Sign in to follow this  
Stigweard

Tai Chi Guided Meditations ?

Hiya folks, I am in the process of putting together some simple audio tracks containing guided meditations for Tai Chi / Chi Kung / Taoist meditation. I would love to have your input on some of the guided meditations you have come across ... what were they? what was the instruction? how effective or enjoyable were they?

Cheers :D

I collect guided meditations. From Taoist, shamanic, motivational, sexual, humanistic, trippy, etc., but none that I can think of that are Tai Chi ish.

Most start with a relaxation based entrainment. Some classic body oriented, ie relaxing body parts, others have visualizations that start with the mind and end up relaxing the body, with imagery such as being on a long escalator. The majority have music, even biaurals, but that's not a strict requirement.

From relaxation they move to main theme, often repeating it several times, repeating the same phrases (some take advantage of right/left ear phone sound). That's important because throughout the meditation you're hitting different levels of consciousness. Many of the hypnotist led tracks raise and lower there voices over key words, to hit the subconscious.

Similarly the NLP oriented will have the listener create an anchor, such as word, image, or physical sense they can tap into when awake.

It's good to be sensual in descriptions, make sure people feel there bodies, there extension, balance, clothes etc., yet also give free time for them to explore and go deep by themselves. Indeed some of the most powerful meditations such as the The Monroe groups are 3/4 empty.

Edited by thelerner

Thanks for the link, I'm an admirer of Wudangtao. I've been using there Evening and Morning guided meditations. Its nice to have a face to put on the voice.

Edited by thelerner

Sign in to follow this