jacklantegi

What's the dealio with visualizing chakras?

Hey guys,

I've been practicing various methods of visualizing my chakras while meditating with varying results.

The general consensus is that for males, the chakras spin clockwise. What is never mentioned is whether it's clockwise from your actual position, or someone who would be facing you.

I like to keep things simple and simply focus on the general area, but I found my results to be more consistent while adding a spheric shape and color to that. I recently added the spinning which is a pain in the ass to focus on, but again, made the results a bit better.

I feeling like saying "screw it" and going back to just focusing on the area, but I tried it again recently and the difference is pretty substantial if I don't visualize at all...

Thoughts?

Hey guys,

I've been practicing various methods of visualizing my chakras while meditating with varying results.

The general consensus is that for males, the chakras spin clockwise. What is never mentioned is whether it's clockwise from your actual position, or someone who would be facing you.

I like to keep things simple and simply focus on the general area, but I found my results to be more consistent while adding a spheric shape and color to that. I recently added the spinning which is a pain in the ass to focus on, but again, made the results a bit better.

I feeling like saying "screw it" and going back to just focusing on the area, but I tried it again recently and the difference is pretty substantial if I don't visualize at all...

Thoughts?

for me they spin both ways at once, and you can tell them to spin one way or the other (counter clockwise or clockwise) faster if you like. They rotate around the axis of sushumna in the spinal column and as i get higher in the body, i visualize them spinning faster. I use phi ratio spins to sync them up with each other.

(root 8 counterclockwise, 5 clockwise... sacral 13 ccw, 8 cw... up to the sahasrara at the crown which spins 144 times ccw and 89 times cw) I don't actually count those rotations, just tell them to vibrate at that speed, so each one is spinning at the rate of the one above and below it. It generates a tremendous amount of power as they "synergize" and harmonize.

there are as many different ways to visualize chakras as there are mystics.. they all work. lotuses, vortices, wheels, mandalas, elemental, with or without deities living within them, etc. I advise you to keep experimenting and be open to change! see what works best for you.. blessings

Thanks for the advice!

I focused on the chakras and located them on the sushumna instead of the central channel this time and holy cow! this was the most profound meditation I have ever done to date.

Why do people always advise using the central channel? I know they're located on a continuum in the body but still...

Anyway, what I did for my last meditation was simply take a look at the nerve ganglia locations in an imagine I found (chakras_chart_leadbeater_500x735.jpg and imagined them swollen up and pulsating light and color for each respective chakra area. It worked fantastic and no need to spin! :D

for me they spin both ways at once, and you can tell them to spin one way or the other (counter clockwise or clockwise) faster if you like. They rotate around the axis of sushumna in the spinal column and as i get higher in the body, i visualize them spinning faster. I use phi ratio spins to sync them up with each other.

(root 8 counterclockwise, 5 clockwise... sacral 13 ccw, 8 cw... up to the sahasrara at the crown which spins 144 times ccw and 89 times cw) I don't actually count those rotations, just tell them to vibrate at that speed, so each one is spinning at the rate of the one above and below it. It generates a tremendous amount of power as they "synergize" and harmonize.

there are as many different ways to visualize chakras as there are mystics.. they all work. lotuses, vortices, wheels, mandalas, elemental, with or without deities living within them, etc. I advise you to keep experimenting and be open to change! see what works best for you.. blessings

Edited by jacklantegi

Although looking at that again more closely I just got confused....

The spinal vertebrae for the sacral chakra is located above the vertebrae for the navel chakra???? huh??

OR... it's the case of the sacral vs spleen chakra... and the sacral is actually where it says "sacral spinal ganglion".

Does anyone actually use the spleen chakra???

I've heard it mentioned that the chakras should be spinning clockwise and not counter-clockwise, my suspicions are that this movement works in a dual polarity sort of way, with clockwise being positive and counter clockwise being the negative movement of the chakra.

Yes, this is the common knowledge however,

Is it clockwise, as in, from left to right like facing a clock or

clockwise as in, from right to left with the clock facing away from you?

When you think about it, the latter feels more "counterclockwisey" to me, but gives me smoother results...

I have no idea..

I've heard it mentioned that the chakras should be spinning clockwise and not counter-clockwise, my suspicions are that this movement works in a dual polarity sort of way, with clockwise being positive and counter clockwise being the negative movement of the chakra.

Yep, you got it, the first example, as when your facing the clock visually in front of you. If someone were to look at you from the front with your chakras spinning they would see them spinning counter-clockwise.

Here is an example:

chakraspin.png

Edited by FieryWind

OR... it's the case of the sacral vs spleen chakra... and the sacral is actually where it says "sacral spinal ganglion".

Does anyone actually use the spleen chakra???

Have a look at the Celiac plexus - if you want a definition of 'middle dantien' the celiac is sorta "teh plexus of zang" (or lower zang since it doesnt cover heart & lungs) ...so the splenic plexus hangs off of that...

But what about when someone uses a pendulum to test your chakras?

Say you are lying down on your back, and the person testing you is on the right side of your body, facing your head, and holding the pendulum in his right hand over your chakras.

Doesn't that mean that the pendulum would have to spin counter-clockwise if your chakra is indeed spinning clockwise???!?

Yep, you got it, the first example, as when your facing the clock visually in front of you. If someone were to look at you from the front with your chakras spinning they would see them spinning counter-clockwise.

Here is an example:

chakraspin.png

Edited by jacklantegi

But what about when someone uses a pendulum to test your chakras?

Say you are lying down on your back, and the person testing you is on the right side of your body, facing your head, and holding the pendulum in his right hand over your chakras.

Doesn't that mean that the pendulum would have to spin counter-clockwise if your chakra is indeed spinning clockwise???!?

the chakras spin on the axis of sushumna for me. So i look at them from the top down when i talk about clockwise or counterclockwise.

in other words, clockwise means from left to right in the front, and right to left in the back.

Its all highly subjective! :)

Different traditions have different versions, placings, colours, directions of spin [or not] and different numbers of chakras.

My personal theory is that they are just ways of describing general feeling areas of the nervous system. hence regardless the exact position/color/spin... they still usually describe the feeling we have in those areas. An obvious example is the heart chakra/s are in the area where we feel love... For this reason, I cant take chakras as being objectively real. Powerful and accomplished mystics from various traditions have successfully used their traditions own [differing] models of the chakras to diagnose, meditate on, move or work with energy from. So I consider them subjectively real.

Years ago someone talked me into 'dowsing' my chakras with a pendulum. This afforded me the wonderful opportunity to move my chakras around according to different maps which became totally confounding for the dowser, as his reading would suddenly change :lol:

If I wish to work with my chakras, i may work with them, in the front, middle/central or back/shushumna channel regions, or occasionally as a belt area which includes the whole region, depending what feels most powerful at that time...

If visualizing them spinning, I personally like to see them spinning both ways, top down as anamatva does. I don't know why, its just what feels best to me.

Have fun enjoying the Infinite subjectivity.

• Like 1