Marblehead

Lily Of The Day

I think that this thread should be moved to General Discussion where it will get bumped daily for as long as the lillies last and visitors and new members will spot it easily.

It honours the Tao Bums space and it's certainly not off topic. :)

Thanks MH :D

i dont have any photo to share but all over the appalachian hiway thru virginia and north carolina in the medians, millions of orange and yellow lillys. smile.gif

i dont have any photo to share but all over the appalachian hiway thru virginia and north carolina in the medians, millions of orange and yellow lillys. smile.gif

Yes, that area is better suited for daylilies. The heat down here shortens the life of the bloomed flowers down here. But still ...

Yes, that area is better suited for daylilies. The heat down here shortens the life of the bloomed flowers down here. But still ...

I'll try to remember to take a pic in my yard this evening. In the meantime, this is lousy phone-pic of the view from my desk "chair" (a big blue ball, actually...)

post-54451-133952831504_thumb.jpg

Edited by A Seeker

Dang! Forgot to take pictures. I've got dozens (hundreds?) of daylilies & tiger lilies in bloom now (along with stella d'oro, hydrangas, snowballs, rhodos, mountain laurel, flame azaleas, primrose, gardenias, glads, roses, etc., etc.)

My wife likes flowers...

:)

This is in my backyard -- my wife likes "yard art..." :)

post-54451-133968071244_thumb.jpg

This is in the front, below a bunch of daylilies which were rather sleepy this morning.

post-54451-133968074333_thumb.jpg

This is a sad little rhodo bloom that got damaged by a shower last night. A few sleepy daylilies are in the background, by the house.

post-54451-133968076748_thumb.jpg

And now, something completely different:

post-54451-133968085682_thumb.jpg

:)

We return you now to the Marblehead Lily of the Day show, already in progress...

The second picture (purple daylily) blew my mind! I want one!!!

Do you ever get seed pods frome your daylilies? I have five pods this year. Actually, this is just the second year of daylilies in my garden.

The purple ones are something my wife planted, I think. The regular daylilies & tiger lilies are fixtures in this region (along with rhododendron, mountain laurels, flame azaleas, irises, forsythia, sweet pea, galax, trilium, etc.) and they grow like weeds.