Sign in to follow this  
Edward M

Chain of events or circular reality?

Hey Bums,

Been pondering on this topic the last few days and thought it time to get other's opinions on this.

Does the BigBang theory disprove Buddha's belief in the universe having no beginning? His arguments/explanations were saying that we can't know, which at that point in time, we couldn't. But now with scientific instruments to extend our senses, perhaps we can know.

http://big-bang-theory.com/

If indeed there was a beginning, what does this mean?

Quite an important issue i think....

Peace

Edward

Thanks CT that video was awesome!! :)

SinFest, good question... according to that website i posted it was nothingness :)

Thanks CT that video was awesome!! :)

:) Glad you enjoyed it. Its fun to think of imponderables now and again.. Whats even more fun is knowing we are actually not outside of that which is imponderable, a never-ending loopy loop!

Here's another one which is like... from the horse's mouth itself :lol: (sorry Ajahn Brahm... just a bit of wise-cracking goin' on). A bit longish, for when you have the time. I havent watched the whole clip yet myself.

Thanks again CT, to be honest there is something about that guy i really don't trust... so probably wont watch it, but thanks for posting :)

Thanks again CT, to be honest there is something about that guy i really don't trust... so probably wont watch it, but thanks for posting :)

No worries. Wise to listen to your inner voice. Although some of my Aussie Buddhist friends find him to be very inspiring, not that it really matters...

Sign in to follow this