigung sequence.

Sign in to follow this